Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remake character and keep the name?

MissAnna
MissAnna
Hello. I was wanting to remake a character I have and keep the name. So...

1. Is there a 'restart' option to safely keep the name?
2. Or if not, and assuming I'm fast enough, *can* I reclaim the name I had? Or would the name be permanently closed off from the system once deleted?

Thank you for reading.
  • MissAnna
    MissAnna
    Oh derp, I just noticed I could create a new character to test this out with...

Well, for those who are wondering, I haven't found a safe 'restart' option, but you can create, delete, and create a new character using the same name.

Good luck. :)
  • Viryn
    Viryn
    Yeah, I deleted my first guy yesterday because I didn't like some of the decisions I made with his looks. If you delete and then immediately remake you'll keep the name. It doesn't put any holds or anything on the name.
  • Vistrix
    Vistrix
    @redshan68_ESO had a good guide on how to claim your name and create your character without being rushed:

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/493710/#Comment_493710
  • Thybrinena
    Thybrinena
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just a tip :)

Create character with the name you want. Might want to pick the faction (Daggerfall Covenant), not sure if names are unique outside of faction. Class, race, look doesn't matter, just as quickly as possible to reserve the name.

2) Log out to character select and create a new character with the race/class/look you want. Take your time.

3) Lock all sliders in place once you're happy with everything.

4) Go back to character select without finishing.

5) Delete the first character you made (that has the name you want).

6) Click create character, double check it's the right class/race/faction. All sliders for looks should still be locked just as you want them.

7) Just type in the name of the character you just deleted and finish.