Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Fear - Fix it!

• Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »
    Morvul wrote: »
    Kas wrote: »
    you only see this happening when feared, because your shield protect you from 50% of proper cc's.
    slightly of topic, but I hear the above quote rather frequently. Did not have a chance to test it myself though.
    Under what conditions, and against which CCs is a shield protecting?

wondering here, because I tend to eat plenty of CCs while having shields up (and shields remaining while CCed). But obviously I'm not sure if every CC that should have hit me actually did so...

I get hit by every CC through my shields. Just typical L2P BS. I wish Shields prevented CC....

Shields used to absorb the stun from Defensive posture, but that was fixed.

Fear, Petrify, Defensive Rune, Stealth Stun, Concealed weapon, defensive Posture...they all hit through shields fine.

I can't speak for the other skills but I just came out of cloak via using surprise attack on a shielded, non blocking, no swirly feet CC immunity sorc and it didn't stun.....this happens most of the time. I haven't tried it with the concealed weapon morph. I wonder if this is intended or a bug?

Perhaps Harness Magicka is bugged (again) I don't know since I don't use it, but I know when I'm fighting a NB spamming cloak + stun since I'm constantly breaking free of the stuns whenever I'm hit and my shields are always refreshed the moment they go into stealth.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morvul wrote: »
    Kas wrote: »
    you only see this happening when feared, because your shield protect you from 50% of proper cc's.
    slightly of topic, but I hear the above quote rather frequently. Did not have a chance to test it myself though.
    Under what conditions, and against which CCs is a shield protecting?

wondering here, because I tend to eat plenty of CCs while having shields up (and shields remaining while CCed). But obviously I'm not sure if every CC that should have hit me actually did so...

I get hit by every CC through my shields. Just typical L2P BS. I wish Shields prevented CC....

Shields used to absorb the stun from Defensive posture, but that was fixed.

Fear, Petrify, Defensive Rune, Stealth Stun, Concealed weapon, defensive Posture...they all hit through shields fine.

I can't speak for the other skills but I just came out of cloak via using surprise attack on a shielded, non blocking, no swirly feet CC immunity sorc and it didn't stun.....this happens most of the time. I haven't tried it with the concealed weapon morph. I wonder if this is intended or a bug?

well because it didnt stun them doesnt mean you cant fear them instantly after and wtf pwn them before they can cc break with some burst.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • AltusVenifus
    AltusVenifus
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely needs a fix... but forest for trees IMO... you hit that dwarven sphere with a heavy attack and and execute and dropped its health to 15% health... nerf sorcs.
  • squshy7
    squshy7
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth, I'm surprised you didn't catch the obvious. The sound effect the your game is making when you try spam break free, we can all hear it in the video, is the sound effect for using potions. Were you trying to also drink potion? Were you spamming the potion button?
    In order of conception:
    Castnia Ashwind VR14 Nightblade; original Day 1 Vampire, bloodfiends, not bought. You're probably in my family tree.
    Jul'eh Kaleh VR14 Templar
    Lysnta Ashwind VR14 Sorcerer

Awaken
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Sacadon
    Sacadon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »
    100% Stamina, Break free pressed probably 15 times, nothing happens.

This doesn't happen with Petrify or any other CC skill in the game but this has been happening constantly since 1.6. You can't fix the lag fine. That at least affects everyone equally. I'm tired of dying continuously to bugs that are easy to reproduce and just as easy to fix.

Not true, but I feel your pain all the same.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/167688/why-is-this-game-still-so-unresponsive

People Spam petrify and every other CC in the game on me and this doesn't happen. Fear is the only thing that is often unbreakable for me.

Looking at your video however It appears petrify functioned similarly for you.

I don't understand how this is difficult for ZoS to fix. Hell give us "Debug" mode or something so we can actually continue testing the beta of this game and determine what is preventing CC break from working.

I died a few times earlier to potions not working for several seconds straight in the same scenario. This was all in a campaign with no latency or lag, just buggy ass game is buggy.

It's pretty frustrating that combat was more responsive and less buggy at release than it is a year later.

I've repeatedly asked for a debug build of the client to help them figure these things out. Nothing but crickets in response unfortunately....
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    squshy7 wrote: »
    Ezareth, I'm surprised you didn't catch the obvious. The sound effect the your game is making when you try spam break free, we can all hear it in the video, is the sound effect for using potions. Were you trying to also drink potion? Were you spamming the potion button?

That's the sound that break free makes when you can't break free. I likely was also pressing the potion key at the same time as well since that is the next action I would take if break free had ever worked, followed by a dodge roll.

Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Soarin'
    Soarin'
    ✭✭
    Taking up the same mandatory response sorcs do:

"Oh look it's another wail, wail nerf sorc thread, L2P issue"

*Copy/paste 3 paragraphs of condescending material based on opinion but stated as fact*
    *Calls in friends for reinforcing aforementioned statements and shouting down those who disagree*

Rinse, repeat.

Yes CC is broken in game, assign a key bind to interrupt, L+R mouse click does not work 60% of the time. To be considered unbiased OP's history should not paint black and white image of "sorc is 100% balanced" and "Nightbalde needs nerf because roll dodge, because stam build, because fear". Thread should be renamed to "CC is broken" with other examples given, such as shield charge + talons combo etc.

Break bias, win wider support, success.
    Edited by Soarin' on 29 April 2015 21:18
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soarin' wrote: »

*Copy/paste 3 paragraphs of condescending material based on opinion but atated as fact*
    *Calls in friends for reinforcing aforementioned statements and shouting down those who disagree*

Rinse, repeat.

Yes CC is broken in game, assign a key bind to interrupt, L+R mouse click does not work 60% of the time. To be considered unbiased OP's history should not paint black and white image of "sorc is 100% balanced" and "Nightbalde needs nerf because roll dodge, because stam build, because fear". Thread should be renamed to "CC is broken" with other examples given, such as shield charge + talons combo etc.

English? Do you speak it?

Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*Copy/paste 3 paragraphs of condescending material based on opinion but atated as fact*

Rinse, repeat.

Dude fear is so broken OP and you know it. Unavoidable BS CC that effects everyone, not just permablockers. We will not be seeing any balance changes regarding fear until after console launch unfortunately according to jessica folsom from an email correspondance, so we have to suck it up. but when this ability gets balanced properly, dont come whining on the forums saying, 'ZOMG ZOS WHY YOU RUIN FEAR!!' know this, that it needed a change so you dont have an uncounterable burst combo of bs.
    Edited by cozmon3c_ESO on 29 April 2015 16:05
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If fear gets nerfed, I'm starting up the bolt escape hate machine again! Fear is about the only way to deal with a fully shielded sorc, blocking, porting away, leaving behind projectile absorbing balls of light.

If builds can't deal with breaking a stun, than it's a bad build. That, or stop trying to 1vX armies that can CC and focus fire you to death.
    Edited by Satiar on 29 April 2015 16:25
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Chillic
    Chillic
    ✭✭✭
    Ace_SiN wrote: »
    100% Stamina, Break free pressed probably 15 times, nothing happens.

This doesn't happen with Petrify or any other CC skill in the game but this has been happening constantly since 1.6. You can't fix the lag fine. That at least affects everyone equally. I'm tired of dying continuously to bugs that are easy to reproduce and just as easy to fix.

Not true, but I feel your pain all the same.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/167688/why-is-this-game-still-so-unresponsive

People Spam petrify and every other CC in the game on me and this doesn't happen. Fear is the only thing that is often unbreakable for me.

Looking at your video however It appears petrify functioned similarly for you.

I don't understand how this is difficult for ZoS to fix. Hell give us "Debug" mode or something so we can actually continue testing the beta of this game and determine what is preventing CC break from working.

I died a few times earlier to potions not working for several seconds straight in the same scenario. This was all in a campaign with no latency or lag, just buggy ass game is buggy.

It's pretty frustrating that combat was more responsive and less buggy at release than it is a year later.

It has happened to me as well and other times it works. The fix is going to be correcting all tooltips to start with "A chance to:" Then we will all just blame it on bad luck :neutral:
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »
    If fear gets nerfed, I'm starting up the bolt escape hate machine again! Fear is about the only way to deal with a fully shielded sorc, blocking, porting away, leaving behind projectile absorbing balls of light.

If builds can't deal with breaking a stun, than it's a bad build. That, or stop trying to 1vX armies that can CC and focus fire you to death.

I die plenty to skilled players who don't need to use a bugged ability to kill me. If a mobile player wants to harrass a zerg ball that by definition can't be mobile from max range the why shouldn't he be able to? If you want to kill him send 2 nightblades in stealth behind him and have the first person he targets engage him As soon as the person does a fair amount of damage to the sorcs, the NBs unleash on the sorc and he is instagibbed. It's not hard when you're a dealing with equally skilled players and there isn't much a sorc can do about it unless it's obvious the NBs are trying to circle behind him and he anticipates it and withdraws too quickly.

Harrassment is a valid and strategic playstyle and no playstyle should have a guaranteed hard counter. Fear needs fixed, not nerfed.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Satiar wrote: »

You should know better Steve, I have transcended to a higher plain of existence. Your hate is incapable of nerfing me, as the hate of an ant is futile against the magnifying glass.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fear is not broke. Just because you dont spec around it.

William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

*Copy/paste 3 paragraphs of condescending material based on opinion but stated as fact*

Rinse, repeat.

pretty much yes.

every single thing people have been complaining about(i dont mean everyone but me, I too have complained about much of these issues) is due to game mechanics in general, not one particular class.

if NB fear gets nerfed to uselessness like people seem to want, then I want a class based self heal.

I think that is a fair trade.
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

Rinse, repeat.

pretty much yes.

every single thing people have been complaining about(i dont mean everyone but me, I too have complained about much of these issues) is due to game mechanics in general, not one particular class.

if NB fear gets nerfed to uselessness like people seem to want, then I want a class based self heal.

I think that is a fair trade.

I'm fine with NBs being the most powerful class. They're also the most difficult class to play perfectly as evidenced by all the bad NBs out there.

No one is saying to Nerf NBs that I see, but I do see a lot of people saying Fear needs fixed (not nerfed).

I don't think I've ever supported a nerf to a class over the past year because I've found ways to work around pretty much everything.

Bug fixes however I fully support.
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Snit
    Snit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

English? Do you speak it?

He clearly speaks it. Like many folks, though, the issue is whether he listens and understands when others speak.
    Snit AD Sorc
    Ratbag AD Warden Tank
    Goblins AD Stamblade

• Ara_Valleria
    Ara_Valleria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtRNg5uSKQ0
    °‡° ÁDAMANT °‡°
    The Addon Abusers, Exploiters & Macro'ers Refuge
    •••• | Ara Valleria - AD NightBlade | Templàra Valleria - AD Templar | Åra Valleria - AD DragonKnight | Ára V - AD DragonKnight | Ara Laifu - DC NightBlade | Ara Waifu - EP Sorcerer | ••••

••••••| YOUTUBE |••••••
    Want to take a break from all the Lagging|Crashing|Cancer ?
    Play Albion Online
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just leave Fear alone already.