Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Peggy QQ

PeggymoeXD
PeggymoeXD
✭✭✭✭
I honestly think that Radiant Destruction isn't a skill, but a virus that worked its way into the developers' computers. They never intended for Templars to have any such power. The file infected the Hard drives of all PC's containing information with other templar skills. At first it started as a simple execute. But it started absorbing the power and functionality of all other Templar abilities until they were rendered almost useless, and Radiant Destruction stood above them all. The devs couldn't stop its power, so they had to implement it, or they would be destroyed.

Seriously though. I don't mind sorcs. Some are bad, most are squishy. I don't mind NB's. Some gank me, most are squishy. DK's are awesome, and Templars make good healers. But I'm tired of being executed at 50 freaking percent.
Kitty DK

Vanguärd
Învictus
Sun's Death
EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PeggymoeXD wrote: »
    I honestly think that Radiant Destruction isn't a skill, but a virus that worked its way into the developers' computers. They never intended for Templars to have any such power. The file infected the Hard drives of all PC's containing information with other templar skills. At first it started as a simple execute. But it started absorbing the power and functionality of all other Templar abilities until they were rendered almost useless, and Radiant Destruction stood above them all. The devs couldn't stop its power, so they had to implement it, or they would be destroyed.

Seriously though. I don't mind sorcs. Some are bad, most are squishy. I don't mind NB's. Some gank me, most are squishy. DK's are awesome, and Templars make good healers. But I'm tired of being executed at 50 freaking percent.

Of all the classes and skills out there, you choose RD to complain about.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166110/weakest-class-in-pvp/p1

Please let the poor Templars out there have this one thing that is ok. They have no escapes, no CC, the least best shield, tonnes of hard casted and channeled abilities and healing that got nerfed badly with 2.0.
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/166110/weakest-class-in-pvp/p1

Please let the poor Templars out there have this one thing that is ok. They have no escapes, no CC, the least best shield, tonnes of hard casted and channeled abilities and healing that got nerfed badly with 2.0.

Lol, what do you mean "no CC"?

Eclipse is nasty against any magicka damage
    Luminous disorient can also be really useful
    There's a spear ability that's sole purpose is stun/knockdown. There's also the gap closer (I know, still has the stupid global cool down though)
    There's also reflective light/vampire's bane snare
    The only thing missing is a class root, but you can use ice reach or bombard for thatthat, maybe they should just ditch the stun on jabs and replace it with a root.

That said, there's things I'd like to see improved. Flight time lowered, and blazing shield should just last 20 seconds at this point.

Edited by Domander on 26 April 2015 00:29
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

There's a spear ability that's sole purpose is stun/knockdown. There's also the gap closer (I know, still has the stupid global cool down though)
    The only thing missing is a class root, but you can use ice reach or bombard for thatthat, maybe they should just ditch the stun on jabs and replace it with a root.

That said, there's things I'd like to see improved. Flight time lowered, and blazing shield should just last 20 seconds at this point.

I guess he meant no aoe cc.

For bold part, while in paper they look awesome combination of CCs but in practise they aren't.
    So,
    If you ever use Eclipse in your rotation to reflect damage, you cant use proper CCs. They conflict each other. And often your enemy instantly breaks that spell so you end up giving your target 5 sec cc immunity for nothing.
    Luminous shards while it works as fossilize and fear, it is single target spell and it has 1 second delay (flight time) that can be easily avoidable unlike fossilize and fear.
    Jabs is literally free CC immunity for your target. Nothing to say much.
    Reflective light is 40% snare. Barely slows anything compared to other snares. The only AoE CC we have currently (max 3 target)

They need more work than just increasing the flight times. We basically traded our only aoe cc Blinding Flashes for that Beam. A powerful anti melee AoE CC that gives to enemies 50% miss chance plus brief knockback. I would give back that stupid beam for flashes any day. And im sure many would do the same.
    Edited by Soris on 26 April 2015 01:53
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Tintinabula
    Tintinabula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please let templars have a "skill" that does more damage than soul assault(an ultimate)..let them have a "skill" that still cannot be LOSd..cause you know..templars are healers..and its fun for them.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

What I meant I guess, is no really useful CC.

Eclipse no longer can be used against any projectile that is being casted or in flight. It must be applied BEFORE your target begins to cast. This = useless. Also, they will CC break it and now you can use no actual CC.

Disorient is not useful since it breaks on any damage. And Luminous Shards travel time makes it very cumbersome.

The charge is halfway decent, but you will get stuck in the animation eventually and be killed because of it. = unreliable.

If you can point out a CC ability that does not have a better counterpart on another class I would like to hear it.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    please let templars have a "skill" that does more damage than soul assault(an ultimate)..let them have a "skill" that still cannot be LOSd..cause you know..templars are healers..and its fun for them.

LoS problem is a bug, no one wants that to remain. It does not do more damage than soul assault unless tehy are in execute range, where it should be doing more damage than Soul Assault.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post.
    Edited by danno8 on 26 April 2015 02:11
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont know what your trying to LOS on but it does LOS. i know because my RD gets broke all the time

• Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just perma dodge rollers and elusive mist users bothered by RD and not wanting to have to counter it?

Most of the time I see it as a blessing to know what an opponent is going to be doing for the next three seconds.

Players do know that the damage from 50% to somewhere around 30% isn't very good, yeah? And even when RD is hitting someone at 20%-30% or so health it is not yet pure panic and throw-the-mouse-across-the-room time.

Whatever LOS issues are left with RD (and I break the LOS sometimes) I say let them have those LOS issues. RD needs something special (even though others skills also have LOS issues so it doesn't make RD all that special.)
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every deathrecap is radiant destruction, therefore clearly overpowered! Nerf plz
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Durandal
    Durandal
    ✭✭
    Peggy, most of the time when I use RD in PvP, the player I cast it on was already going to die and I am just doing them a favor by ending it quickly. :*
    Durandal
    Chrysamere Pact
  • PeggymoeXD
    PeggymoeXD
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durandal wrote: »
    Peggy, most of the time when I use RD in PvP, the player I cast it on was already going to die and I am just doing them a favor by ending it quickly. :*

I'm not supposed to die though. I wanna live.
    Kitty DK

Vanguärd
    Învictus
    Sun's Death
    EPHS

- Peggy Moe - Look Mom No Emp Buff - Chalman - Linda the Zookeeper -