The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Planks sticking out of floor clipping through carpet

StormHUN
StormHUN
So I spent a lot of time to farm fro the Rawlk'kha house... then when I wanted to place some carpets on the porch I had to realize that the designers thought to add extra realism by making the floor broken. Several planks are sticking out, and they clip through the carpets.

If I make the carpet flow high enough to not have planks coming through it, then my character sinks into it and his whole feet is below the carpet.

org040xl5vwd.png

For 335k this is a pretty small house with small garden, why make it even worse by such things? Why does it have to be run-down?

Please, remove those stupid planks, are at least make them furnishing objects so I can remove them...
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This issue can be seen in many houses, even the most expensive ones. Since Zenimax treats housing like a stepchild it will continue to be an issue for a long time at least.
    Options
  • StormHUN
    StormHUN
    Generally I appreciate that they make things imperfect so they feel real and not artificial, sterile...

But this thing was surely not thought through.

I had 335k gold for that house but cannot afford to hire a carpenter to fix it, or maybe use my LvL 50 Woodworking skill for once? :D
    Options
  • wendal
    wendal
    ✭✭✭
    I have floorboards in my house that refuse to stay down, one of the downsides of having a house that's over 100 years old!
    Perhaps you need someone that lays carpets not a woodworker!! Hmm a carpeter, I think they call them? There was a very famous one born sometime this month in fact... but that's a story for another time.
    Maybe you could just use the raised position for the moment and just pretend your rug is a luxurious shagpile!
    Alternatively as a work around you could try flipping a couple of the daedric platforms, but there's a big chance they'll be the wrong size and also might poke out too far the other side :)
    Edited by wendal on 6 December 2017 18:40
    Options
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This happens in the Coven Cottage as well - the stones are uneven and clip through the carpets. I just put a plant over the clipped part - but still annoying.
    Options
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    At the very least let the rug fall naturally over the ground, so if the rug was over a step, or bumps, it would be reflected in the texturing of the rug
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This happens in a lot of homes and is very annoying.
    Options
  • StormHUN
    StormHUN
    And I thought it's only this house being a run-down one. This is seriously disappointing.

How can we get some developer attention on this problem? Is there any way other than making a bugticket?

P.s.: I worked around it by spending 30 minutes placing and aligning some planks over the floor to put the carpets on... BONUS: The planks have sticking out parts to!!!! Because **** you that's why.
    Options
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    House of the Silent Magnifico thas the same issue - lovely redguard carpets everywhere, with little tiles popping through in the middle. I've tried floating the carpets about them, but it just looks.... floaty. :/
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on 9 December 2017 19:47
    Options
  • StormHUN
    StormHUN
    Placing something large and flat sunk into the ground is the best workaround, but you need carpet the entire floor then. So it sucks either way.

I guess the random flower pot etc. works if it's just a stone, but with long planks that's hopeless.

I wonder if the person building the homes ever tried to actually furnish them? :/
    Options
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another option is to place a wide plank over the top of the area you want your carpet, then flip it upside down and lower it.
    This will create an invisible "flat" surface area that you can place the carpet flat upon, and will be unnoticed if its at the right height.
    Options
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are too many houses with broken flooring that would be great for NPC homes but that if I bought them I would *fix*. I don't leave stuff broken in my real house, why would I leave stuff broken in a fantasy house? Floorboards sticking up like that are a good way to break your face. Worse on a balcony, they're a good way to trip and fall off and break your neck. Flavor schmavor, how about let us add our OWN crooked boards if we want to look like we're living in slum tenements? Fix the dang floorboards, ZOS.
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    There are too many houses with broken flooring that would be great for NPC homes but that if I bought them I would *fix*. I don't leave stuff broken in my real house, why would I leave stuff broken in a fantasy house? Floorboards sticking up like that are a good way to break your face. Worse on a balcony, they're a good way to trip and fall off and break your neck. Flavor schmavor, how about let us add our OWN crooked boards if we want to look like we're living in slum tenements? Fix the dang floorboards, ZOS.

And while they are at it they need to go to Autumn's-Gate and mow the lawn. Or at the very least make it so when I set a big rock on the grass it squooshes the grass down instead of the grass sticking through it.

Better yet remove all the grass, set the yard up in a grid and let me have choices on how to fill each square of that grid.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This was noted way back when homestead was on PTS. ZOS just don't seem to listen or care about Homestead. Yet they expect players to pay these incredible prices for badly constructed homes and componenents. How long have we been waiting for better quality planks?
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
    Options
  • StormHUN
    StormHUN
    This is really disappointing.
    Options