The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Confusion regarding the class skills and critical chance

Adephx
Adephx
Is the critical chance of class skills based on the weapon or the magical critical chance? For example Veiled Strike (can be done with an equipped bow), but I have no idea which crit effects it?

If we take the upgraded Shadow Cloak which adds 70% to the physical crit rate, do other "magical" skills benefit from it, or only stamina based attacks?

I've seen Teleport Strike hit for more when combined with Shadow Cloak, but that might be just the spell critting by itself?

Which brings my last question, if class skills are based off magica and you plan on using mostly class skills (let's be honest, the dual wield skills suck ass), is there even a point in wearing medium armor for the extra crit, or should I just switch to light armor?
Edited by Adephx on 1 April 2014 22:47
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    I'm slightly confused. There is Weapon Critical Rating and Spell Critical Rating. Can you quote the skill description? It would appear from some of the descriptions I'm reading that certain class skills buff the next attack. In theory it would seem that class skills could increase the damage of weapon attacks.

Cas
    Edited by Castielle on 1 April 2014 23:34
    Options
  • Teloran
    Teloran
    ✭✭✭
    If a spell summons a blade or involves you hitting the enemy with your weapon, it uses physical crit AND is mitigated by armour. If it involves magical fields, projectiles or explosions; it uses spell crit and spell resist.
    Edit: as for dual wield, its damage scales with your weapon while class skills don't. That's probably why you find the skills underwhelming atm. Whem you get decent weapons they become quite powerful.
    Edited by Teloran on 2 April 2014 06:25
    Options