The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weapon Damage vs Stamina Bonus on Damage

mcianconeb16_ESO
mcianconeb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
I am a stamblade and currently running Hundings rage as one of my armor sets for the 5 set wep damage. I am wondering if I was to run a set like Darkstride which provides a bunch of stamina if that would be more advantageous to my damage (note the set will provide about 1800 more stamina) then the hundings bonus.

Further to that, the tower mundus for the stam vs. the shadow mundus. My crit chance is about 65%. My current stamina with hundings rage and the shadow mundus is 25k-26k (with food). The changes will bring it up towards 28-29k.

Does anyone have good numbers here as to how the damage is calculated? Just curious what can optimize damage.
Sarinis VR14 NB
Aldmeri Dominion
Guild: Misfitz
  • exiledtyrant
    exiledtyrant
    ✭✭✭
    As far as raw damage goes weapon damage will beat stamina pretty much always because it scales 10.46 better than stamina per point. There is no set bonus in game that can come close to that kind of stamina bonus vs the weapon damage equivalent. Shadow should also give you more damage than warrior or the tower with your high crit chance.

Stamina may outpace weapon damage in the 800-1000 Theif cp range for certain set bonuses because the bonuses add a % of your max stamina. As of now though with a bound armor redguard with 18% stamina bonus weapon damage has won every time and would again not likely slow down under extreme cp situations.
    If all are brethren
    How could my hands not tremble
    As breath fled my prey?

What blinds my vision?
    My hands are tools; it must be
    The haze of blossoms

-Salous the Penitent
    Options
  • Dositheus
    Dositheus
    ✭✭✭
    I am a stamblade and currently running Hundings rage as one of my armor sets for the 5 set wep damage. I am wondering if I was to run a set like Darkstride which provides a bunch of stamina if that would be more advantageous to my damage (note the set will provide about 1800 more stamina) then the hundings bonus.

Further to that, the tower mundus for the stam vs. the shadow mundus. My crit chance is about 65%. My current stamina with hundings rage and the shadow mundus is 25k-26k (with food). The changes will bring it up towards 28-29k.

Does anyone have good numbers here as to how the damage is calculated? Just curious what can optimize damage.

I've actually been experimenting with a "resource stacking" build for dps and liking it quite a bit. I'm at 27k stamina without any food bumps to it, which works out pretty decent. And I still have decent weapon power. Weapon power stacking is going to get you more damage, because as someone pointed out it takes 10.46 or so stamina points to equal one weapon power. Also there are skills which boost weapon power by a %. Frankly though, I'm liking stat pool bumping for damage. I'm getting + stam resources from each of the 3 sets I'm using, and then bonus % increase from being Imperial, and % increase from undaunted passives. I'm hitting as hard as I was when I was running Hundings, but I also have a very nice 5 piece defensive bonus from my primary set.
    Options