Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Help me restart

Glimroc
Glimroc
So I have the Imperial Early Access pack. I played all day yesterday and don't like my character.
I opened up the adventure pack and used the Dominion treasure maps (found 1).
I want to delete my character to use the same name, but don't want to lose my bonus items.
I've seen too many people not read and then cry when they realize their bonuses are gone. I can't deposit the sealed chests into the bank for another character.
How to I transfer my items to an new character?
  • Alia
    Alia
    You need to open up the sealed chests, which separates the maps in your inventory. You can then put all your items in your bank safely. Then you should be able to delete your character and keep your items waiting in the bank for your new character.
  • snowmanflvb14_ESO
    snowmanflvb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    put all your items into your bank. The urns have to be open to put the maps into the bank. then to be safe make another throw away toon put them ingame. Then make your real new toon ( on the creator) back out to character select delete your old toon then go back into the creator and put that name in and bring them into the game ( I do it that way to lessen the chance that someone grabs your name will you are creating the new character). You really do not need to create the throw away character as once the items are in the bank they should stay there but I just suggest it to be safe.

If you are like me and hate having the maps take up bank space I just had a mule toon pick them and the pets up from the bank as it is account wide and hold onto them for me.
    Edited by snowmanflvb14_ESO on 1 April 2014 15:37
    Magic is impressive but now Minsc leads SWORDS FOR EVERYONE!!
  • Hawke
    Hawke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, your bank is bound to the account. I.E. shared bank for all your characters... I dont think some people have realized this yet, but will. And the forums will explode.