Maintenance for the week of June 3:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance June 5, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Map No Longer Tracks Quests

gamer559
gamer559
✭✭✭
I'm writing this because either I did something or my game is screwing up and not playing properly. The problem I have is that as of a few hours ago my map no longer tracks quests or even shows I have quests in the zone at all. This is something brand new. I will post pictures to show what I'm talking about. Also I noticed that when I go under Setting > Interface > Compass Quest Givers it shows a a message that "this setting only applies when the Quest Givers Indicators setting is enabled. HELP >.<

d2kpjqzi5rjb.png
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    Options
  • djnuzzoub17_ESO
    I'm having the same issue
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Yep, we're aware and should have a fix out for this soon!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Morningstar13

YAY! Thank you!
    Options
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭

Any word yet on when this is going to get fixed and if its going to be a hotfix or regular maintenance fix? This is literally game breaking for me and others that have this problem. The only thing I can do now is gather (gives no exp), get skyshards (great skill points but again no exp), craft (no exp), and search for lorebooks (again no exp) or dungeon on characters who are 10 or higher (which I only have 2 of since I'm a new player and one of them is a dps so the queue time is horrendous).....
    Options
  • pareidolon
    pareidolon
    ✭✭✭
    As far as I'm aware every player has this issue. Quests are still definitely possible to complete, but no location marker will appear until I'm very close to the target (none on the map), and that makes some of the objectives very difficult to find when dialogue directions are lacking.
    Options
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    pareidolon wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware every player has this issue. Quests are still definitely possible to complete, but no location marker will appear until I'm very close to the target (none on the map), and that makes some of the objectives very difficult to find when dialogue directions are lacking.

That's the problem. For those of us new to the game it is impossible to complete quests because indeed they are not marked on the map at all (as shown in the first pictures I posted). I tried doing some delves that had quests in them only to not be able to complete them as well for the same reasons. You don't know where you're going or what you're supposed to do next. My sorcerer is stuck on the main questline because I'm supposed to go around Vulkhel Guard and find 2 people in regards to the Worm Cult. There is no wiki site that shows stuff like this and there's no fan sites like wowhead.com for ESO that I'm aware of that I can go look stuff up for the game.
    Options
  • elvenmad
    elvenmad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still same today post 'fix' patch

Quest and Compass map markers still not showing, at least for me in Coldharbor, just droped main story quest and picked it back up, still not showing, have no idea where to go, questing is not only pointless its impossible
    < PC - EU >
    Options
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    elvenmad wrote: »
    still same today post 'fix' patch

Quest and Compass map markers still not showing, at least for me in Coldharbor, just droped main story quest and picked it back up, still not showing, have no idea where to go, questing is not only pointless its impossible

Im so pathetic for trying again to get into the game!
    Options
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, check your nameplates settings, far to the bottom. There is the option to show quest giver indicators in the first place. I had a similar problem way before this patch, when a screenshot helper addon disabled this option but didn't enable it again. Took me quite some time to find the option in the settings (who looks for this under nameplates?).

I hope this helps in your cases as well. It sounds like it should.
    Edited by feyii on 11 October 2016 13:58
    Options
  • gamer559
    gamer559
    ✭✭✭
    They fixed this problem. Quests are now showing up in the questlog for the map and the quest tracker for the zone actually shows where to go now.
    Options