Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ultimate's scale off your highest stat correct?

coolermh
coolermh
✭✭✭
I was just curious if this is the case because I feel like I have a pretty strong stamina build but my meteor/shooting star does not hit nearly as hard as most magicka builds I see. Is this cause of passives? Or is it scaling off my magika?
-MrHeid625
Max Chars:
Magika Sorc AD
Stamina NB AD
Stam DK AD
Magika NB-
Magika Temp-
Stam Warden
Stam Sorc
Mag Warden
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are supposed to.

The question is, do these other Magic Builds have the same Magic Amounts you do? I have seen some people with insane levels of attributes out there. Most of my magic casters (all VR6) are 24/25K in Magic, 14K in Health and 11K in Stamina. And I don't do anything crazy to get that.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sykotical
    Sykotical
    ✭✭✭
    Edit: tested
    The patch notes are incorrect. It scales with weapon or spell damage, whichever is highest. Crit values have no effect on the base damage of the ultimate.

I've never actually tested it, but according to the patch notes it should scale off your highest crit.

From Patch Notes v1.6.5

Other Major Gameplay Changes
    • Synergy abilities now scale off your highest stats that are either stamina or magicka based.
      • Ultimates and Synergy abilities now always scale of your highest Critical Strike stat instead of just your Spell Critical Strike.
      • Abilities that cost magicka will now always scale off your magicka, spell damage, and spell critical strike stats.
      • Abilities that cost stamina will now always scale off your stamina, weapon damage, and weapon critical strike stats.
    Edited by Sykotical on 11 April 2015 13:49
    Son Azoth | Breton Nightblade
    PC - NA - DC - myCampaignTBD
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sykotical wrote: »
    I've never actually tested it, but according to the patch notes it should scale off your highest crit.

From Patch Notes v1.6.5

Other Major Gameplay Changes
    • Synergy abilities now scale off your highest stats that are either stamina or magicka based.
      • Ultimates and Synergy abilities now always scale of your highest Critical Strike stat instead of just your Spell Critical Strike.
      • Abilities that cost magicka will now always scale off your magicka, spell damage, and spell critical strike stats.
      • Abilities that cost stamina will now always scale off your stamina, weapon damage, and weapon critical strike stats.

Again ZOS words things very confusingly. Why would ultimates scale off critical chance? Wouldn't they either scale off weapon power or spell power?

What happens if your spell power is higher but you have more weapon critical? I assume that they mean to determine whether the ultimate crits or not but I am more interested in whether an ultimate can be boosted by both weapon power or spell power (whichever is higher).
  • Weng
    Weng
    ✭✭✭
    My test shows that e.g. the sorc's Overload ultimate scales with weapon damage.
    When I increase my weapon power, then the tooltip for the Overload attacks increases.

If I go naked and put on one item with a stamina glyph, then there is a slight increase in Overload attack damage, too.

I haven't done this test with magicka and spell power, but would expect that it works the same, if it is the higher stat.
    And I don't have the meteor ultimate yet, but you can easily do that test yourself.
    Edited by Weng on 11 April 2015 11:37
  • LameoveR
    LameoveR
    ✭✭✭✭
    My test shows that e.g. the sorc's Overload ultimate scales with weapon damage.
    When I increase my weapon power, then the tooltip for the Overload attacks increases.
    Hello.
    I'm just tested it now, it scales with spell damage if it higher than weapon.
    I've used entropy, that gives only spell damage.

Edited by LameoveR on 11 April 2015 12:39