Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

best build for templar???

kristianvon
hello!
just want to ask what is the best build for a templar?
i havent distributed any skill becasue i dont want to make any mistake. and also the weapon of advice and skill distribution? thanks for the help!
  • Vistrix
    Vistrix
    There is no best build... what would be the point of having a choice if there was?

Depends on how you want to play!
  • kristianvon
    i want the battle type
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no best build, at least not yet. May I suggest you read up on some quality fan sites out there like Reddit or
    http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/classes/templar-class/ and get to grips with the class. The Templar has the potential to be healer, DPS or tank. The skill system works in a way that also promotes hybrids so go for gold.

Good luck with it :)
  • jmido8
    jmido8
    ✭✭✭
    The game is too new for people to know best builds. It would also depend on what type of templar you wanted to make (single target healer, group healer, combat templar, ect).

Anyway, you can respect skill points so don't worry too much about it, try whatever you like and if it doesn't feel good, then respect and try something else.
  • kristianvon
    maybe i will go the dps! is there a skill tree for the dps?
  • kristianvon
    yah. your right it is a new game. i remember i play wow and they already have lots of build for every class. guys if you have any info about this just post a comment. thanks!
  • Yasha
    Yasha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar is good with bow or melee weapon.

For a bow wielding build take the Templar skill sun fire and morph it to reflective light (aoe snare and strong dot).

Take bow skill poison arrow, and work toward getting scatter shot.

Rotation is stealth, heavy bow attack, poison arrow, reflective light, heavy/light bow attacks while kiting. They should be moving slow due to the snare so you can also put a volley (bow skill) on them if its more than one mob. Everything should die before it reaches you.

Also take puncturing strikes so you can level up the Spear trait line and rushed ceremony to level up the heal line, you won't need to use these skills much but you need them on your hotbar so you can level up the skill line and get better skills later.

For melee I like sword and shield best, but at low levels you don't have access to a charge for a while with that weapon so go two-handed.

Get two handed skill critical charge and cleave morphed to brawler. Again get reflective light and also get solar flare morphed to solar barrage. Get the heal just in case, and work toward getting uppercut in the two-handed line.

Rotation is reflective light- let them eat the dot a bit, critical charge, solar barrage, cleave (brawler). If its against a single target, you could back off a bit and charge again instead of brawler (more damage). Or do a heavy attack (next attack after solar barrage gets +50 power).

That's just a starter build- you will need to put skill points in passives and so on when as you level. BTW get the ultimate Nova when it is unlocked.