Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Restoring the guardians - blaze not summoning?

Lenny
Lenny
✭✭✭
Is there something special that I need to do for this quest? It doesn't seem to be working.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    This is a bug that had seemed to have been fixed, the way it was fixed in the beta was by getting a new instance.

To get a new instance the easiest way is to just log out for 2-10mins then log back in, the reason for the large range in time is because you are put into an instance based on several things including but not limited to: group members, population in last instance, guild members, friends list etc

Usually this works on the first try but sometimes you have to do it again, if you actually do get a new/different/fresh instance it will work.
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Jokael
    Jokael
    Soul Shriven
    This work around is unacceptable for a game in which people have paid $80 to start early and play. This is no longer BETA and we are still having horrible Beta type issues in this game, especially since we were only allowed to test up to level 15 content. I can not even imagine what crap we will run into above level 20, let alone end-game.
  • Lenny
    Lenny
    ✭✭✭
    Jokael wrote: »
    This work around is unacceptable for a game in which people have paid $80 to start early and play. This is no longer BETA and we are still having horrible Beta type issues in this game, especially since we were only allowed to test up to level 15 content. I can not even imagine what crap we will run into above level 20, let alone end-game.

Calm your ***, dude. Every game has bugs in it, they are probably working on it right now!
  • Jokael
    Jokael
    Soul Shriven
    Don't tell me to calm my ass, IDC what you say, the game is still in BETA and they are passing it off as a finished product. If you bought a car and it stopped driving after 10 miles how would that make you feel? I know the prices are no comparison but the idea is the same. I have been trying this work around of logging in and out for 3 hours now on 4 different quests for updates and still no luck. The game is *** right now, and I was really looking forward to playing this version and xbox 1 soon. I can't advance questlines and can not proceed to other areas, I am not going to try and grind mobs to advance to 10 so I can PvP or run dungeons either.
    Edited by Jokael on 31 March 2014 17:48
  • Khandi
    Khandi
    ✭✭✭
    I actually agree with Jokael for the most part. The errors in the game are upsetting. I was in 6 or 7 betas and the bugs I ran into yesterday are the same types of things from 4 or 5 betas back.

Next to nothing has been done to correct these issues. I am willing to play out my free month but ESO needs to get off their asses and fix these problems. I guarantee that Jokael nor myself are the only people that feel this way.

These continuing issue ARE deal breakers for a lot of people.
    One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

~Oscar Wilde

• eric_linnemannb16_ESO
    I have the same problem
  • Xionar
    Xionar
    ✭✭✭
    Don't tell me to calm my ass, IDC what you say, the game is still in BETA and they are passing it off as a finished product. If you bought a car and it stopped driving after 10 miles how would that make you feel? I know the prices are no comparison but the idea is the same. I have been trying this work around of logging in and out for 3 hours now on 4 different quests for updates and still no luck. The game is *** right now, and I was really looking forward to playing this version and xbox 1 soon. I can't advance questlines and can not proceed to other areas, I am not going to try and grind mobs to advance to 10 so I can PvP or run dungeons either.

I actually disagree with this. Progression doesn't stop when you can't do a quest. They're skippable, leave, do something else, come back and maybe it will be working.

It's more like you bought a car, it got dirty, and the car wash you happened to try to take it to is out of order. Your car doesn't have to stop, unless that car wash is the best car wash ever and you can't live without it :D

• mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could do it without a problem, so?
  • romeozor
    romeozor
    Soul Shriven
    Xionar wrote: »
    Don't tell me to calm my ass, IDC what you say, the game is still in BETA ...

I actually disagree with this. Progression doesn't stop when you can't do a quest. They're skippable, leave, do something else, come back and maybe it will be working.

It's more like you bought a car, it got dirty, and the car wash you happened to try to take it to is out of order. Your car doesn't have to stop, unless that car wash is the best car wash ever and you can't live without it :D
    I actually disagree with your disagreeing. What if you have multiple quests that you are unable to complete? Which was exactly the case for me yesterday and surprisingly today isn't any better. I'm in Stonefalls and I can't do anything with Restoring the Guardians, nor The brothers will rise, and I haven't checked my other quests that I have a shot at finishing at my current level, but yesterday I had more quests with this issue.

I did go exploring, but I reached areas where my level is just not enough. I did go back to check on the bad quests, unsurprisingly they were still broken. The time and mob grind I spend to "go and check up on something" just to find that it's still broken is a very big disappointment and doesn't encourage me to stay in game.
    You could say "create a new character" or w/e. I indeed could do that, but I don't like leaving areas with unfinished quests.

And now I'm paying money for this!
    The least they could've done is to ensure that the quests < ~15 work properly by the early access. And like someone said before, if this is the case for the very beginning, I can't wait to see what shortcomings await further in the game.
  • eu_Ryu
    eu_Ryu

Actually they fixed many "function" bugs but they broke many quests, in beta i recall only one quest being broken, but now its horrible number.
    Life is as simple as you make it -Ryu
  • Lenny
    Lenny
    ✭✭✭

to be fair, i didn't say @$$, I said t.i.t.s.
  • Trouvo
    Trouvo
    ✭✭✭
    to be fair this game still has less bugs than when Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim all released....and it was a different studio, it also has less bugs than SWTOR when it released as well
    Bloodline|RP Guild|Ebonheart Pact
  • Casdha
    Casdha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get a new instance without the wait. Go back down to the bottom of the steps, just out of site of the spawn location , close to where an imp spawns. Kill it then log out and back in. Then go try it again. If you get a notice you can't log out while in combat and there is an imp around, you went far enough just kill it and log out there.
    Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%

• Lenny
    Lenny
    ✭✭✭
    Trouvo wrote: »
    to be fair this game still has less bugs than when Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim all released....and it was a different studio, it also has less bugs than SWTOR when it released as well

Yup. And how about that 100% uptime so far? This is the greatest release of and piece of software in the history of the computer.