Enlightenment - How It Works

• jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno this 12 day thing is account wide or per character?

Nevermind, I answered my own question (account wide).
    Options
  • derek.simon00ub17_ESO

Would also like to know this

Options
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would also like to know this

Like I said, its account wide. So you spent all your enlightenment in one character, the other one will not have any.
    Edited by jcaceresw on 2 April 2015 15:54
    Options
  • charriss1rwb17_ESO
    I have not received any enlightement since hitting VR1 a week ago. I am almost VR3 now. My leveling friend is only VR1 and has twice the amount of CP as me. Anyone else having this issue? Have any dev's commented on this?
    Options
  • Takhistis
    Takhistis
    ✭✭✭
    Same question as above:
    I hit VR1 Friday evening. It was my very first VR char ever (first ESO char ever even) Created it about a month or a bit longer ago
    on saturday I had 4 CP's and was still enlightened... WUT?
    NA-DC-NB VR1 Ilythrian
    Proud member of Guild Medieval, More Than Fair, The Angry Unicorn Inn
    Options
  • wrathofrraath
    wrathofrraath
    ✭✭✭
    My concern is that weren't we supposed to accumulate enlightenment from playing a non vet character to compensate for not playing our vet character ? I started a new alt and don't feel inclined to level that new char because id fall behind on my progression in the CS.
    Vokul Lovaas - V16 Magicka Dragonknight
    Vokul Vol - V16 Magicka Nightblade

Order of Mundus - NA DC

DK heals OP
    Options
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    bottom line is that i'm forever enlighted :wink: . i reached v1 about 2 months ago, i play every day at least 1-2 hrs, and for 2 months now i'm always getting the enlightment message, i got already more than 13 cp and i'm at v2.
    as much as i tried to understand the explanation above from gina..it's just too complicated ..
    i just want to know: is it normal that game always show me enlighted ?

Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you @kodo have saved up more Enligtenment (max 12 CP worth) than you earn during those hours, as in 1 CP in average per day, then you'll stay enlightened all the time. At a rate of 13 CP per 2 months you'll never run out.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    If you @kodo have saved up more Enligtenment (max 12 CP worth) than you earn during those hours, as in 1 CP in average per day, then you'll stay enlightened all the time. At a rate of 13 CP per 2 months you'll never run out.

what do u mean saved? btw i checked today, i already used 19 cp and i'm still v2.
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kodo wrote: »

what do u mean saved? btw i checked today, i already used 19 cp and i'm still v2.

You earn 1 CP worth of Enlightenment each day. You can save up as much as 12 days worth of Enlightenment, equalling 12CP maximum. If you earn less than a CP a day, your pool of Enlightenment will fill up to its limit and will sit there until you start earning more than 1CP a day.

You've earned 19 CP in 2 months and thus are not depleting your pool of 12 CP, which makes it seem to you to be constantly enlightened. However, if you set down and ground all day and earned those 12 CP in a row, your pool would be depleted and you not enlightened anymore.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • kodo
    kodo
    ✭✭
    thanx , got it .
    Options
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great change, I just noticed coming back to the game now that I still got my buff after hours of playing :)
    Options
  • alaiham2002
    Sharee wrote: »
    12 days, hmm? It seems i have wasted less enlightment by playing a non-vet alt than i thought, that's good :)

me yoo :p
    Options
  • alaiham2002
    Domander wrote: »
    well, at 1 point a day it'll only take 10 years to reach the cap :P ... which is ok. I wonder how long it will actually be before players are at 3600.

:D
    Options
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh.. really? This is for non-subs also.. A belated thanks for another kick in the teeth ZoS.

article-2240310-164421EB000005DC-940_634x423.jpg
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
    Options
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone!

We've been seeing a lot of confusion over Enlightenment and how the system works, so we wanted to explain it a bit more thoroughly for you. In simplest terms, Enlightenment is a bonus for the XP you earn while playing that counts toward your Champion Point progression.

Every 24 hours, you receive enough Enlightenment to earn one Champion Point at the rate of 100,000XP per Point; after your Enlightenment is used up, you will return to requiring 400,000XP to earn a Champion Point. The 24 hour timer starts when you log in with your first Veteran character or unlock the Champion System, whichever is first, and resets every 24 hours after it first starts. You will receive a message on your screen that you are Enlightened, and you can also hover over your XP bar to see if you are Enlightened.

If you end up not using up all your Enlightenment while you play, it will continue to accrue for a maximum of 12 days. Once you hit the limit, you will not gain any additional Enlightenment until you begin to use it by gaining XP.

In addition, there were a number of issues with Enlightenment when it was first introduced, and have since been fixed as of patch 2.0.1. Below is what we addressed:
    • Fixed an issue where logging in with an existing unconverted character for the first time could restart the enlightenment process, once the process had begun.
    • Fixed an issue where it would appear as though a new character was accruing enlightenment.
    • Fixed an issue where it would appear as though you had gained a Champion Point, but were not able to use it.
      • Note: This was due to a desyncing issue, and you did not lose out on any earned Enlightenment or Champion Points.
    • Fixed an issue where it would appear as though you were Enlightened and progressing through the Champion System faster than you actually were.

We hope this helps, and let us know if you have any further questions!

awesome!!!
    Options
  • ettavolt
    ettavolt
    ✭✭
    umm.. I get my Champion Point in about 2 hours running 2 dungeons and some PvP. Not hard to do really and doesnt require this "speed" running you mention.

Yes. And from my experience, gallon of enlightenment is easily used up with two dungeons (for Undaunted pledges), exp from pledge quests and writs.
    Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mängelliste (Fortsetzung)...
    Hi everyone!

We've been seeing a lot of confusion over Enlightenment and how the system works, so we wanted to explain it a bit more thoroughly for you. In simplest terms, Enlightenment is a bonus for the XP you earn while playing that counts toward your Champion Point progression.

Every 24 hours, you receive enough Enlightenment to earn one Champion Point at the rate of 100,000XP per Point; after your Enlightenment is used up, you will return to requiring 400,000XP to earn a Champion Point. The 24 hour timer starts when you log in with your first Veteran character or unlock the Champion System, whichever is first, and resets every 24 hours after it first starts. You will receive a message on your screen that you are Enlightened, and you can also hover over your XP bar to see if you are Enlightened.

If you end up not using up all your Enlightenment while you play, it will continue to accrue for a maximum of 12 days. Once you hit the limit, you will not gain any additional Enlightenment until you begin to use it by gaining XP.

In addition, there were a number of issues with Enlightenment when it was first introduced, and have since been fixed as of patch 2.0.1. Below is what we addressed:
    • Fixed an issue where logging in with an existing unconverted character for the first time could restart the enlightenment process, once the process had begun.
    • Fixed an issue where it would appear as though a new character was accruing enlightenment.
    • Fixed an issue where it would appear as though you had gained a Champion Point, but were not able to use it.
      • Note: This was due to a desyncing issue, and you did not lose out on any earned Enlightenment or Champion Points.
    • Fixed an issue where it would appear as though you were Enlightened and progressing through the Champion System faster than you actually were.

We hope this helps, and let us know if you have any further questions!

- Nach wie vor ungefixed, meine Lowlevel bekommen angeblich für jedes Handwerksdaily enlightment (1-2k je eingereichter daily).

Einige Stellen in der IC sind fehlerhaft, wenn man im Schleichmodus unterwegs ist. D.H. man wird als "detected" deklariert obwohl weit und breit Niemand ist, der einen gesehen haben könnte. - Dies gilt zudem für Gebäude in der IC nachdem man die dortigen Mobs erledigt hat.

Nicht ganz sicher ob das wirklich ein Mangel ist, aber meiner Erfahrung nach ist es schlichtweg unmöglich einen Treasure-scamp zu killen. Das Mistvieh portet sich vorher nämlich einfach weg. Ich habe mehrfach das zweifelhafte Vergnügen gehabt, daß dieser besondere Scamp genau vor meiner Nase erscheint. Zeitunabhängig verschwindet er sobald er nurnoch 1/3 Leben hat. Das zugehörige Achievement ist mMn nicht machbar.

... Fortsetzung folgt...

PS zur Off-topic Diskussion oben: Ich finde die Idee einer Mängelliste gut. Mag sein daß manch einer einen negativen Eindruck ob der Fülle der Mängel erhält. Andererseits sieht man auch ganz deutlich, daß es sich wirklich lediglich um Mängel handelt... ärgerliche Kleinigkeiten, nichts weiter. Gleichzeitig gibt die Liste endlich eine gesammelte Übersicht... gerade für Neueinsteiger bedeutet das, daß sie sich zum einen schnell und effektiv informieren können und für ALLE gibt es den Vorteil, daß das Forum nicht mit: "F**** euch Zeni, bla bla funktioniert nicht und ich bin deshalb gestorben. Euer Spiel ist sch****" - Themen überflutet wird.

Ich würde sagen win/win Situation für alle Beteiligten. ;)

Options
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrong thread, sry.
    Options
  • Locriana
    Locriana
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please break this down in a more practical way for me? I have three champion characters. I also have bag holders I log in with from time to time. Does it matter which char I log on with -- in other words, will enlightenment accrue the same regardless who i play? Also, how many champ points does one have to earn before enlightenment occurs? (Or how much xp). I ask this question because it SEEMS as though this is what is being described....or....not.

Does it matter if you log in or not? Because on one hand, this explanation seems to be saying it doesn't matter, that somehow something stores up when you don't log in. On the other hand, the same explanation seems to be saying that one has to earn XP in order to accrue enlightenment. Both can't be true, so please help me out here...
    Options
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my characters are still under level 50 (after 2.5 years of playing!) ... so in the words of the great Van Morrison, "Enlightenment, don't know what it is..."
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
    Options
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok the updated version (Has been Necroed but mostly still valid unless Gina and co like to make a new version)
    Enlightenment and CP are now per account rather than per char.
    Thus any chars that are level 50 can use up the pool of enlightenment.
    Enlightenment is 400k per day (to a max of 14 days - got up to 4,8million xp in enlightenment after one long break) (have seen some say its 12 days).
    Your chars under lvl 50 don't use enlightenment and if you don't have any lvl 50 chars you wont get any enlightenment.

Hope this helps.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno,

Will ZOS be incorporating a similar feature for "additional characters" created after reaching CP on other characters any time soon? Honestly, the process to level additional characters after playing through quest lines, grinding, etc. is redundant and frustrating. More specifically, having to re-level difficult skills lines such as Mage's Guild and Mounts per character is excessive...

If mounts are carried account-wide, why can't the leveling also carry account-wide? Mage's guild skill line could definitely use an alternative method to level up as well.

An XP bonus to players who have already completed the Main Story and Main Faction Quest Line on a Primary Character should be awarded. Don't get me wrong, I understand the concept of leveling multiple characters. However, to not get any additional bonus for already completing previous play through is daunting.

Thank you!
    Options