Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

cant escape guy is offline??

allahkazam21
after character creation you appear in a cell type room. there's a hologram guy in front of the gate, only excitable area, who the quest tells you to talk to. but his name is offline. so I don't know if I can do anything to fix it so I can start playing..
  • LoreRunner
    LoreRunner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try /reloadui and if that does not work try relogging.
    If you like my thoughts, feed my addiction! Give me forum credit! :)
  • Katrianah
    Katrianah
    Obvious questions - have you tried relogging? Making a new character just to see if the issue persists across characters?

If you have it may be a bug and it might be worth checking the Customer Support forum.
    ~ Time and again I switch and I change, but I always come back to you.
  • Rekae
    Rekae
    You might need to reload your ui ....type /reloadui if that doesn't work try logging out and back in
  • allahkazam21
    I have tried /: I did write a ticket just waiting for response
  • Rekae
    Rekae
    Try making a differnent character...don't know why some of my Beta characters bugged up on some things while others never did.
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    Have you completed the 'search your cell' part? You have to walk around your cell till that's completed then he appears.
    would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • Rekae
    Rekae
    Yeah he did say that the "hologram" appeared.....hope it clears up for him/her. You all are lucky ...I'M AT WORK :neutral_face:
  • allahkazam21
    my task for quest say tracker goal text.
  • Foul_Corsair
    Foul_Corsair
    ✭✭✭
    Rekae wrote: »
    Yeah he did say that the "hologram" appeared.....hope it clears up for him/her. You all are lucky ...I'M AT WORK :neutral_face:

Aye, I realised that but just thought if he was bugged it might be that.
    Edited by Foul_Corsair on 30 March 2014 13:16
    would ya mind if I fired me cannon through your porthole?
  • daveed316
    daveed316
    if you are having problems there is a hidden option. i have no idea what is causing the problem and it is getting kind of annyoing. you will have to use this method to get through the starting area. i'll attach a picture of what you should look for.
    Screenshot_20140330_122742_zps9e5fb8ea.png
  • marcriddell89b16_ESO
    i dont have that option

very annoying considering i paid 70 quid for the pleasure of imperial edition and early access
  • Pistolera_ESO
    Pistolera_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    @daveed316
    Looks like prophet is giving y'alls the cold shoulder.
    -Guildies-
    Tyrs Paladium
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would recommend logging out, shutting down your game, restarting your system, restarting the game, and rolling a new character.

If your issue yet persists, then contact customer support.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • daveed316
    daveed316
    i was able to get into the main town this way. i am loving the game so far without having played beta. just bug fixes that are really needed to make this game great.

i am still having the problem after relogging, reloadui, restarting pc and repairing the game. anyone have any ideas?
    Edited by daveed316 on 30 March 2014 19:54
  • allahkazam21
    daveed316 wrote: »
    if you are having problems there is a hidden option. i have no idea what is causing the problem and it is getting kind of annyoing. you will have to use this method to get through the starting area. i'll attach a picture of what you should look for.
    Screenshot_20140330_122742_zps9e5fb8ea.png

thanks I'll have to see if that applies to news as well.. but that will have to wait til after work/':

• GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daveed316 wrote: »
    i am still having the problem after relogging, reloadui, restarting pc and repairing the game. anyone have any ideas?

Did you try rolling another character?
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • allahkazam21
    well the secret way worked.. but it would be nice to see names and read the dialogue .. I have tried everything this thread has said. still waiting on a reply from customer support email...
  • allahkazam21
    MrsLlante wrote: »

thanks but that didnt help either )': i just want to enjoy this game..