Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with my DK magicka build

Tonturri
Tonturri
✭✭✭✭✭
Now that I have your attention, please help me out with my PvP build :D

To note, I do PvE as well, so this is partially a result of me not having enough skill points to spend in medium armor (yet >.>). I -do- want to get a medium armor bow build up eventually just for the fun of it, but I hope to primarily play a magicka build.

I am planning on using my vr14 DK and going

5 Light Armor - 2 impene, 3 reinforced. My question here is concerning impenetrable: is 2 sufficient? Should I use less or more?
2 Heavy - both reinforced. Chest and greaves.

Seducerx5 and Torugx3 with all spell damage on jewelry - possibly one with reduced cost. Jewelry will be the Dominion/whatnot rings that give ~80 spell damage on the 2set, and 700ish health each. Necklace is a Healer one. I intend/hope to be able to off heal in the same armor set. However, I don't want to hit like a wet noodle, and don't know how much my damage will be effected by running Seducer instead of another set.

Magnus gives spell damage instead of more regen, which looks nice. I have Martial Prowess, and while they have nice spell damage, the traits are kinda awful - would using them be viable while slotting 2 heavy armor pieces?

Bars
Igenous Shield - Pondering stacking this with Healing ward > Igneous -> Bone Shield. Thoughts?
Elemental Drain - I know it's more of a PvE ability, but I really like the spell res debuff + Magicka return when I smack the target with Force Pulse. I
Entropy - Heal and, I'm hoping, could possibly take care of any lack of spell damage I have.
Force Shock
Petrify (gonna morph to Fossilize when possible - does the other morph have any value?)
Ult - Ferocious Leap.

Burning Embers - I put it there cause I couldn't think of anything else. I looked at Bone Shield, just t ohave something on my bars taht uses stamina. I also thought of switching it out with Igneous Weapons.
Mutagen
Scales! Weee!
Healing Ward - this or Dragon Blood. I currently have it morphed to Green Dragon Blood, but I'm starting to like the look of the other morph - increases healing taken by 8% at base level. That, combined with the 30% more healing from Igneous Shield, looks pretty attractive. Anyone have experience with the other morph? Does the % healing gain go up with each level?
Hardened Armor.
Ult - Standard of Might. Pondering Magma armor with the 100% armor pen while active. Does it apply to spells as well?

I do know it has a rather large lack of AoE in there - I would replace Ele Drain or Entropy with Pulsar, and try to stick Eruption somewhere on the second bar. And then try to get away with equipping Valkyn Skoria once I get a Heavy version of the head piece (Currently have heavy shoulder, medium head ;-;)

I'm also wondering about Battle Prayer and slotting it instead of Muta or Hardened Armor. The 8% increased damage + heal + 900 ish spell res and armor looks quite nice.

Have the morphs of Stonefist changed at all? last I remember, it could either be morphed to a ranged knockdown (like crystal frags, but weaker!) or give armor on cast. If they are the same, a ranged knockdown would be a good ability to slot instead of Burning Embers.

Anyway, thoughts, criticism and so forth are all very much appreciated :)
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magma armor only ignores physical resistance. I tested it on the pts and was really disappointed in that. The tool tip should not say that it ignores armor because armor now provides spell resist.

Rapid regen heals way more so it's much more efficient and low maintenance. 900 armor is a .9% damage reduction, which if you are using shields it becomes useless as shields have no mitigation and it's impossible to crit a shield. If you don't nest ward with igneous then the shield will be blown and with no significant heal given. GDB should be better than ward because it gives stamina recovery and trust me you will need a lot of stamina because break free will be on a 5 second timer.

I think reflect should be on your main bar, and I would try to find a way to get igneous weapons or the other morph in there to work with fossilize. Fossilize them, cast igneous, then full heavy attack > force pulse.

I would drop burning embers due to the range. With a destro staff you have the advantage of range, don't lose it with a melee skill. Talons might be a better choice so that you can keep your ranged advantage.

If you are going with the skoria set take razor armor instead. On cast it puts out an aoe dot that can trigger skoria. It's also really good for popping people out of stealth.
    Edited by Armitas on 23 March 2015 21:54
    Retired.
    Nord mDK