Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Intro movie

Nortar
Nortar
When I first launched the game, there was an intro movie (not the CGI with 3 factions) featuring Prophet and, I guess, revealing a bit of the plot.

Accidentally I have skipped that movie, and now I can not find a way to watch it again.

Is it possible? And if yes, then how to do it?
  • Captainkrunch96
    Captainkrunch96
    ✭✭✭
    most likely, no. But I am sure you can find it on youtube.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Err.. could always reinstall the game. Its before character creation, thus most likely based on if you played the game before, so you wont loose your characters. Youtube, probably. Or, well, I never really looked if they have a movie library.
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Nikolas
    Nikolas
    ✭✭✭
  • Nortar
    Nortar
    Thanks a lot! :)
  • TRG_Ebrasu
    TRG_Ebrasu
    ✭✭✭
    Funny mine stopped at about 0:24 with no interaction. I figured it was just an awesomely short intro.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Nikolas. That was even more awesome the second time through.
    Oh.. and.. DRAGON at the end...
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Dayshadow
    Dayshadow
    It's ridiculous that there is no option to watch it every time you start a new character. This is basic stuff. Not everyone has A.D.D. and has to rush through everything. Why even bother the make such a opening if you are so sure it's so lame and stupid that nobody will EVER want to opt to see it?
  • Cabius
    Cabius
    I accidentally skipped it my first time as well, I just exited the game without creating a character and it played again when I loaded it back up. I wish it was one of those awesome CG one.
  • merk
    merk
    ✭✭
    was it just me or was the quality of that movie pretty bad? It looked pretty pixelated to me.
  • Louis
    Louis
    ✭✭✭
    I Loved the Intro Movie, it brought Chills to my Bones.
    like when i first played Oblivion
    alot of people look at this signature, i guess youre one of them.
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darlgon wrote: »
    Thanks @Nikolas. That was even more awesome the second time through.
    Oh.. and.. DRAGON at the end...

Trying not to disappoint you, but that's a Daedric Titan - not a dragon. These are different times. There's still Akatosh, the great Dragon God of Time, but dragons are just a myth. They don't really exist.
  • Wargrum
    Wargrum
    OMG - why do we get to see this only once? I also accidentally skipped it the first time I logged on, and having to go to YouTube to watch the whole thing is beyond lame.

Thanks for posting the vid link Nikolas.
  • dank79
    dank79
    Soul Shriven
    I just watched a video for a game called "Goat Simulator", too *** funny.
  • EclipseEGO
    Nortar wrote: »
    When I first launched the game, there was an intro movie (not the CGI with 3 factions) featuring Prophet and, I guess, revealing a bit of the plot.

Accidentally I have skipped that movie, and now I can not find a way to watch it again.

Is it possible? And if yes, then how to do it?
    Wargrum wrote: »
    OMG - why do we get to see this only once? I also accidentally skipped it the first time I logged on, and having to go to YouTube to watch the whole thing is beyond lame.

Thanks for posting the vid link Nikolas.

If you want to go right to the source, the movie file is located at:

[your local program files location]
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\depot\Video

and the file is Opening_Cinematic_en.bik

.bik files are used for movies embedded in games. You can download a .bik file player here.
    Edited by EclipseEGO on 2 April 2014 06:20