Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

PS4 Pro set to 4k or Automatic

Riplaekic
Riplaekic
Old news, but you have to set your console to 1080p mode to keep this game from crashing constantly in busy areas on a PS4 pro. Any reason mods or Zenimax staff never comment on these threads? Any fixes incoming? Imagine how bad this will be the week Morrowind releases, and realize ignoring this now will only make it worse later. Get a developer to see why the pro cannot handle busy scenes!
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, turned it to 1080 it still crashes in high traffic areas like Craglorn and deshan, etc. at least better then 4k crashes everywhere every 15min.
    They promised what 4k on PS4 pro, it's false advertising, should be sued.
    It's really trickery and lying for their money making scheme.
    Don't promise what you can't deliver, you are just like trashy no man's sky.
    Don't get tricked again and again people.
    Pc na
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've contacted support and tagged devs. They aren't saying much. Tagged devs don't respond and support still says they are investigating the issue. Sounds suspiciously like they aren't doing anything.I am putting spending on hold until it's fixed.

I asked support if this will be fixed before Morrowind and they responded that they can't discuss fixes or patches. It leaves me feeling that they intend to only claim to support the Pro.
  • Riplaekic
    Riplaekic
    I've found that loading in at 4k and then setting your console to 1080p while the game is minimized has solved my crashing thus far tonight. I literally could not enter Orsinium before I made this change. And I'm not talking about the enhanced 1080p mode in the game, I'm talking about the global setting on the console itself.

Btw, my graphics stayed at 4k after setting the screen to 1080p while the game was minimized.
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riplaekic wrote: »
    I've found that loading in at 4k and then setting your console to 1080p while the game is minimized has solved my crashing thus far tonight. I literally could not enter Orsinium before I made this change. And I'm not talking about the enhanced 1080p mode in the game, I'm talking about the global setting on the console itself.

Btw, my graphics stayed at 4k after setting the screen to 1080p while the game was minimized.

No your graphic is not 4k, just HDR, HDR on normal PS4 looks like that already. When you turn on 4k, you'll see the sharp difference on a 4K HDR TV.
    Pc na
  • Riplaekic
    Riplaekic
    I'm sitting here looking at my screen...in full 4k :) If you load the game initially in 4k and switch the system to 1080p the game does not change at all. You can check this by looking in your system settings and by the sharp lack of shimmering in the image compared to the normal 1080p screen.

But thanks for the attempt to know it all :)
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I changed it to 1080, I can tell the graphics not as sharp and detailed as 4k.
    Pc na