Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

DW heavy attack?

valkaneer2b14_ESO
valkaneer2b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Why does the dual wield heavy attack do so much less damage than the 2h heavy attack? With resto staff you get back mana, but what about DW is there something I am not seeing going on there?
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    DW should do less damage than a heavy 2H. 2H are meant to be slower but heavier, DW faster but lighter.
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • valkaneer2b14_ESO
    valkaneer2b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ya but heavy attack takes the same amount of time it seems, but does less than half the damage. I was doing 22 with DW and 60 with 2h on sneak attacks. Seems really imba to me.
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    When I was doing 2h heavy attacks it seemed like a long build up. But I cannot compare it with DW. Thing is I think DW is meant to be played light and fast, and 2h slow and heavy.

Noticed I had trouble killing a mob when I was using light attacks I came back and used heavy mixed with light and blocks, and killed it easily.
  • Ciinen1988
    Ciinen1988
    ✭✭✭
    Any time that you hold the mouse button down for more than just a press its considered a heavy attack. If the attack isn't held for the full duration it will not do the full amount of damage. I catch myself all the time accidentally doing a heavy attack that is barely more damage than a light attack because my fat finger won't get off the mouse button :)
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Ciinen1988 wrote: »
    Any time that you hold the mouse button down for more than just a press its considered a heavy attack. If the attack isn't held for the full duration it will not do the full amount of damage. I catch myself all the time accidentally doing a heavy attack that is barely more damage than a light attack because my fat finger won't get off the mouse button :)

hahahaha...

Is there an option to change the speed, I know there is for the dodge. You can adjust the delay, default is something like 1.88s. Maybe the same can be done for Light/heavy attacks.