Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Can't select class

Shubuta
Shubuta
I have been so far unable to create a character due to not being able to select a class. When I go to my class tab, I only see a greyed out box with a question mark in it. It's not selectable and no other options are available for me on that tab.

Lame launch bug or what?
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It could be some sort of loading bug, or there may be something wrong with your launcher.
    Firstly, I suggest simply reloading the game and re-logging, and trying to recreate your character.
    Secondly, if that does not work, I suggest using the launcher's repair function.
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • Shubuta
    Shubuta
    Did the first option a few times, I'm not completely new to troubleshooting. I'll try to repair.
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can imagine this being really frustrating.
    Glad I only got 3 day early access...
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • foofighter5
    i have the same issue!...cant create a character, since there is no class to select.... :(
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shubuta @foofighter5 Not trying to be rude or anything, but have you tried the actual Technical Support forum for this? This is players helping players and this issue was not seen in the Beta (to my knowledge) so it would be difficult for players to help you immediately on this issue.
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • foofighter5
    well they only give you the advice to click on repair...and after that the launcher starts downloading 8gb! again...thats annoying!
  • briznuk
    briznuk
    Does Anyone have a solution for this trouble ? :/
  • briznuk
    briznuk
    repair has work for me
  • Shubuta
    Shubuta
    Yes couldn't play last night/this morning due to repair taking FOREVER. But problem solved, so thanks for the help.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    Shubuta wrote: »
    Yes couldn't play last night/this morning due to repair taking FOREVER. But problem solved, so thanks for the help.

Well of course you couldn't play last night. It didn't open until 7 AM Eastern today.

• burzhillionb16_ESO
    Also have the same problem, cant choose class
    Edited by burzhillionb16_ESO on 1 April 2014 10:43
  • Shubuta
    Shubuta
    Also have the same problem, cant choose class
    Launcher window, click the "Game Options" menu which is right-aligned on the news section, select repair. Wait 4-8 hours for download depending on connection, then it works.