Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Morrowind - Digital/Physical Edition worries

lillybit
lillybit
✭✭✭✭✭
I currently play using a disc. You can't get the physical copy of the Collectors Edition without all the bells and whistles (which I'm not really interested in but I really want that warhorse!) so the digital version works out £25 cheaper in the UK.

It won't let me get the upgrade version so it seems like it sees digital and physical as different games. This makes me worried that if I get that I won't be able to play it with my current account. I know with the Gold edition they were saying you couldn't use the full game with an existing account and had to buy the DLC pack in the Crownstore.

Has anyone else gone from physical to digital ok? Can you delete the existing game data, install the digital game and sign in with your existing account? Can anyone confirm this works ok?

Really want to pre-order but don't want to lose money getting the wrong thing
PS4 EU
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    We keep getting the message we cant buy digital upgrade as we dont own eso. We have discs and didnt really want to pay extra for the full game again.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I get, pretty sure you can only upgrade the digital game.

I don't mind buying the full game again, which is just as well as this seems to be the only option on ps4 if you don't already have the digital version. I'd just rather not buy it on disc as it's so much more. At least if I go digital I can then go for upgrades with future Chapters.

I'll buy the physical game rather than losing all my progress tho so hopefully someone will let me know if it's safe to go ahead with digital :smile:
    PS4 EU
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    It seems a bit of an oversight that we cant just upgrade becaise we bought physical copies.
    Im a little bit annoyed atm as we have two ps4's so buying brand new copies will be pricey.
  • Quickey
    Quickey
    Same for me, I own a physical copy of the gold edition and can't buy an upgrade. Pretty annoying

I'm worried about the fact that if I buy the collecters edition for 80€, I loose all my dlc
    I think you only get the standard edition of Tamriel Unlimited without dlc

All I want is to be able to buy the collectors edition upgrade for a physical copy which should be available
    I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with this opinion
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    I was able to buy the digital collector upgrade and I own a disc from back when it launched. Though I did buy it through the ps store on my phone.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Ill try again in a little while to see if its changed and we can get it now.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know, it's rubbish but I suspect it's the way the console works that's to blame just for a change!

I have a tiny sliver of hope that if I have to get a Morrowind disc, Morrowind will be part of that disc and be playable on any account like the base game, not just an included code. Otherwise why can't we just get the code/upgrade?
    PS4 EU
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toomdad wrote: »
    I was able to buy the digital collector upgrade and I own a disc from back when it launched. Though I did buy it through the ps store on my phone.

I tried the ps store on my phone too but no joy. It's good to know it's possible tho!

Edit: Are you EU or NA? I'm EU, wondering if that might be the difference
    Edited by lillybit on 1 February 2017 21:08
    PS4 EU
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    I've just tried again aswell. Maybe its a mistake at Sonys end. Hopefully a zos person will be able to give us an answer soon.
  • Quickey
    Quickey
    EU store won't let me buy an upgrade, maybe it works on the NA and it just needs a simple fix for EU players
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Thats what we think. My boyfriend has tweeted PlayStation UK to ask whats up. If i get an answer I'll post for you guys :)
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    Yea I am NA. That's a bummer, good luck.
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Im sure it will get fixed, they have four months to sort it :) i predict 5th June it will be fixed by ;)
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My worry is if they don't get it sorted it'll be too late to be able to buy the physical collectors edition, will probably sell out quick
    PS4 EU
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Thats a very good point. Its only avail at Game aswell in UK.
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nikigwil wrote: »
    Thats a very good point. Its only avail at Game aswell in UK.

Yeah and they did really badly with the Fallout one, loads of people who ordered it didn't get it.
    PS4 EU
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Lol they arent great with pre orders
  • Quickey
    Quickey
    Just checked on xbox store, there you can buy the upgrade so it's probably a mistake from playstation
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think so aswell. Hoping they fix it quickly.
  • Quickey
    Quickey
    I hope so too, too many great extras for pre-orders
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed. Ive emailed PlayStation about it and fingers crossed will get a reply tomorrow
  • Quickey
    Quickey
    I asked about on the FB page, still waiting on a reply
  • Quickey
    Quickey
    I just checked the psstore again and I can now buy the collectors upgrade for 60€, looks like it's fixed
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Ill check in a moment. Been having a heated email exchange with PlayStation support all afternoon :)
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quickey wrote: »
    Same for me, I own a physical copy of the gold edition and can't buy an upgrade. Pretty annoying

I'm worried about the fact that if I buy the collecters edition for 80€, I loose all my dlc
    I think you only get the standard edition of Tamriel Unlimited without dlc

All I want is to be able to buy the collectors edition upgrade for a physical copy which should be available
    I'm pretty sure I'm not alone with this opinion
    You don't loose anything but money for additional copy: all DLC what you bough are linked on ZoS side to your account.

• nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    Its fixed abd available on ps store now.