Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magika Templar X Stam Templar??? Who did better?

andre.luiz.bandeirapub18_ESO
Hello guys, im thinking to start a templar to focus on the PVP... but iwas thinking, wahat build deal better at damage and what deal better at survive?? Stam or Magika?? thx
  • Skafsgaard
    Skafsgaard
    ✭✭✭✭
    roll a sorc :tongue:
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited supports hundreds of players on screen at once in an open world fight for control of Cyrodiil. Get ready for the most intense online PvP experience ever created, with The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

Yes, I am ready...

Source:
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/game-guide/the-alliance-war
  • bosmern_ESO
    bosmern_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are still fairly bad, Templars are still really only used for healing. If you want to pvp roll another class because you will have a lot more fun.

Templars just feel really sluggish because tons of their damaging abilities are casts/channels and they also give people CC immunity off the bat. Templar life is rough.
    ~Thallen~
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's a video of a VR14 defeating level 30 players, not a good argument for Templar viability.

Templars are in an appalling state, they don't have a single powerful, useful skill apart from Breath of Life, where as all other classes are packed with powerful skills. I lament the day I decided to spend all this time into my Templar.. Templar skills are simply garbage.
    Edited by Zsymon on 5 April 2015 21:30
  • Zsymon
    Zsymon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly since 1.6 a Templar is free APs in Cyrodil. They have no survivability since Blazing Shield became useless after being nerfed in three different and significant ways. They don't have any offense apart from weapon skills, so all they can do is run or die. The only thing you can do with a Templar is shoot at people with a bow in large zergs, or heal while you hope you don't get focused, as there is no way to survive.
    Edited by Zsymon on 5 April 2015 21:44
  • Kas
    Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zsymon wrote: »
    Honestly since 1.6 a Templar is free APs in Cyrodil. They have no survivability since Blazing Shield became useless after being nerfed in three different and significant ways. They don't have any offense apart from weapon skills, so all they can do is run or die. The only thing you can do with a Templar is shoot at people with a bow in large zergs, or heal while you hope you don't get focused, as there is no way to survive.

lmao

as much as i would LOVE some buffs for my templar (in fact fixing all that is broken might even be enough), your post is WAY overstating the issue. I can kill pretty much everything 1v1, only really good ("famous") players, and a buch of decent sorcs being an exception and I will easily wipe the floor with with fresh 14s who are fairly new to PvP in a 1v5.It's really not that bad.

First of all, purifying ritual is a REALLY good skill. It counters so many enemy spells by purging them for little cost and dropping a hot AND buffing any BoLs you want to cast. Repentance is super storng as well. Fighting someone with engine guardian? Just bash/crushign shock them in time and use repentance when they despawn. Now you opponents set is working for you. The aedric spear passives are quite decent, blazing spear is somewhat hard to hit and awffully slow but a strong ability nevertheless. Vampire's bane is a really good solo ability. I jsut don't find the space for inner light, especially not on two bars, because there are so many good spells. vbane is pretty much the best crit buff in the game in a 1v1 or against small groups.

Finally, there's the jesus beam. Sure, the ability is not as good as some noobs think that see big numbers in a death recap. However, it works as what it was intended to be: an execute. IF you mange to get your enemy fairly low AND disbale him, it's an incredibly good execute. Enemies without crushing shock are really suspectible to it, even those that have crushing shock can be executed when on the wrong bar / disabled.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying Templars are in a spot that is in any way comparable to 1.60, dk's prior to 1.5 or sorcs right now. At times I think they have quite a hard time, at the moment.

However, they are even further away from "free AP" as you call them.

PPS: blazing shield was always a bit akward because it is an aedric spear ability that does not synergize wiht the aedric spear passives: 1) if you have a damage shield up, you don't block. 2) if things go well, it deals high amounts of damage but with no high frequency to proc lots of burning light. Personally, I am somewhat excited that Templar survivability is no longer via BShield
    Edited by Kas on 5 April 2015 23:07
    @bbu - AD/EU
    Kasiia - Templar (AR46)
    Kasiir Aberion - Sorc (AR38)
    Dr Kastafari - Warden (~AR31)
    + many others