The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Non class-based magicka self heal

akray21
akray21
✭✭✭✭✭
I think it was actually great the vigor was introduced into the game. I think everyone should have access to some type of self heal or shield, but I feel as if one of the morphs should be magicka based. The only class in the game without access to a self heal or self shield is a Magicka NB. We have to resort to always slotting a resto staff on the off bar and slotting the unreliable (yet effective) healing ward. This narrows our choices when it comes to builds as we can not run 1HS on the back bar for greater block potential.

If you take the 4 classes and divide them by stamina/magicka then there are 8 classes. Magicka NB is without 3 important aspects of most builds:

1. a self heal
2. a self shield
3. a hard hitting ability

This is why Magicka NB's are currently in 8th place, and by a long shot...
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd say the list is as follows...

#1 stamina NB
    #2 magicka Sorc
    #3 stamina DK
    #4 magicka NB
    #5 stamina Templar
    #6 magicka DK
    #7 magicka Templar
    #8 stamina Sorc

It looks more balanced than it is between stamina/magicka atm though - 3 out of 4 classes are stronger with stamina imo.

Now, I must admit, if you only look at the 3 points you mentioned, magicka NB would be #6, after magicka DK and Templar.
    And if you try playing one of these it should soon become obvious that those points are not everything that counts.
    Also I must say, the class system would be very boring if everyone had the same abilities with different names and morphs...
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »

#1 stamina NB
    #2 magicka Sorc
    #3 stamina DK
    #4 magicka NB
    #5 stamina Templar
    #6 magicka DK
    #7 magicka Templar
    #8 stamina Sorc

It looks more balanced than it is between stamina/magicka atm though - 3 out of 4 classes are stronger with stamina imo.

Now, I must admit, if you only look at the 3 points you mentioned, magicka NB would be #6, after magicka DK and Templar.
    And if you try playing one of these it should soon become obvious that those points are not everything that counts.
    Also I must say, the class system would be very boring if everyone had the same abilities with different names and morphs...

I agree that it would be boring if everything was the same, but a well balanced game is important to me personally. My list would go...

#1 stamina NB
    #2 magicka Sorc
    #3 stamina DK
    #4 magicka DK
    #5 stamina Templar
    #6 stamina Sorc
    #7 magicka Templar
    #8 magicka NB

Maybe it is just the fact that I am a NB and envy every other classes skills. The only skill that I have access to that anyone else envy's is dark cloak... and I can spam that for days, that is if it doesn't break
    Options
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    O' poor templar :(
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
    Options
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    O' poor templar :(

Yup... Templars have it the worst overall, but I feel really weak as a magicka NB...
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My list, and its probably because the way i build my character.

#1 stamina NB (burst is insane, alive and dead from bow A Lot!)
    #2 stamina DK (WB and roll dodge spam, can barely hurt them while the burst the hell out of me)
    #3 stamina Templar (same as dk)
    #4 magicka Sorc (Balls of Lightening making fighting sorcs a pain in the ass, but there are not that many great sorcs)
    #5 magicka DK (RS spam makes these mofos near impossible to kill and when you finally get them low GDB)
    #6 magicka NB (Stop turning invisible you mofo lol)
    #7 magicka Templar (there attack animations are way too long and need to be sped up, but they can heal hardcore)
    #8 stamina Sorc (lacks synergies with class passives and skills, makes it the weakest build in the game)
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
    Options
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    akray21 wrote: »

#1 stamina NB
    #2 magicka Sorc
    #3 stamina DK
    #4 magicka NB
    #5 stamina Templar
    #6 magicka DK
    #7 magicka Templar
    #8 stamina Sorc

I agree that it would be boring if everything was the same, but a well balanced game is important to me personally. My list would go...

#1 stamina NB
    #2 magicka Sorc
    #3 stamina DK
    #4 magicka DK
    #5 stamina Templar
    #6 stamina Sorc
    #7 magicka Templar
    #8 magicka NB

Maybe it is just the fact that I am a NB and envy every other classes skills. The only skill that I have access to that anyone else envy's is dark cloak... and I can spam that for days, that is if it doesn't break

If you're putting stamina sorcerer over anything else in this game... magicka nightblade is in a much better place than you put it. I agree with most of the arguments of the other rankings listed.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
    Options
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

#2 stamina DK (WB and roll dodge spam, can barely hurt them while the burst the hell out of me)
    #4 magicka Sorc (Balls of Lightening making fighting sorcs a pain in the ass, but there are not that many great sorcs)
    #5 magicka DK (RS spam makes these mofos near impossible to kill and when you finally get them low GDB)
    #7 magicka Templar (there attack animations are way too long and need to be sped up, but they can heal hardcore)
    #8 stamina Sorc (lacks synergies with class passives and skills, makes it the weakest build in the game)

I dkn, crit surge and bound armaments work really well with stamina builds. Mix those twilight matrinarch and some 2H skills, not bad. I'm not a sorc, but I would imagine something like this..

1H
    Bound Armaments
    Critical Surge
    Twilight Matrinarch
    Hardened Ward
    Wrecking Blow

But maybe it is not good, and that is why I see no stamina sorcs... lol
    Edited by akray21 on 23 April 2015 15:20
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Nightblades might be the best support class in the game. They won't hit as hard or heal as well as others, but the versatility they bring to a fight is pretty amazing.
    Options
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    Magicka Nightblades might be the best support class in the game. They won't hit as hard or heal as well as others, but the versatility they bring to a fight is pretty amazing.

I can agree. but... a jack of all trades is a master of none...
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You need to find a balance between versatility and specialization anyway though - in the current meta some burst dmg would be what magicka NB is missing the most, but that is more an issue with low TTK and near infinite resources, so you'd make the situation just worse giving NB ranged burst damage.

Options
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need to find a balance between versatility and specialization anyway though - in the current meta some burst dmg would be what magicka NB is missing the most, but that is more an issue with low TTK and near infinite resources, so you'd make the situation just worse giving NB ranged burst damage.

I think NB melee skills need a burst increase, not ranged. Make concealed weapon hit for more, I am trying to build a burst build, and my main burst skill only does 5k from stealth (concealed weapon)... LOL. I see other people hit me from 10k+ with their abilities, it is outrageous... 10k wrecking blows, but 5k concealed weapoon... OK
    Edited by akray21 on 23 April 2015 16:13
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think NB melee skills need a burst increase, not ranged. Make concealed weapon hit for more, I am trying to build a burst build, and my main burst skill only does 5k from stealth (concealed weapon)... LOL. I see other people hit me from 10k+ with their abilities, it is outrageous... 10k wrecking blows, but 5k concealed weapoon... OK

i think the reason concealed weapon hits for so low is that it can hit people roll dodging, this is why flame lash and daedric curse also hit for lower damage, curse is like 1000 higher because its not spammable. jesus beam definitely is the best anti dodge roll abilitie in the game if they can get the target below 50% life.
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    Options
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dkn, crit surge and bound armaments work really well with stamina builds. Mix those twilight matrinarch and some 2H skills, not bad. I'm not a sorc, but I would imagine something like this..

1H
    Bound Armaments
    Critical Surge
    Twilight Matrinarch
    Hardened Ward
    Wrecking Blow

Haha nope.

-Bound armaments for a 2% boost to dps (not make up a fraction of the missing dps passives)
    -Crit surge is too low and unreliable to match inc burst
    -Twilight? Was that a joke?
    -Hardened ward is nonexistent as stamina. In fact, it's a massive liability for stamina build
    -Wrecking Blow. Good luck landing that without a gap closer or range defence

Stamina sorcs are also on the bottom of my list. They lack the passives to excel outside of being another WB spammer in a raid. Not likely you will go solo stamina any time soon.

My list:

1. Stamina NB
    2. Stamina DK
    3. Magicka Sorc
    4. Magicka NB
    5. Magicka DK
    6. Stamina Templar
    7. Magicka Templar
    8. Stamina Sorc

EDIT: changed magicka NB below magicka sorc
    Edited by Vis on 23 April 2015 17:33
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

Options
  • TheBucket
    TheBucket
    ✭✭✭✭

i think the reason concealed weapon hits for so low is that it can hit people roll dodging, this is why flame lash and daedric curse also hit for lower damage, curse is like 1000 higher because its not spammable. jesus beam definitely is the best anti dodge roll abilitie in the game if they can get the target below 50% life.

It gets 0 crit bonus from stealth. Which is pretty crappy.
    William Reignes
    Magic Nightblade - Rogue Bomber
    Creator of Thirsty Thief Build (Retired 1.5)
    Options
  • Teargrants
    Teargrants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's my list:

#1. Non potato players
    #2. Potato players
    #3. Potato forum warriors

You're welcome.
    POST EQVITEM SEDET ATRA CVRA
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    EP ※ Teargrants ※
    EP ※ Kissgrants ※
    DC ※ Kirsi ※
    Vehemence Council
    #JustOutOfRenderRange
    ~Teargrants YouTube~
    ┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
    Options
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think NB melee skills need a burst increase, not ranged. Make concealed weapon hit for more, I am trying to build a burst build, and my main burst skill only does 5k from stealth (concealed weapon)... LOL
    Vis wrote: »

1H
    Bound Armaments
    Critical Surge
    Twilight Matrinarch
    Hardened Ward
    Wrecking Blow

Haha nope.

-Bound armaments for a 2% boost to dps (not make up a fraction of the missing dps passives)
    -Hardened ward is nonexistent as stamina. In fact, it's a massive liability for stamina build

Stamina sorcs are also on the bottom of my list. They lack the passives to excel outside of being another WB spammer in a raid. Not likely you will go solo stamina any time soon.

My list:

1. Stamina NB
    2. Stamina DK
    3. Magicka Sorc
    4. Magicka NB
    5. Magicka DK
    6. Stamina Templar
    7. Magicka Templar
    8. Stamina Sorc

WHAT... Magicka NB 4th above Magicka DK and Stamina Templar, no way. What ability DPS ability does a Magicka NB have? What Shield ability does it have? Dark cloak is good yes, but it only allows you to NOT LOSE a fight, it rarely helps you WIN a fight.

Magicka DK is BEAST. I can concede that Magicka NB may be 7th only ahead of stamina sorc, and no higher than 6th.
    Options
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    salty potato
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I think NB melee skills need a burst increase, not ranged. Make concealed weapon hit for more, I am trying to build a burst build, and my main burst skill only does 5k from stealth (concealed weapon)... LOL

1H
    Bound Armaments
    Critical Surge
    Twilight Matrinarch
    Hardened Ward
    Wrecking Blow

Haha nope.

My list:

1. Stamina NB
    2. Stamina DK
    3. Magicka Sorc
    4. Magicka NB
    5. Magicka DK
    6. Stamina Templar
    7. Magicka Templar
    8. Stamina Sorc

WHAT... Magicka NB 4th above Magicka DK and Stamina Templar, no way.

Let's see...
    What ability DPS ability does a Magicka NB have?

Swallow Soul, Crippling Grasp, Sap Essence, Concealed Weapon, maybe Teleport Strike. There are other damaging abilities and buffs, but those are the main damage skills in the class trees, not counting ultimates.
    What Shield ability does it have?

No class shields.
    Dark cloak is good yes, but it only allows you to NOT LOSE a fight, it rarely helps you WIN a fight.

Guess what shields and heals do.
    I can concede that Magicka NB may be 7th only ahead of stamina sorc, and no higher than 6th.

I give up...

Options
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1H
    Bound Armaments
    Critical Surge
    Twilight Matrinarch
    Hardened Ward
    Wrecking Blow

Haha nope.

My list:

1. Stamina NB
    2. Stamina DK
    3. Magicka Sorc
    4. Magicka NB
    5. Magicka DK
    6. Stamina Templar
    7. Magicka Templar
    8. Stamina Sorc

WHAT... Magicka NB 4th above Magicka DK and Stamina Templar, no way. What ability DPS ability does a Magicka NB have? What Shield ability does it have? Dark cloak is good yes, but it only allows you to NOT LOSE a fight, it rarely helps you WIN a fight.

Magicka DK is BEAST. I can concede that Magicka NB may be 7th only ahead of stamina sorc, and no higher than 6th.

Why would I tell you how some magicka NBs have done very successfully? The successful magicka build is uber annoying and can be dangerous to sorcs. The last thing I want is to see more people with it.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

Options
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1H
    Bound Armaments
    Critical Surge
    Twilight Matrinarch
    Hardened Ward
    Wrecking Blow

Haha nope.

My list:

1. Stamina NB
    2. Stamina DK
    3. Magicka Sorc
    4. Magicka NB
    5. Magicka DK
    6. Stamina Templar
    7. Magicka Templar
    8. Stamina Sorc

Why would I tell you how some magicka NBs have done very successfully? The successful magicka build is uber annoying and can be dangerous to sorcs. The last thing I want is to see more people with it.

Are you a part of AD?
    Options
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭

I can agree, though DoTs need a major buff to complement a sustained damage/offhealer type role that the NB caster seems most suited to. To be fair, the DoT problem isn't just NBs.

Anyway, my list...

#1 magicka Sorc
    #2 stamina NB
    #3 stamina DK
    #4 stamina Templar
    #5-7 magicka NB/DK/Templar
    #8 stamina Sorc
    Edited by Draehl on 23 April 2015 21:29
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
    Options
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draehl wrote: »

I can agree, though DoTs need a major buff to complement a sustained damage/offhealer type role that the NB caster seems most suited to. To be fair, the DoT problem isn't just NBs.

Anyway, my list...

#1 magicka Sorc
    #2 stamina NB
    #3 stamina DK
    #4 stamina Templar
    #5-7 magicka NB/DK/Templar
    #8 stamina Sorc

I can get on board with that ranking.

Also DoT's do need looked at... I mean cripple grasp is worthless because DoT's do go through block at all...
    Options
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

#1 stamina NB
    #2 magicka Sorc
    #3 stamina DK
    #4 magicka NB
    #5 stamina Templar
    #6 magicka DK
    #7 magicka Templar
    #8 stamina Sorc

From my experience against good players in 1 v 1 scenarios I'd say
    #1 stamina NB
    #2 stamina DK
    #3 magicka Sorc
    #4 stamina Templar
    #5 magicka NB
    #6 magicka DK
    #7 magicka Templar
    #8 stamina Sorc

There is a significant difference between the top 4 and the bottom 4 IMO.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
    Options
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Ezareth wrote: »

There is a significant difference between the top 4 and the bottom 4 IMO.

Quoted for truth there. Whats the top 3 or top 4 or whatever is doesn't really matter, they're miles ahead of the bottom 4.
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
    Options
  • pokinatchapunx
    Teargrants wrote: »
    Here's my list:

#1. Non potato players
    #2. Potato players
    #3. Potato forum warriors

You're welcome.

How would you rate french fries?