Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Some questions about Class Templar/ Sorcerer

Firmament
Firmament
✭✭
Hello everyone!
I have some doubts about Templar and Sorcerer. I like to play with ranged skills, i read about Templar and Sorcerer and still cannot decide which class to pick. I am between templar with bow/support or Sorcerer. I like usually something that deal ok damage but can support also the team or stay alive.

1) the only class that can heal is Templar, right? (I like supporter classes and healers)
2)Is Templar a good option for ranged combat?
3) Can I change class later on if I am not satisfied with my class?
4) Another good class for ranged is?
sorry about my english. I swear I try my best :dizzy_face:
  • TuterKing
    TuterKing
    ✭✭
    1) All classes can heal if you use a restoration staff.

2) Yes when I played it seemed that or sorcerer is best for range set, just remember you will eventually want to add another type of weapon at lvl 15

3) No you will need to make a new guy

4) They all can work but when I played it seemed sorc seemed to do the best oddly. Also shadow guy is more for stealth melee and not really range so I would avoid that. Just remember once again you will have option to use another weapon at lvl 15 so its good to do both range and melee.

Basically if you want to be all power type guy go with sorc. If you want to also be a healer go with Templar. I feel if you want to do Range/Melee/heals, templar is the best option. If you going to go range/destructive staff go with sorc.
    Edited by TuterKing on 30 March 2014 15:54
    The King is Here!
  • Firmament
    Firmament
    ✭✭
    Thank you! Sorcerer is mainly no supporter, is like pure damage dealer. Need to think about it. I like to help with support skills. Much luck for you :)
  • Taeko
    Taeko
    I haven't played a sorc yet but the templar has a lot of ranged skills that reach a loong distance that compliment bow skills nicely. There's a ranged knock back, a dot, and one that reduces armor and increases ure next attack. I didn;t get a chance to see how bowplar would perform in end game , but I had a lot of fun with it in the lower levels.
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firm, templars can offheal/mainheal, do decent damage, and play support role in group(few group buffs like +dmg for group), create auras to decrease inc dmg. If you want support/offhealer with good ranged, templar will be your best choice.

Played mine in all betas to lvl 34, very happy with it, rolled 1 now as well. If that helps, i have played captain in LOTRO for 6 years, and for me it feels very similar.
  • Lazarus_Long
    Lazarus_Long
    ✭✭✭
    I play a Sorc Healer and I love it. Class skills (except for Sorc) scale off your stamina. The Restoration Staff and Sorc skills scale off of your magicka. PvE I have one summon, two DoT's and two heals on my bar. My heals can also restore magicka and stamina. In PvP I drop the summon and one DoT to add a Support skill and another heal. Don't forget, at lvl 15 you can add a second weapon slot that comes with it's own skill bar. You can then switch between the two. I like to keep the same skills on each but that will change in time.

Edit for clarification.
    Edited by Lazarus_Long on 30 March 2014 17:41
    The List For Living - A guide for new or troubled players

Hey Jute, get in my bag
    Take a lag spike and make it better
    Remember to let research play its part
    Then you can start to make a sweater

The Bohemian Auction House
  • Fexelea
    Fexelea
    ✭✭✭
    Mortuum wrote: »
    Firm, templars can offheal/mainheal, do decent damage, and play support role in group(few group buffs like +dmg for group), create auras to decrease inc dmg. If you want support/offhealer with good ranged, templar will be your best choice.

Played mine in all betas to lvl 34, very happy with it, rolled 1 now as well. If that helps, i have played captain in LOTRO for 6 years, and for me it feels very similar.

Ahaha Cas was saying the same thing about the templar after playing a lotro captain for that long
    ! Certainly looks like an interesting class. I believe it's the only class that can heal without the staff correct? Seems AOE focused as well.
    Join the fan-powered community wiki for Elder Scrolls Online.
    https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Elder+Scrolls+Online+Wiki. All Eso Sets
    or check out the Dark Souls Wiki. We also have a Sekiro Wiki Bloodborne Wiki, Elden Ring Wiki and Dark Souls 3 Wiki

• Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes templar is only class which can heal using any weapon, as he has heals as separate skill line, not weapon skill. And yes again, quite few skills are HOTs or have HOT component.

Yea im gonna play mine like lotro captain;p Offheal/buff/debuff/offtank/dont care about dps;p Lot of fun for those who like hybrid classes and being able to do few things at same time:)
  • Drakanwulf
    Drakanwulf
    ✭✭
    Properly geared, a sword and board wielding Templar can be an effective defensive tank as many of his spells morph into some significant aggro generating AOE attacks and/or heals. At least that's the way I have built my Ebonheart Imperial character ... :)
    Edited by Drakanwulf on 30 March 2014 18:40
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    Fexelea wrote: »

Ahaha Cas was saying the same thing about the templar after playing a lotro captain for that long
    ! Certainly looks like an interesting class. I believe it's the only class that can heal without the staff correct? Seems AOE focused as well.

I played a Captain in Lotro for a long long time. Was by far my favorite class. Templar appears to have the same-ish skill set. Looking forward to playing mine today :)

Cas
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes same Cas, as said, 6 years hardcore PVE raiding and Ettens. And templar really feels similar, im only missing buffing random/low level players, was always fun...Or giving unwanted buffs to those who annoyed us ;p

Whats actually is different, is the fact that templar has very nice DPS, so no more 10 min fights with 1 mob hehe. Have fun with your holy knight mate :) !
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    Yes same Cas, as said, 6 years hardcore PVE raiding and Ettens. And templar really feels similar, im only missing buffing random/low level players, was always fun...Or giving unwanted buffs to those who annoyed us ;p

Whats actually is different, is the fact that templar has very nice DPS, so no more 10 min fights with 1 mob hehe. Have fun with your holy knight mate :) !
    Focus buff FTW!

Cas
  • Firmament
    Firmament
    ✭✭
    Thank you all for the answers! I can have now a good idea about :)
  • Mortuum
    Mortuum
    ✭✭✭✭
    Focus had it official name changed to ''Look what have you done nuubcake, leaf of shame'' on our server;p...

Wondering how many ex-captains are templars now, i know about 9 and thats only my server/alliance/kin. All very happy now as well, found what they issed so much, same as i did.

Glad we could help Firm, have fun with templar :)

• Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    Focus had it official name changed to ''Look what have you done nuubcake, leaf of shame'' on our server;p...

Wondering how many ex-captains are templars now, i know about 9 and thats only my server/alliance/kin. All very happy now as well, found what they issed so much, same as i did.

Glad we could help Firm, have fun with templar :)

Haha. Def. The trolling we Captains did with the unranked Focus buff. Glad to hear they are enjoying their new home as I am. Hope to see you out there :smiley:

Cas