Maintenance for the week of June 3:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unusual XP, level 50+

abeodesee
abeodesee
I am level 50 cp 147, sometimes the xp is lower than 1k and sometimes higher than 2k for the same mob in cold harbour tower of lies

anyone else experience this ?
  • Toomdad
    Toomdad
    ✭✭✭
    Most likely you're seeing the enlightened bonus, it's the catch up mechanic for cp. Generally around 400k of exp per day. On your character screen you can see any bonus you're getting.
    Options
  • abeodesee
    abeodesee
    i will check, thanks
    Options
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Toomdad wrote: »
    Most likely you're seeing the enlightened bonus, it's the catch up mechanic for cp. Generally around 400k of exp per day. On your character screen you can see any bonus you're getting.

I thought the enlightenment bonus only reduces the total amount of XP required to receive a CP. I don't think it adjusts any actual XP returned from individual kills.

@abeodesee

As for the MOB XP, what are you using to see the XP returned? Is there any chance that the XP display is going so fast that it is combining more than one kill and displaying a total versus an individual kill? I know that happens with my lootdrop addon if I am dropping targets faster than it can keep up.
    Options
  • abeodesee
    abeodesee
    @SpAEkus

currently i have 0 enlightened and the xp is low, i will check in the morning if it goes high

just killing one monster at a time and the default xp pop-up displays
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    I thought the enlightenment bonus only reduces the total amount of XP required to receive a CP. I don't think it adjusts any actual XP returned from individual kills.
    @SpAEkus They changed the way it was displayed when Veteran Ranks were removed (although the underlying process is still technically the same). A good example is a standard Quest at Level 50; without enlightenment, the quest reward is 7485 XP, but with enlightenment, it's 29940.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @SpAEkus They changed the way it was displayed when Veteran Ranks were removed (although the underlying process is still technically the same). A good example is a standard Quest at Level 50; without enlightenment, the quest reward is 7485 XP, but with enlightenment, it's 29940.

Ok Thanks I never knew that it actually did that as well. With Witches starting today I may actually get to CAP by the end woo hoo!

EDIT: I just went back and found the patch notes:
    Anything that normally awards experience will also give your Veteran Ranked characters bonus experience as long as you have not used up your Enlightenment.

This only applies towards Champion Point progression at the Veteran Rank.
    This bonus experience does not apply towards increasing your level, Veteran Rank, or improving any weapon skills.

Based on your example, how do they separate that quest experience to only count against CP and not affect level or skills?
    Edited by SpAEkus on 13 October 2016 12:06
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Ok Thanks I never knew that it actually did that as well. With Witches starting today I may actually get to CAP by the end woo hoo!

EDIT: I just went back and found the patch notes:
    Anything that normally awards experience will also give your Veteran Ranked characters bonus experience as long as you have not used up your Enlightenment.

This only applies towards Champion Point progression at the Veteran Rank.
    This bonus experience does not apply towards increasing your level, Veteran Rank, or improving any weapon skills.
    Based on your example, how do they separate that quest experience to only count against CP and not affect level or skills?
    The base value is still 7485, and that's what will go towards skills (level is irrelevant, as if you're getting XP towards your CPs, you're already at max level), but in the popup it will show 29940, as that's what's going towards your CP.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options