Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Feeding your horse?

Elvent
Elvent
✭✭✭✭
So if I feed my horse and raise its stats...do they stay permanently? Or if I stop feeding it, the stats go down and I have to keep feeding it to keep it up?

Was wondering because of bag space and if it's a constant upkeep I would rather not spend all that gold for it but if it's permanent I would like to start now.

Thanks for any help.
  • kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it's permanent.
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• Elvent
    Elvent
    ✭✭✭✭
    kijima wrote: »
    I believe it's permanent.

Thanks!

• kijima
    kijima
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not like your horse is going to get locked in jail and lose some skill points.

Better make sure he doesn't poop in the street just to be on the safe side though. :o
    Been here since Feb 2014 - You'd think I'd be half reasonable at this game by now...

A'marta - AD Sorc Tank
    Kijima - AD DK Derps
    Annure - AD NB Derps
    Boom Crash Opera - AD Sorc DPS

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You also have a max of 50, so plan accordingly.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Kontonno
    Kontonno
    After having fed my horse several times, it seems to stick. Like @driosketch said, your horse can be fed 50 times and then that's it.
  • Swordmage
    Swordmage
    ✭✭✭
    Remember, you can have more than one horse. It may be worthwhile creating specialty horses for different situations (e.g., an inventory horse for general exploring and a speed horse for PvP). You store your extra horses in the stable and only get the benefit for the one currently associated with your character.
  • Klauen
    Klauen
    ✭✭
    I would like to know how many times i have to feed my horse so its appearance changes
    Edited by Klauen on 2 April 2014 05:43
    The Surgeon of Death
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The horse stats will stick for THAT horse, if you change horse with different stats (instead of carry slots to faster speed). You lose your extra inv slots while u have your running horse out. If your change back to your carry horse, you will get back your inve slots.