Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Getting 2 Shotted as a Healer?

ChiefofCereal
I'm currently VR2, but whenever a V14 attack me they seem to kill me in two spells even with my Sun Shield up (I play a Templar Healer). I wear all cloth armor which may be part of the problem, but I have 22K Health. Is it normal to get destroyed by V14s if your in the low veteran ranks?
  • Isbilen
    Isbilen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A VR2 character has worse stats than a lvl 10 character in Cyrodiil, and with the crazy burst some people are able to build without soft-caps, being 2-hit by someone while wearing cloth doesn't sound unlikely at all.

• ChiefofCereal
    Isbilen wrote: »
    A VR2 character has worse stats than a lvl 10 character in Cyrodiil, and with the crazy burst some people are able to build without soft-caps, being 2-hit by someone while wearing cloth doesn't sound unlikely at all.

What am I supposed to do then? Always stay in a group of a couple of people so I'm not focused down?
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Or dont pvp till you reach vr14. Though you still get 2 shotted even as vr14. Welcome to ESO+
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm currently VR2, but whenever a V14 attack me they seem to kill me in two spells even with my Sun Shield up (I play a Templar Healer). I wear all cloth armor which may be part of the problem, but I have 22K Health. Is it normal to get destroyed by V14s if your in the low veteran ranks?

Especially as magica templar u are trapped, spam heal as long as u can and die when no reinforcement arrive.
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this goes without saying, but make sure you rebind your CC Break to another key and spam the sh!t out of it the second you get stunned. Having 22k hp means your sun shield is only absorbing about 5.6k.

For me here is the order of priority when being attacked

Stealth attack from bow - CC break, shield, purge (lethal arrow heal debuff is usually the prefurred morph) shield again because you are still taking hits, breath of life. If you survived, 75% of the bow users won't be able to do much after that. The other 25% will probably still kill you unless you stalled long enough for someone to help you. Just remember to shield first, NEVER heal first. You will almost always have a heal debuff.

Stealth attack from a Nightblade - cc break (often haha), shield, heal. Never try to dodge roll! After you dodge you will have no Stam and they will fear you again.

(Enevitable) 2h Wrecking Blow - STUN THEM STUN THEM I SAY! I always having toppeling charge or aurora javelin or blazing spear handy. They will charge you and wrecking blow you and that will take almost all your hp with a shield up. If you get caught with no shield, you be dead. Stun them then heal yourself and shield while trying to break LOS. Again with 2h'ers never dodge roll you need your Stam for the cc breaks. Cc break, stun, heal, shield.

Hope this helps.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face
  • ChiefofCereal
    Imdrefan wrote: »
    Not sure if this goes without saying, but make sure you rebind your CC Break to another key and spam the sh!t out of it the second you get stunned. Having 22k hp means your sun shield is only absorbing about 5.6k.

Stealth attack from bow - CC break, shield, purge (lethal arrow heal debuff is usually the prefurred morph) shield again because you are still taking hits, breath of life. If you survived, 75% of the bow users won't be able to do much after that. The other 25% will probably still kill you unless you stalled long enough for someone to help you. Just remember to shield first, NEVER heal first. You will almost always have a heal debuff.

Stealth attack from a Nightblade - cc break (often haha), shield, heal. Never try to dodge roll! After you dodge you will have no Stam and they will fear you again.

(Enevitable) 2h Wrecking Blow - STUN THEM STUN THEM I SAY! I always having toppeling charge or aurora javelin or blazing spear handy. They will charge you and wrecking blow you and that will take almost all your hp with a shield up. If you get caught with no shield, you be dead. Stun them then heal yourself and shield while trying to break LOS. Again with 2h'ers never dodge roll you need your Stam for the cc breaks. Cc break, stun, heal, shield.

Hope this helps.
    This actually helped a s**t ton dude. I just don't know what I can and cannot CC break (some things I can't break out of) so I just spam it when I press spells now haha and I've been surviving a bit better.
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    Part of it is your HP but most of it is Zeni's ridiculous inability to balance damage vs. healing vs. defense. Tweaking the Cyrodiil battle spirit buff is all they need to do. Not that they're alone to be fair. Every MMO for some reason wants to appease the esport/streamer crowd that have a love affair with burst damage. Sure, this type of gameplay makes for great highlight reels, but beyond that its bad for the genre...
    Edited by Draehl on 10 April 2015 02:09
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • cozmon3c_ESO
    cozmon3c_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    become a vampire and use mist form to try and escape. it may help you in the end. its the best escape you can do atm as a magicka templar, but be aware there are down sides of being a vamp that will 2 shot you too. if you get hit once, roll dodge mist form til they lose interest in you.
    Edited by cozmon3c_ESO on 10 April 2015 04:01
    Guild UMBRA Chapter Lead
    ~Leper Si -V14 Sorcerer~
    Youtube Channel - Leper
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCozmon3c/videos
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    do not play PvP until you are VR10 with good gear OR you are just a god at this game.

you wearing cloth certainly adds to the problem, but your lower stats are the main reason, as well as the gear.

plus the 20K WBs that go around make it difficult for even Vr14s to compete, so you being Vr2 makes it harder on yourself.
    Edited by Cody on 10 April 2015 04:10
  • Imdrefan
    Imdrefan
    ✭✭✭
    Imdrefan wrote: »

Hope this helps.
    This actually helped a s**t ton dude. I just don't know what I can and cannot CC break (some things I can't break out of) so I just spam it when I press spells now haha and I've been surviving a bit better.

It can be confusing, what you can and cannot CC break out of.

CC Breakable
    Fear (NB, Werewolf)
    Stun (shield charge, toppeling charge, sneak attacks)
    Disorient (sorc streak, luminous shards)
    Knockback (aurora javelin, bow scattershot, fire destro staff destructive clench, biting jabs/puncturing sweep)
    Off balance ( being interrupted while casting)

This is not a complete list. Just to give you an idea.

You cannot CC Break from roots and snares. The way that you will know the difference is you will still have your action bars available to you. A snare just slows you down, a root/ immobilize will keep you in place.

Templars have the best self purge in the game, cleansing ritual is cheap and spammable and will remove all roots, snares, and dots. If you need to get out of a root quickly you can roll dodge.
    Drefan - VR14 AD Templar
    Decibel
    Dark Flare to the Face