Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Time to allow mounting in combat and the use of transit shrines in combat?

AhPook_Is_Here
AhPook_Is_Here
✭✭✭✭✭
The stamina bar on the mount is there for a reason. The combat bug remains unresolved after over a year. When I rapid a group sometimes that means I'm running from one side of the map to the other even after 5 minutes of no combat, same thing happens with transit shrines.

I can't see many classes being too upset about this other than sorcs and as a person who plays a sorc, I would much rather be able to mount and have our healers able to mount after using abilities they are required to use. I can see many healers that are forced to trail far behind a group when the group is under pressure to cross the map fast being very happy about this change. This simple solution will also allow you to not have to worry about allocating resources to tracking down the combat bug and focus on fixing lag, skill bar bugs, ability bugs and even more trivial matters that remain unfixed after a year like bank alphabetization.
“Whatever.”
-Unknown American
  • Pancake-Tragedy
    Pancake-Tragedy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.

Mounting in combat shouldn't really be seen as an advantage anyways because when you get knocked off your mount it is almost surely to get you killed. This could also pave the way for mounted combat B)

As for using a transit shrine while in combat, this should be a no-brainer. You can't port out of a keep if it is burst, so it isn't like anyone is going to be able to escape death when a keep gets overrun.
    Edited by Pancake-Tragedy on 20 April 2015 16:25
    Pancake Tragedy - Sorcerer
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please.

Mounting in combat shouldn't really be seen as an advantage anyways because when you get knocked off your mount it is almost surely to get you killed. This could also pave the way for mounted combat B)

As for using a transit shrine while in combat, this should be a no-brainer. You can't port out of a keep if it is burst, so it isn't like anyone is going to be able to escape death when a keep gets overrun.

I was thinking the same thing, while streaking away, turn and frag, it's not really bad for a good sorc; but I could see a lot of sorcs that were more game-challenged being a bit upset. Still it isn't about sorcs, its about not breaking your keyboard because you can't get on your horse from Alessia to Chalman due to some bug zeni cares about as much for as they do 5 minute loading screens.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American