Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any PvP Heavy Armor builds out there for 1.6?

billywink3b14_ESO
I'm tired of wearing LA or even medium. I know it's stupid to most but I love the look of heavy armor but I cannot find any great PvP builds using Heavy Armor. I'm interested in being very "tanky" as I understand DPS in HA is pretty "meh" so there is no need to tell me again that I will more than likely not being able to kill anyone haha!

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it! I LOVE all the classes so that's not a huge factor, although i have not had many experience with a DK so a build for a DK would be cool.

But if anyone could link me some nice PVP HA builds, any class, I again would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you :)
  • Fatalyis
    Fatalyis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Being melee based, I've found that the 3pc bonus on the Dreugh King Slayer set helped a bit with my damage output. I typically roll 5 medium / 2 heavy but I may reverse that in the near future. The key to being in full HA is getting your regen high enough to compensate your use of block (which drains fast now).
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both my DK and my NB group builds are nearly the exact same thing from 1.5-1.6, I just added 5 heavy armor. Try it out. You'll have some shortcomings with resource management, but spend a little time theorycrafting and you'll figure something good out.

rip decibel
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run a full heavy setup on my night blade. While yes as you stated the dps isn’t that great but that isn’t really a problem. With a heavy armor setup your target is more enemy’s stamina and magica bars, and applying debuffs/cc. Which end up getting them killed. For example running soul harvest + Crest of Cyrodiil + Blessing of the Potentates + reverberating bash = your target’s healing is all ways debuffed in some manner. It gets more interesting when you get combat frenzy and work a siphoning skill you end up with soul harvest up 95% of the time at the start of the fight.

There is other things like mixing siphoning attacks with defensive stance and or caltrops which in group fights can give you a lot of magica and stamina sustain when combined with other skills and light/heavy attacks. Of course this will not make you impossible to kill but with group heals + swallow soul + the ritual + the new champion system at times you can have a great deal of healing incoming assuming you don’t get debuffed.

Also if you drop caltrops point blank most people can’t get out of the area quickly without trying to sprint or roll which will drain their stamina. And if they do you can just stun charge them and make their day worse.

Some other things to consider is taking a bow + double take + siphoning attacks + venom arrow if you go bow for the 2nd weapon. It may sound funny but this setup turns you into a venom arrow machine gun of sorts. Which yes in heavy you will do little damage but with Crest of Cyrodiil and forcing casting targets to use break free you can create a good deal of havoc which can let your teammates take advantage of the situation.

There is a lot of other setups and tricks too; but those few listed will hopefully give you some ideas.
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my DK I've updated the marku build I used from 1.5.
    Armor is: 2 pieces Ravaging, 4 pieces Hunding's, 1 piece Shalidor's.
    Jewelry is: 3 pieces Ravaging with stamina reduction.
    Weapons are: Hunding's greatsword, Shalidor's sword & shield.
    Two handed bar is: execute, brawler, stampede, igneous shield, forward momentum, ferocious leap.
    Sword/shield bar is: burning breath, unstable flame, shield charge, GDB, shield reflect, meteor.

I put all my attribute points into stamina & use health enchants on armor. I have 24k health & stamina and 12k magicka. In large fights where you have friendly healers you can stay in the thick of things pretty well & dish out damage with the two hander. It also does pretty well in small fights or solo, too.

There is noticeable survivabilty with the heavy armor, but it's easy to run out of stamina if you're not careful. I use igneous shield to return stamina when I get low. I'll probably make a set of medium Hunding's to test the stamina management.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • Slimsmoke
    Slimsmoke
    Hi poxheart can you plz link your build? I am searching for a 1h+shield / 2hand stamania build and yours sounds good :) of course anybody else can post a build like this I am a pure scrub :)
  • Poxheart
    Poxheart
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slimsmoke wrote: »
    Hi poxheart can you plz link your build? I am searching for a 1h+shield / 2hand stamania build and yours sounds good :) of course anybody else can post a build like this I am a pure scrub :)

Not sure what you're asking for. All the skills & gear used are in my post.
    Unsubbed and no longer playing, but still checking the Alliance War forum for the lulz.

Pox Dragon Knight
    Poxheart Nightblade
    The Murder Hobo Dragon Knight - Blackwater Blade
    Knights of the WhiteWolf
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    My DK is a full-on tank and I'm successfully running as a powerful s&b/resto heavy-armored magicka DK. Take my setup as you wish.

Sabatons - v14 - Seducer - Reinforced - Magicka
    Girdle - v13 - Footman - Exploration - Health
    Cuirass - v14 - Seducer - Reinforced - Health
    Helm - v14 - Seducer - Reinforced - Stam
    Pauldrons - v14 - Seducer - Reinforced - Magicka
    Gauntlets - v13 - Footman - Divines - Magicka
    Greaves - v14 - Seducer - Reinforced - Magicka
    Mace - v14 - Hist Bark - Defending - Disease
    Shield - v14 - Hist Bark - Reinforced - Stam
    Resto - v14 - Seducer - Infused - Absorb Magicka
    Necklace - v13 - Footman - Reduce spell cost
    Ring 1 - v14 - Footman - Reduce spell cost
    Ring 2 - v14 - Footman - Reduce spell cost

All armor/weapons/jewelry/enchants purple.
    Mage mundus stone.
    v10 trifood.
    v5 tripots (I tend to go through these like a Khajiit with skooma... Just my playstyle, but it helps a lot).
    Attributes: 0 Magicka/(can't remember, but what isn't put into Stam goes here) Health/20 Stam.
    Dunmer.
    Werewolf.
    All DK, s&b, resto, heavy, soul magic, fighters guild, undaunted (only have 1 unlocked atm), alliance war (only have 3 unlocked atm), and racial passives.

s&b bar: Gdb, Absorb Magic, Choking Talons, Hardened Armor, Flame Lash, Ferocious Leap ult.
    Resto bar: Gdb, Rapid Maneuver, Caltrops, Mutagen, Igneous Shield, Ferocious Leap/Standard of Might ults.

The only thing I truly have a problem with for this build is no gap closer. However, having absorb magic over invasion helps to improve the tankiness, so I don't stress over the loss of my gap closer *too* much.

Gdb and hardened armor *must* be kept up the whole time to help with Stam regen and reduce the dmg you take. Absorb magic should only be used if you're fighting casters, as it only affects spell projectiles and those spell projectiles can heal you, and using it otherwise only wastes your Stam. Just don't use it too much in order to avoid draining your Stam, in case you have to CC break for something like fear. Its passive dmg reduction while blocking and block cost reduction are amazing throughout though. Of course, talons for root and flame lash for at least SOME sort of dmg. Rapid is just there for getting around easier and for preparing to rush the breach in a keep. Caltrops are fun to use on a large group of enemies, but be careful since this uses a sizable amount of Stam. Mutagen is a good, cheap heal; the more health they have to eat through, the better, and it can help when you're low on health. Igneous shield is great for both the shield and the increased healing. Using this before using mutagen and/or gdb provides amazing heals.

Ferocious Leap is a cheap ult good for getting those resources back when you're on the verge of death and providing a nice dmg shield to bolster your defenses. I only really use SoM when I'm taking a flag, but even that's sorta iffy. However, the healing reduction to enemies is useful, as is the extra dmg output and reduction in dmg received when on SoM.

I can personally run into a group of 3-20 and last 20-140s (EDIT of the EDIT: That's not to say that you'll die every fight, just I was using these numbers because yesterday while 5-20 AD were trying to take a resource yesterday in Had, and I was amongst them, it was typically how long I was lasting while being targeted with meteors, Templar death beams, soul strikes, snipes, etc by several EP at once. Then there were times where we took over some keeps and I survived the entire time. It just depends on numbers on both your side and the enemy's) depending on if I have buddies with me and if I'm mainly the one being targeted. However, survivability depends on the player's skill, so maybe don't rush headlong into 20 enemy players expecting to last 40s+ the first or even second time. It takes practice. I prefer to block most of the time, which just drains my stam, but it does a lot to help in the case of survivability.

I cannot stress enough that high armor/spell resist and dmg mitigation are key to this build's success. The more armor/spell resist/mitigation you have, the less resources you have to spend overall healing yourself, and a good pool of Magicka is necessary to keep those buffs up. With all buffs up, I typically run at 30k armor, ~30k health (in Cyrodiil), 17k Stam, and (I think) 19k Magicka. (Why so heavily focused into high armor and dmg mitigation? http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/158960/tanking-with-the-lt-champion-points-and-block-cost-reduction-for-tanking can tell you why. Thank you Personofsecrets for both testing all this out, and creating the thread!)

Like I said, do what you will with the build. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

EDIT: This build definitely isn't set up to take anyone down, so DPS will be almost non-existant and 1v1s become real pains. It's designed to take massive dmg while causing havoc amongst the enemy's back lines. With the high survivability and little DPS output, fights can get quite lengthy, I've noticed. :confounded:
    Edited by SafiyerAmitora on 23 March 2015 19:00
    Legend || Mizery Records || Black Market Wares
    Aeilith ~ AD L50 Khajiit magicka NB dps/max crafter (NA)
    Naraiya ~ AD L50 Altmer magicka Sorc dps (NA)
    Dont Die Like I Did ~ DC L50 Khajiit magicka Templar heals (NA)
    Bring The Pain ~ AD L50 Dunmer magicka DK tank (NA)
    An Achílles Heal ~ AD L50 Breton magicka Templar heals (NA)
    One Two Gank A Few ~ EP L50 Bosmer stam NB dps (NA)
    Your Lást Mistáke ~ DC L50 Altmer magicka NB dps (NA)
    Rekts All Noobs ~ DC L50 Redguard stam DK dps (NA)
    Reaper of Salt ~ EP L50 Khajiit stam Sorc dps
    The Réktoning ~ AD L8 Dunmer magicka DK dps
    Avaraiya ~ AD L25 Altmer magicka Warden tank
    Nafatiri ~ EP L24 Argonian magicka Warden heals
    Once Upon An OP Magden ~ EP L3 Altmer magicka Warden dps (NA)
    Updated: 08/01/2018
    759 Champion Points || ESO Member since Apr 2014
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Best Sets for DK PvP tanks are ember shield and valkyn skoria atm. ;)
    PC EU - DC only
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was running full Heavies or 5H 2M before 1.6, and now i'm testing 7 Med to boost my damage....

...to be honest, im thinking of having 5M 2H now just to have a tiny bit more survivability. the damage lost isn't that great, and Heavy boosts is pretty great in 1.6.

I don't mind losing a bit of crit just to get health regen and more armor. there's even a passive for extra damage too!

But seriously, it's interesting to see what everyone thinks on medium + heavy. I think Heavy does not suck as much as it was before.....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Slimsmoke
    Slimsmoke
    @SafiyerAmitora THX for your build :)
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heavy armor magika build > heavy armor stamina build
  • Draehl
    Draehl
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a poor experience with heavy armor on my NB since starting with the combo in 1.6- It has worked rather well in PvE but it doesn't offer enough protection to the currently ridiculous burst in PvP. 5 light/2heavy with Resto + Shield(for Absorb Magic/armor) FAR outperforms all the Heavy armor + staff combos I've attempted. 5 heavy + shield is just too much turtle for a hybrid build and fails on magicka regen (since you're lacking the ranged light attack on both bars for Siphoning procs). I'm still tweaking on the 5l/2h version as its a bit too squishy and offensive, but I'm toying with 3 ideas:

1) Completely dropping siphoning attacks and opening up 2 slots for offense/utility respectively. Mirage + Mark Target or Mirage + Lotus Fan/Shield Charge (for Fear bombing) will fit in well here.

2) Replace the reduced spell cost jewelry enchants with armor enchants.

3) Shift my second non-seducer set bonus (3x spellpower bonuses right now) to something more defensive.

I'm feelin' 1 and/or 3 will be the most effective when my testing is complete.

Anyway, I'm not trying to talk you out of it if you decide to try on NB, but wanted to make some other options obvious in case you wanted to try for a pseudo tank light/heavy mix. I'm personally very fond of the idea of 5h/2l with Resto + Destro, but it just doesn't have a hope of realistically competing. Being able to spam Healing Ward + Shadow Cloak combo or Crippling Grasp on runners can be invaluable and offers an intangible level of defense/utility that again, heavy armor doesn't stack up to in PvP compared to the regen/cost reduction of light. In some situations no level of mitigation can help you, while being more liberal with certain skills can.
    Edited by Draehl on 28 March 2015 21:13
    Main: Breton Nightblade "Shadow Cleric" (Sustained Damage/offhealer) 5L/2H - Resto + S&B
    Alt: Argonian Dragonknight (Stam DoTs/Tank) 5H/2M - S&B + Bow
    Alt: Nord Templar Berserker (Rawr) 5M/2H - Dual Wield + Two Hander
    Alt: Altmer Sorceror (Pewpew) 7L - Destro + Resto
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭
    Slimsmoke wrote: »
    @SafiyerAmitora THX for your build :)

You're welcome; happy to help. :blush:
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm tired of wearing LA or even medium. I know it's stupid to most but I love the look of heavy armor but I cannot find any great PvP builds using Heavy Armor. I'm interested in being very "tanky" as I understand DPS in HA is pretty "meh" so there is no need to tell me again that I will more than likely not being able to kill anyone haha!

If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it! I LOVE all the classes so that's not a huge factor, although i have not had many experience with a DK so a build for a DK would be cool.

But if anyone could link me some nice PVP HA builds, any class, I again would greatly appreciate it!! Thank you :)

Look at any stamina-build medium armor builds.

Swap the armor with heavies.

You'll get some reduced damage, but you'll survive a LOT longer.

With heavies, you get a lot of health perks. Regen, max health, increased resistance, etc... at the cost of losing some stam-cost-reduction and overall damage. BUT you do get block-cost-reduced AND melee damage BONUS. So your loss isn't as great as most people think.

Personally, i started my stam build with all heavies (thats how i roll in v1.5 and prior), but now soft cap is unlocked, i switched to medium and saw my numbers flies through the roof. Then i tried going 5 hundings HEAVY and kept the 2 Ravaging pieces, and wow.... it's pretty deadly. both sets above gives weapon damage. (i dont pve much so i dont have those fancy raid sets...)
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer DK

2 piece scourger (med helm + light shoulders). Any monster set that does damage works fine too.
    3 heavy ravager
    2 heavy fire
    2 ravager rings
    Master greatsword
    potentates neck sword shield (keep your main ultimate on this bar, obv)

(you can swap out fire + master sword for ravager sword + dreugh king as well, this actually results in more raw weapon damage, at the cost of the master double enchant and effect)

All stam redux enchants. All health enchants armor, all stam to attribs

werewolf

immovable health stamina crafted potions (very expensive)

Weapon power over 2000 (bursts to over 3000 with rally + ravager proc)

Bar 1 (sword and shield, this is your buff bar) - Vigor, GDB, Igneous Weapons, (flexible skill, I swap between unstoppable, evil hunter, and igneous shield here), Flames of Oblivion = Corrosive Armor
    Bar 2 (your damage bar) - Rally, Critical Charge, Wrecking Blow, Brawler, Flames of Oblivion = (ultimate of choice, I use shifting standard, flawless dawnbreaker would maximize damage)

Use brawler on packs, wrecking on singles, add corrosive armor for maximum lulz

Tank like a beast, rally + vigor = nothing short of massive burst will even touch you. Keep GDB up full time to keep stam recovery up. People that blob on you only add to your strength via scourger purple beam of lolz. Only block when you HAVE to, and rely on brawler shields to absorb the bulk of the damage you do sustain. Cycle immovable potion with immovable heavy skill to minimize CC effects on you. (i find the potion is normally enough, the skill is too expensive for what it gives you but if you find yourself with infinite resources with a templar repentance healer with you, definitely use it)

Put all points in champions you have into whatever increases stamina recovery, heavy armor, and lower stamina costs (mainly), but wherever you put them doesnt matter too much as long as its for physical damage/mitigation.

Works real good in PvP. In PvE it doubles as both a tank spec and a DPS spec (9-10k single, over 30k AOE) as long as you manage your stamina properly and have a good healer so you dont have to burn all your stam on vigor/rally.

Edited by Rylana on 29 March 2015 08:11
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Dunmer DK
    Works real good in PvP. In PvE it doubles as both a tank spec and a DPS spec (9-10k single, over 30k AOE) as long as you manage your stamina properly and have a good healer so you dont have to burn all your stam on vigor/rally.

With a pocket healer, every build is good man. However, I use similar build on my templar and it's totally viable except heals.. You need someone to heal you. Vigor and Rally alone won't save you from high burst. Coz you need to block and dodge aswell and this means empty stamina.

I used to use same build in 1.5 too. It was perfectly working in there and your class heals, buffs and shield weren't so horribly bad. Maybe with more CPs it will work in 1.6 too, idk.
    Edited by Soris on 29 March 2015 18:58
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris_ESO wrote: »
    Dunmer DK

With a pocket healer, every build is good man. However, I use similar build on my templar and it's totally viable except heals.. You need someone to heal you. Vigor and Rally alone won't save you from high burst. Coz you need to block and dodge aswell and this means empty stamina.

I used to use same build in 1.5 too. It was perfectly working in there and your class heals weren't so horribly bad. Maybe with more CPs it will work in 1.6 too, idk.

Dont forget GDB when the going gets rough. Yeah with this build its very limited on the number of casts, but thats a big chunk heal in the clutch. Really its about keeping that corrosive up as much as possible, and holding magicka for the time in between ultis and pots. Vigor and double tapping rally goes a long way with heavy (because outside of the exploiters using the bugged stuff, heavy tends to negate "burst" turning it into "pressure" damage, that I can handle).

The part about the healer was for PvE mostly, a templar running repentance in between packs of trash = a literal wrecking ball I become.
    Edited by Rylana on 29 March 2015 18:24
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I forgot GDB heals based on missing health, you right. And corrosive armor... Nothing to disagree on that.

Templar style is dead though with all the nerfs on self defence and healing. I couldn't find anything good like before. At least for now, with limited CP.. But somewhat "working" in 1v1 duels where you have less pressure on you. Still need more testing though.
    But it was much much better in 1.5. God knows how bad I miss that. It was such unique and beautiful. Arrg.. :(
    Edited by Soris on 29 March 2015 19:00
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • EnOeZ
    EnOeZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

With heavies, you get a lot of health perks. Regen, max health, increased resistance, etc... at the cost of losing some stam-cost-reduction and overall damage. BUT you do get block-cost-reduced AND melee damage BONUS. So your loss isn't as great as most people think.

Personally, i started my stam build with all heavies (thats how i roll in v1.5 and prior), but now soft cap is unlocked, i switched to medium and saw my numbers flies through the roof. Then i tried going 5 hundings HEAVY and kept the 2 Ravaging pieces, and wow.... it's pretty deadly. both sets above gives weapon damage. (i dont pve much so i dont have those fancy raid sets...)

No, there is no bonus melee damage with heavy armor (Juggernaut passive). No more.
    It's gone since 1.6 and have not been updated in many sites.

Heavy pays the (slightly) higher survivability price with the double penalty of worst DPS and worst resource management.

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EnOeZ wrote: »

No, there is no bonus melee damage with heavy armor (Juggernaut passive). No more.

Heavy pays the (slightly) higher survivability price with the double penalty of worst DPS and worst resource management.

Normally id agree with that overall, but without softcaps, health regen is actually a thing now. Combine rally, vigor, and a health regen of 600+ and youre looking at (on a stam build) of 3000+ HPS just off those dots/regen (vigor does most of it)

In order to do significant damage to that heavy tank, you have to get past block, armor, shields (if using brawler) and then that massive HPS barrier. Not exactly easy for anything not purely glass cannon, which is exactly what I hope people bring to the fight, because glass shatters quite quickly.

The weakness of the build is CC actually. Force breakfrees and burn stam like you normally would on a DK. Honestly the damage I can put out is pretty massive if you get in close. Didnt trade off damage dealing, just avoidance/mobility.

The build isnt designed for running around in a zergstack, its designed to lead a group into a pinch, anchor, possibly penetrate the backline and cause chaos. Ive taken it out many times and seen similar results. A dk like this cant actually be ignored like you might assume, because if I am, i will start wrecking your LA/staff backliners. Im sure I could do more long term damage with medium, or roll dodge for days, but thats not the point of the build, I want you to hit me, I want you to blob me, I want you in my face as much as possible.
  • kokoandshinb14a_ESO

Normally id agree with that overall, but without softcaps, health regen is actually a thing now. Combine rally, vigor, and a health regen of 600+ and youre looking at (on a stam build) of 3000+ HPS just off those dots/regen (vigor does most of it)

In order to do significant damage to that heavy tank, you have to get past block, armor, shields (if using brawler) and then that massive HPS barrier. Not exactly easy for anything not purely glass cannon, which is exactly what I hope people bring to the fight, because glass shatters quite quickly.

The weakness of the build is CC actually. Force breakfrees and burn stam like you normally would on a DK. Honestly the damage I can put out is pretty massive if you get in close. Didnt trade off damage dealing, just avoidance/mobility.

The build isnt designed for running around in a zergstack, its designed to lead a group into a pinch, anchor, possibly penetrate the backline and cause chaos. Ive taken it out many times and seen similar results. A dk like this cant actually be ignored like you might assume, because if I am, i will start wrecking your LA/staff backliners. Im sure I could do more long term damage with medium, or roll dodge for days, but thats not the point of the build, I want you to hit me, I want you to blob me, I want you in my face as much as possible.

You are correct about health regen, but vigor us going to be out of reach for most people.
  • SafiyerAmitora
    SafiyerAmitora
    ✭✭✭

You are correct about health regen, but vigor us going to be out of reach for most people.

*sigh* No kidding. Even my highest alliance ranking char just unlocked revealing flare/magicka detonation just last night, and I've been PvPing for 5 months. Albeit casual PvP, but it's still quite a bit of PvP nonetheless.
  • Oughash
    Oughash
    ✭✭✭✭

I've actually been theory-crafting a regen build using some combination of the following sets:
    1pc BloodSpawn
    1pc Dwemer
    4x Oblivion's Foe
    3x Way of Air
    3x Potentate
    4x Shadow Walker

Werewolf

DK -- utilize GDB for stam and health regen, Elder Dragon passive