Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One day into the Official Birth of ESO! Thoughts?

DV_Cypher
DV_Cypher
We're officially through the first day of ESO and I personally am enjoying the hell out of this game! For a game of this magnitude I think there are shockingly few glitches, the servers are running pretty well, and the game feels really polished! Could just be fan boy syndrome, but I think Bethesda and Zenimax have hit it out of the park so far!

What are other people's thoughts on the game so far? Positive or Negative?
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Albert Einstein
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts are positive and I *** love this game.
  • spinedoc
    spinedoc
    ✭✭✭
    Thought the game ran VERY well yesterday. I didn't get kicked off at all, never had an issue reconnecting, didn't encounter anyquest bugs or glitches. Very nice launch, probably the smoothest I've seen and I've played just about every MMO.
  • DrAmoveo
    DrAmoveo
    I wont lie, I have to say the game looks beautiful! i am running everything on high and i have to say the visuals are great!

That being said there are a few bugs that are irritating (pertaining to bugged quests and sometimes not being able to log in) but its very little lag and the game looks to be promising from here on out.

I will certainly be playing this for years to come!

a good 8/10 for me (at least for the time being)

DV_Cypher wrote: »
    Could just be fan boy syndrome, but I think Bethesda and Zenimax have hit it out of the park so far!
    It could be for me too butttt i agree!
    Edited by DrAmoveo on 31 March 2014 14:57
    DrAmoveo_zps97ad891e.jpg
  • Nadrak
    Nadrak
    I am not an ESO fanatic, more an RPG one. I discovered this franchise with Oblivion and I liked it.
    I like this MMO so far, everything on max from EU is smooth, but a few times when monsters "teleport" in combat.
    I am only 8.lvl, but I like to explore every piece of land and turn over every stone.
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad everyone's enjoying it so far. Everyone has to make their own mind up and not read too much into 3rd party reviews/opinions. I for one am also enjoying this game a great deal and I envisage being here for quite a while.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Played all day yesterday, on all three factions, mostly on the first islands. The game has run surprisingly smooth, and I haven't felt crowded at all in quests so far. (I was even able to sneak through some of them.)

I encountered the lack of facial zoom on my first character creation, but each character after has not had this problem. Every other bug I have encounter has been mainly cosmetic, some of it audio, but nothing game breaking. I experience a bout of horse dismounting, but it was short lived.

Overall my experience has been positive, and I've even been able to help some players out.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Pleasantly surprised. Very few technical issues, especially for an MMO launch. I have to admit, I was worried after the last beta weekend.

All in all, having a wonderful time!
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very happy with the game. My only requests are the following two points:
    1. Start characters on starter island; with the choice to leave if they choose (instead of the inverse which is the way it is now).
    2. Bind bonus/premium content to a user's account and not their characters.

Everything has been pretty good so far; the game launch has been smooth. I haven't had any technical issues and I'll be recommending this to my friends.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Seer
    Seer
    ✭✭
    Progression blocking mission bugs are pushing me to the edge. If I dont hear from zenimax by the end of today I probably wont play beyond month 1. They need to make the correct decision when sorting their priorities.

Edit: I bought this game to play it, not log out and log back in for 2 hours
    Edited by Seer on 31 March 2014 15:32
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seer wrote: »
    Progression blocking mission bugs are pushing me to the edge. If I dont hear from zenimax by the end of today I probably wont play beyond month 1. They need to make the correct decision when sorting their priorities.

I haven't run in to anything like that yet; have you tried asking on the forums to see if there is a work around?
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • tallenn
    tallenn
    ✭✭✭
    Odd- I'm not seeing many quest stoppers at all. They were everywhere in the last beta weekend, but every quest I've tried has completed flawlessly so far.

I had an issue with not being able to use a Mundus stone, and at first I couldn't zoom to my character's face in character creation (working now), but those are seriously the only two bugs I've experienced so far, and like I said, the game was riddled with bugs two weeks ago.
  • Nate
    Nate
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had a single issue so far. That's damn near unheard of for an MMO launch. Very impressed by Zenimax at this point.

9/10. Would play again.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gedalya wrote: »
    1. Start characters on starter island; with the choice to leave if they choose (instead of the inverse which is the way it is now).
    2. Bind bonus/premium content to a user's account and not their characters.
    You know, I think I may have changed my position on the the first one there. By dropping players on the first major city in a large zone, it leaves the "starter' islands a lot less crowded and the questing more enjoyable there.

Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Inversus
    Inversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thought is: "I really wish I'd bought 5 day early access..."
    VR14 EH Sorc
    VR1 AD NB Crafter
  • daneyulebub17_ESO
    daneyulebub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving it so far--very little in the way of bugs

I'm very happy with the hard decisions the developers have made to not cater to those that would turn this game into another cookie cutter free to play click through of a game:

Here's some of the great things I hope never change:

-- No global AH. It means the economy won't get so borked and people may have to actually interact and haggle somewhat like in an actual MMO instead of just playing the faceless "AH" mini-game that so many MMOs turn into. No AH limits gold farmers and curbs the silly inflation that screws over newbies.

-- Subscription only. PLEASE never go Free to Play! Micro transactions kill games--I would pay double or triple to keep those out, and the constant buy-buy-buy mentality. Also hate the inevitable pay to win items, and the influx of 12 year-olds and short termers that F2P brings, too.

- No minimap! So people actually have to be aware of the landscape and use their brains to find things rather then just run to a blinking icon.

- Death that hurts a bit instead of being completely trivial. Though as far as I'm concerned, it should hurt even more--add some tension and excitement to the game, rather than just a minor inconvenience.

Those kind of decisions generate a lot of crying from the casual Free to Play types, and I'm sure they'll get constant pressure to dumb things down, but they are what make an MMO actually fun and challenging for the long term.

It would be nice to have ONE MMO resist the "make it easier, easier, easier" drumbeat and no turn into a lowest common denominator, boring, low-stakes mess.
    This message confirms that you have successfully cancelled your subscription to The Elder Scrolls Online. You will no longer be charged for a subscription on a recurring basis, and your access to the game will expire at the end of your current subscription cycle.

We're sad to see you go now, but we'll be happy to welcome you back at any time! Whenever you're ready to come back, your characters will be waiting for you, just like you left them. You can return anytime by resubscribing on the Manage Subscription page on your Elder Scrolls Online account.

Please print this email and keep it for your records.
  • Fahstolph
    Fahstolph
    ✭✭
    Progression blocking mission bugs are pushing me to the edge. If I don't hear from zenimax by the end of today I probably wont play beyond month 1. They need to make the correct decision when sorting their priorities.

I haven't run in to anything like that yet; have you tried asking on the forums to see if there is a work around?

Unfortunately the work around is like he said, logging off and on until you get an instance that works. I agree that is a pretty annoying bug and needs to get fixed asap, but to me it's not a deal breaker. I also did have the issue with my horse too. Could not dismount. Had to log off then log back in.

Though overall I am VERY pleased with this game. This game has some of the best and most enjoyable quest that I have ever done in an MMO. I am notorious for not reading quest in other games. Most MMOs just have horribly boring quest, at least in my opinion, but these ESO quest are very entertaining. Good job Zenimax /Bethesda!
    One does not simply get EXP in Cyrodiil.
    -Boromir of Gondor3
  • Grace_Selah
    I wasn't certain about this game after playing Beta, but I purchased it anyway - I just love the ESO world. Then I played through the beginning island. WOW. :-) It feels epic, even though it's an MMO - yet the immersion is not broken because of the 'epicness'. I love it. Thank you
  • Pang
    Pang
    ✭✭✭✭
    Overall the game is quite stable. There are some issues with the phasing and NPCs being invisible in high traffic areas but other than that I am very impressed.
  • Seagonius
    Seagonius
    Hit a progress blocker last night that's quite frustrating, but over all the game is in remarkably good shape for day one.
  • Seer
    Seer
    ✭✭

The Bloodthorn Assassins quest is bugged for a lot of players. I have submitted bug report and tried to get help, tried every single suggestions made by both the customer service and the players on the forum. Nothing worked. And the only response from ZSO is 'have you submitted a /bug report?'... really! If it was a single mission I'd not care. but its part of the story quest chain in Glenumbra. And now I can't do anything else because I am on the verge of out leveling it. I collected all the sky shards. Collected mats for a while. Now I am just logging in and out hoping I will magically get in a phase where the quest is not bugged. And all the devs can say is 'be sure to submit a bug report'.... sigh.