Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dk whip Lash hitting through roll dodge

izjiz
izjiz
At the moment whips are hitting straight through roll dodges consistently and can't be dodged. Intended or bugged?

Izjiz - Dc NB v14
Izjïz- EP temp v14
CEzy - DC sorc v14
cezy - DC dk v14
Izjiz Jnr - AD DK v14
īzjiz - DC NB ( khajit ) v14
cEzy - EP Sorc - v1
  • squshy7
    squshy7
    ✭✭✭
    izjiz wrote: »
    At the moment whips are hitting straight through roll dodges consistently and can't be dodged. Intended or bugged?

Can confirm, I've been trying to champion this bug to get it fixed, I doubt it's intended.
    In order of conception:
    Castnia Ashwind VR14 Nightblade; original Day 1 Vampire, bloodfiends, not bought. You're probably in my family tree.
    Jul'eh Kaleh VR14 Templar
    Lysnta Ashwind VR14 Sorcerer

Awaken
  • Lhorion
    Lhorion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows if it is a bug! I think so, but who knows exactly?

But I have to tell you: This is NOT a bug with the whip. If it is a bug, then it is a bug with magicka based meele attacks. The magicka morph of "Surprise Attack" called "Concealed Weapon" works same like the DKs whip. I have not tested the magicka jabs (templar skill), but maybe here is the same (?).
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As annoying as this can be for some people, is it the worst thing? Stamina builds can roll dodge a lot more, it's kinda neat that there are some ways to hit through it. Whip and concealed weapon come to mind, both would be used by magicka based players who cannot roll dodge as well.
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Sypher
    Sypher
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whether this is a bug or not,

I personally like that whip/concealed can't be dodged. It gives a few decent counters against roll dodge builds.

This is coming from someone who absolutely loves his stamina based Nightblade build that revolves around dodge roll.
    DC Dragonknight 'Sypher - AD Nightblade Sypher Ali - AD Sorcerer Sypher Sensei - EP Sorcerer Sypharian - DC Templar Ali Sypher

Youtube: www.youtube.com/SypherPK
    Twitch: www.twitch.tv/SypherPK
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher wrote: »

I personally like that whip/concealed can't be dodged. It gives a few decent counters against roll dodge builds.

This is coming from someone who absolutely loves his stamina based Nightblade build that revolves around dodge roll.

This, they need to fix the infinite dodge roll builds or leave in these un-dodgeable abilities as a counter, no one should be able to negate all but four abilities by simply tapping a key two times in a row, and do it over, and over, and over, and over...
    Aldmeri Dominion For Life!
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

Officially Resigned From Cyrodiil As Of 4/15/15 10:24 PM EST.
  • Kypho
    Kypho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Panda244 wrote: »

This, they need to fix the infinite dodge roll builds or leave in these un-dodgeable abilities as a counter, no one should be able to negate all but four abilities by simply tapping a key two times in a row, and do it over, and over, and over, and over...

True!!!! and remove the cost of roll too!!!
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

fix the damage shield spam/stack builds too if thats your POV on it. I have encountered scenarios where damage shield spam was literally endless:/ WHILE the player was still able to put out good damage.

the problem is lack of softcaps and insane resource pools/resource regeneration.
    Edited by Cody on 20 April 2015 21:16
  • Honfold
    Honfold
    ✭✭✭
    What they hell am I doing wrong with my stamina NB? Either people on this forum are cherry picking their experience with dodge rolling players or I am just not hitting my "R" key (dodge roll key for me) fast enough. I am constantly hit or CC'd through dodge roll. I just don't get all of the complaints. Sometimes I am able to get away with dodge roll, but if the enemy is determined enough they can catch me with no stamina. I am not built for infinite dodge roll, because I like to do damage, and I don't use potions at all in Cyrodiil.

Maybe that's my problem.

I have kept my mouth shut on all the nerf dodge-rolling posts but I would sincerely like to know how the hell my experience has been so much different than others.
    Edited by Honfold on 20 April 2015 21:41
  • Spangla
    Spangla
    ✭✭✭✭
    Something should - perma role dodge crap is ridiculous
  • Kaghei
    Kaghei
    ✭✭✭
    burning embers is also dodge roll resistant
    melee spells for sure
    Edited by Kaghei on 20 April 2015 21:47
    Alacrity
    World's Fastest AA
    World's First claimer of Bleakers
    First Grand Overlord Slayer
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭
    counter to dodge roll monkeys +1 for that
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

fix the damage shield spam/stack builds too if thats your POV on it. I have encountered scenarios where damage shield spam was literally endless:/ WHILE the player was still able to put out good damage.

the problem is lack of softcaps and insane resource pools/resource regeneration.

I can't shield stack endlessly but before I turned into a Vampire I would do something unique in my opinion, Roll dodge a few times, spam Igneous shield to get stam back, roll dodge again. That I could do endlessly, and that's more effective than spamming shields and just spamming shields.
    Crassus Licinius II - DK - V14 - Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade NA (The Dragonknight that refuses to go Vampire.)
    N'tel Arlena - NB - V14 - Retired Sap Tank of Haderus NA, Harasser of Many (Also, not a vampire. Goes by nickname Nutella.)

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »

I can't shield stack endlessly but before I turned into a Vampire I would do something unique in my opinion, Roll dodge a few times, spam Igneous shield to get stam back, roll dodge again. That I could do endlessly, and that's more effective than spamming shields and just spamming shields.

then you have not had the experiences I had
  • xylena
    xylena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTB soft caps on regen
    Retired until we break the Tank Meta
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xylena wrote: »
    WTB soft caps on regen

That won't be a solution. In 1.5 I had 166-170 magicka regen dependant on my current setup, now I am running 1.5k and that is with 20+ CP in magicka regen wich I would just reallocate if nessecary.
    And still I rarely ever run out of magicka, can sustain myself much better than in 1.5, because of a large resource pool and cost reduction. I am not using seducer or archmage, I am no vamp, I am not using any support skills and I don't use drinks yet. There's still so much potential, softcaps won't change a thing unless you make them so low that people have to put everything in their main resource pool and cost reduction to compete.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • izjiz
    izjiz

No. If you're a a vampire, any decent DK will simply animation cancel his whips and drop you within seconds, it's stupid. It's a bug, not a counter mechanic. Wheres the fairness in being shieldless and defenceless against a attack that is virtually impossible to dodge, not to mention a flame damage skill.
    Izjiz - Dc NB v14
    Izjïz- EP temp v14
    CEzy - DC sorc v14
    cezy - DC dk v14
    Izjiz Jnr - AD DK v14
    īzjiz - DC NB ( khajit ) v14
    cEzy - EP Sorc - v1
  • Dru1076
    Dru1076
    ✭✭✭✭
    Given how much DKs have been nerfed already, I sure hope they will leave this alone. It doesn't do nearly so much damage as a lot of other abilities I hear about. If they were going to do something about the dodgeroll thing, they would have with this patch I would assume. Perhaps this is WAI?
    Ask not what your sweetroll can do for you....
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No. If you're a a vampire, any decent DK will simply animation cancel his whips and drop you within seconds, it's stupid. It's a bug, not a counter mechanic. Wheres the fairness in being shieldless and defenceless against a attack that is virtually impossible to dodge, not to mention a flame damage skill.

Oh man, a Stampire. I thought those had gone the way of the dodo when WW stam regen was introduced.
  • Xevothian
    Xevothian
    ✭✭
    In a sense, i'm ok with this. Even though i'm a roll dodge build. :D
    VR14 Dragonknight EP-Xevothian | VR14 Dragonknight DC- 'Xevothian | VR2 Sorcerer EP- Xevothiian |
    Guild- Sayians
    PvP for life
    Whisper me in-game @Xevothian for a duel
  • Panda244
    Panda244
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

Oh man, a Stampire. I thought those had gone the way of the dodo when WW stam regen was introduced.

lol... Can I use that @Varicite ?

#FreeZazeer
    #FreeGooey
    #FreeAsgari
    #FreeAoE
    #FreeSubtomik
    #FreeMBF

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Varicite wrote: »

lol... Can I use that @Varicite ?

Haha, sure, of course. : )
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made a similar thread. Still no answer :s
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭

Personally I think this is a good thing. Perma roll dodging is ridiculous. Sorry for your frustration though.

• Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if it's intended, but there should probably be a few abilities that can counter dodge rolling now that it's no longer such a limited-use ability.
  • Lorkhan
    Lorkhan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    let's assume this is intended.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honfold wrote: »
    What they hell am I doing wrong with my stamina NB? Either people on this forum are cherry picking their experience with dodge rolling players or I am just not hitting my "R" key (dodge roll key for me) fast enough. I am constantly hit or CC'd through dodge roll. I just don't get all of the complaints. Sometimes I am able to get away with dodge roll, but if the enemy is determined enough they can catch me with no stamina. I am not built for infinite dodge roll, because I like to do damage, and I don't use potions at all in Cyrodiil.

Maybe that's my problem.

I have kept my mouth shut on all the nerf dodge-rolling posts but I would sincerely like to know how the hell my experience has been so much different than others.

Yeah I don't really get it. I can chase a guy with 10 other people also chasing and no one hits them at all. I have 10 chasing me and I'm hit by everything lol
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • Varicite
    Varicite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honfold wrote: »

Maybe that's my problem.

Yeah I don't really get it. I can chase a guy with 10 other people also chasing and no one hits them at all. I have 10 chasing me and I'm hit by everything lol

They should probably stop trying to hit him w/ single-target projectiles and other abilities that dodge roll is specifically built to counter....