Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Trading and or Selling to other players.

yoshimagit
yoshimagit
Soul Shriven
I was just wondering how you as a group of players feel about trading between players or selling items or gear between players.
  • DuhbAingeal
    I think its awesome I personally craft Items for my friends and Guild member so that they can give me the money and they get exactly what they want.
  • yoshimagit
    yoshimagit
    Soul Shriven
    I think at early stages it might be a little weird cause people are trying to build up their "hoards" so to speak lol. But I think as a community of gamers we should do out best to help one another regardless if we make a little something something on the side lol.
  • carstedes
    carstedes
    I assume you are asking how we feel about there not being an auction house. Well, I for one rather like it; it seems to add a more personal touch to the game. And make good items that much better, the fact that you actually have to find someone to buy them from. Of course you could always join a large guild and use a guild store, but even that is keeping it pretty small, or at least short of a huge global auction house.

Although, there are a few negatives. For most of the time, I have no idea what items are worth, but that just means I have to do a bit more haggling. The most inconvenient thing is that zone chat seems to always be filled up with spam for items for sell, but maybe that will die down when the game matures.
  • Aphrodite
    Aphrodite
    I think a auction house would make things easier....but i find the concept of player to player trade quite fun
  • Krayor
    Krayor
    ✭✭✭
    Player trade seems like an afterthought in this game. I would like to see some much needed changes to make it much more accessible.
    The ESO Economy screams, "major afterthought with little effort put into it!"
  • TheGodless1
    TheGodless1
    ✭✭✭
    carstedes wrote: »
    I assume you are asking how we feel about there not being an auction house. Well, I for one rather like it; it seems to add a more personal touch to the game. And make good items that much better, the fact that you actually have to find someone to buy them from. Of course you could always join a large guild and use a guild store, but even that is keeping it pretty small, or at least short of a huge global auction house.

Although, there are a few negatives. For most of the time, I have no idea what items are worth, but that just means I have to do a bit more haggling. The most inconvenient thing is that zone chat seems to always be filled up with spam for items for sell, but maybe that will die down when the game matures.

And that was always one of the finer selling points for me in earlier ES games. The haggling. Having to work on your mercantile skills and speechcraft to haggle with a vendor. I joined East Empire Trading Company and love that my goods are actually being bought and sold at a competitive, but fair price. I hope it helps reduce the amounts of people taking a worthless legendary item and selling it for well more than it's worth because it's a legendary. So far te economy has seemed to be relatively decent minus the individual sellers who are already trying to gouge the markets. But that's what it's all about isn't it?Here's to a fun and hopefully fruitful economy!
  • cromica81_ESO
    cromica81_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I hate that there is no AH.
    I will just craft what I can myself and sell things I don't want to vendors, I have no desire to be part a huge guild so I will never use the guild store.
    Edited by cromica81_ESO on 2 April 2014 06:19