Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Recently returned, in over his head :P

yvanbroeckpreeb18_ESO
Hi guys (and gals!),

I recently returned to the game and after briefly touching it at release due to real life circumstances I can now dedicate some time to ESO!

I'm looking for something to base my build on. I decided to roll a Breton Templar and mainly want to play as a healer in Cyrodiil. Is there any build out there that I can take as a base and go from there? I want to use my hard-earned skill points as effective as possible :smile:

Currently working with Destruction Staff/Healing Staff and 5 pieces of Light Armor along with 2 pieces of Heavy.
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you have two-hundred champion points yet? If not, go level up CP to over two-hundred then come back.

• WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Itoq wrote: »
    Do you have two-hundred champion points yet? If not, go level up CP to over two-hundred then come back.

That's a fantastically awful and unnecessary thing to say to somebody who's just coming back. Take a hike.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • WraithAzraiel
    WraithAzraiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys (and gals!),

I recently returned to the game and after briefly touching it at release due to real life circumstances I can now dedicate some time to ESO!

I'm looking for something to base my build on. I decided to roll a Breton Templar and mainly want to play as a healer in Cyrodiil. Is there any build out there that I can take as a base and go from there? I want to use my hard-earned skill points as effective as possible :smile:

Currently working with Destruction Staff/Healing Staff and 5 pieces of Light Armor along with 2 pieces of Heavy.

Check out:

http://tamrielfoundry.com/forum/classes/templar-class/

and

http://deltiasgaming.com/

Probably the 2 best sources to find builds.
    Shendell De'Gull - V14 Vampire Nightblade

Captain of the Black Howling

"There's no such thing as overkill..."

"No problem on the face of the Earth exists what can't be fixed with the proper application of enough duct tape and 550 cord."

P2PBetaTesters
    #Tamriel_BETA_Team
    #BETA_TESTER4LYF
    DominionMasterRace
    #GOAHEADTHEYGOTCANDY
    #SEEMSLEGIT
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to use my hard-earned skill points as effective as possible :smile:.

Can't do that without leveling up champion points.

Reports are in of players having 200+ CP to date. So 200 CP would be your CP leveling target to make your other leveling be as effective as possible.'

Edited by Itoq on 2 April 2015 19:30
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to use my hard-earned skill points as effective as possible :smile:.

Can't do that without leveling up champion points.

Reports are in of players having 200+ CP to date. So 200 CP would be your CP leveling target to make your other leveling be as effective as possible.'

I have no where near that and do just fine. Skill goes a long way. Don't let the nay sayers give you the wrong impression.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Vis with 150 CP fought Vis with 200 CP which would win most of the time?

Going out on a limb: say you picked the 200 CP Vis over the 150 CP Vis - why did the 200 CP Vis win?

Did the 200 CP Vis make his 'hard-earned skill points as effective as possible' or did the 150 CP Vis?

My opinion: the 200 CP Vis is much much stronger than the 150 CP Vis and if you are looking to maximize your skill point effectiveness then you need to also maximize your CP.

Whether the 150 CP Vis can ever catch up to the 200 CP Vis is another matter... After about one month 200 CP Vis is already 50 CP ahead. After another month 200 CP Vis will be 100 CP ahead. After three months...

Which all goes back to the OP's question. And the answer to that question is that the only way to use his 'hard-earned skill points as effective[ly] as possible' is to grind up the most CP as possible.
    Edited by Itoq on 3 April 2015 02:26
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    go to blackwater blade if you are below Vr1. its a great place to learn your build and its a fun campaign:)

the vet campaigns(Vr1+) are nothing but HUGE burst damage from 2Hers, snipers, and damage shield stack/spam. So, since you are a templar, I advise making use of blazing shield and the LA damage shield if you desire.

that's all the advice I can give sadly, as templar is not my main class. If ever you roll a nightblade though, I can help you a lot:)
    Edited by Cody on 3 April 2015 03:10
  • Vis
    Vis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vis would never lose to Vis. They would both bolt off looking for shorter, less risky fights.
    v14 Sorc Vae Exillis
    v14 DK Costs
    v14 NB 'Vis
    v14 Temp Fiat Lux

• pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    If Vis with 10 CP fought Vis with 200 CP which would win most of the time?

Going out on a limb: say you picked the 200 CP Vis over the 150 CP Vis - why did the 200 CP Vis win?

Did the 200 CP Vis make his 'hard-earned skill points as effective as possible' or did the 150 CP Vis?

My opinion: the 200 CP Vis is much much stronger than the 150 CP Vis and if you are looking to maximize your skill point effectiveness then you need to also maximize your CP.

Whether the 150 CP Vis can ever catch up to the 200 CP Vis is another matter... After about one month 200 CP Vis is already 50 CP ahead. After another month 200 CP Vis will be 100 CP ahead. After three months...

Which all goes back to the OP's question. And the answer to that question is that the only way to use his 'hard-earned skill points as effective[ly] as possible' is to grind up the most CP as possible.

Yes because 50 more CP points will make someone about 2% stronger then you are