Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Champion system, VR gear/crafting, VR zones?

Arato
Arato
✭✭✭✭✭
Okay I am REALLY confused about how this is going to work.

If the veteran system is going away and being replaced by the Champion system, how is that going to affect gear that has VR requirements? If it will no longer have VR requirements and instead all be level 50. What's the point of having 5 tiers of level 50 gear? Why wouldn't people go straight from Ebony at level 46-48, to Voidstone at level 50, skipping Calcitite, Galatite, and Quicksilver?

How are you going to scale vs enemies that are in your second and third alliance zones as well. Currently they go up a veteran rank per zone, how will that change in the champion system?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They haven't confirmed that it is going to be outright replaced. Many people believe that the Champion System is being added in parallel to Veteran Ranks.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its the same you also need to level up champion points same as VR levels
    so instead of VR10 zone you will have level 50+10 Champion Level zone
    Options
  • fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    fromtesonlineb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    Okay I am REALLY confused about how this is going to work
    That's because ZOS have provided no details so endless pontificating around here by people who have no idea but feel the need to prattle about it any way.

Sit back, relax, and wait for ZOS to actually say something concrete about it, no one round here knows anything more than ZOS said at Quakecon.

Options
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is, people speculate but we have not much details. They clearly said at quakecon that champion system WILL replace vr system and shown some champion perks. Other than that, we know very little about vr zones and gear
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welka wrote: »
    The thing is, people speculate but we have not much details. They clearly said at quakecon that champion system WILL replace vr system and shown some champion perks. Other than that, we know very little about vr zones and gear
    They have also clearly said that veteran points are being replaced by XP to direct levelling of veteran ranks. Therein lies the confusion.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Options
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well no, my understanding is that the XP will go towards the champion system, since the veteran system is going altogether

It's very frustrating to have no comm on the subject from ZOS. The whole thing is confusing and most info we have is from speculation.
    Edited by Welka on 28 July 2014 12:50
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well no, my understanding is that the XP will go towards the champion system, since the veteran system is going altogether

It's very frustrating to have no comm on the subject from ZOS. The whole thing is confusing and most info we have is from speculation.

This discussion I had with @Laura sums up the confusion quite well:
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Laura wrote: »
    they are NOT taking the veteran ranks out and you will earn champion points while you rank up.

It is still under speculation that all gear may be set to 50 though.

There is an extensive interview on esotr about this

@Laura Have you got a link to that interview? It definitely hasn't been made very clear whether the end-result Champion system is an outright replacement to Veteran Ranks or being added as a parallel.

Personally I would like it as a parallel, that way there is both the horizontal progression of Champion Ratings and the vertical progression of Vet Ranks.

@Enodoc

http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleearth.com/2014/07/11/episode-118-update-3-w-paul-sage/

this interview is long and I don't remember where he said it but I know he explicitly said they are NOT removing veteran ranks when it was asked in the interview.
    That's great, thanks. +1 to the count of "parallel" then :P
    Parallel leads 3:1 over replacement
    Having just listened to the whole section on the Veteran System update, I still think it's ambiguous. @ZOS_PaulSage only said they are not removing Veteran Ranks when Veteran Points are exchanged for XP (Phase 2). He still hasn't said what happens to Veteran Ranks at Phase 3, when the Champion System is introduced, aside from that Champion Points will be gained by XP.
    He did make a mention to "everybody level 50 and above", and also mentioned [paraphrased:] "introducing new Season gear that is not restricted by level", which both to me suggest that Veteran Ranks (above 50) and Veteran Gear will still exist.

I just wish someone @ZOS would come and give clarification. Even if they come and say that they haven't answered the question yet because they haven't completely decided whether to do away with VRs completely.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌, @ZOS_GinaBruno‌, please, try and find out for us whether Champion Points are an outright replacement or a parallel system to Veteran Ranks.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌, @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ we're still waiting on that clarification :P
    Options
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually it looks like I was wrong, recently they did an interview with another dev and it sounded like they are getting rid of the veteran ranks. Still a solid answer would be welcome.
    Options
  • Welka
    Welka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I think it's best to sit and wait until we get something concrete to chew on. It's pretty clear though that most are getting curious/exited about this new system and every one is in need of details
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually it looks like I was wrong, recently they did an interview with another dev and it sounded like they are getting rid of the veteran ranks. Still a solid answer would be welcome.
    Oh, OK then :P Then I would also like to know how the comparative "progression" through the VR zones will work. If they are replacing vertical progression with horizontal progression through Cadwell's zones, where will the sense of achievement from going through those come from? I don't want a gear treadmill through these zones... (Levelling up from VR1 to VR5 is much more of an achievement and reward than that blue thing you get from the quest.)
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically there are two aspects to your questions as far as I understood it:

Do I still get exp once I hit level 50, resp how can I get even stronger?

Basically you will stay level 50 (or VR12 I'm not sure about that, I assume that the EXP you earned up to VR12 will be returned to you in champion points) and you will no longer earn EXP but instead you will now earn champion points, which you will be able to spend to a certain system which will grant you specific combat stats, for example 1% shock resistance. This system is account wide.

They said something about making changes to the gear in veteran zones, what did they exactly mean?

All the gear you have now will stay exactly the way it is. The point is as the game lives on there will be increasingly powerful gear available, which will make it harder for new players to catch up with the old ones. In order to reduce this effect they make older gear easier to obtain (i.e. some gear might even be sold by NPC's). This will make the new gear less OP but still significant to go for it.

Hope that helps.

Greez,

Sublime aka Letherblaka
    Options
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.. not really at all. because I didn't ask anything about xp.

I asked about why there are going to be 5 tiers of gear at level 50. It seems rather silly.

What's the point of calcitite, galatite, and quicksilver (and their wood/cloth/hide equivalents) when you can go straight from ebony to voidstone?
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see, I think they have three options:

1. Categorize players by the amount of Champion Points they have already earned and require a certain amount of points to equip a certain tier of gear (complete assumption).

2. Make all tiers available for all players that have reached level 50.

3. Remove all but one tier of gear.

Greez,

Sublime aka Letherblaka
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

they are NOT taking the veteran ranks out and you will earn champion points while you rank up.

@Laura Have you got a link to that interview? It definitely hasn't been made very clear whether the end-result Champion system is an outright replacement to Veteran Ranks or being added as a parallel.

Personally I would like it as a parallel, that way there is both the horizontal progression of Champion Ratings and the vertical progression of Vet Ranks.

@Enodoc

http://elderscrollsotr.mymiddleearth.com/2014/07/11/episode-118-update-3-w-paul-sage/

this interview is long and I don't remember where he said it but I know he explicitly said they are NOT removing veteran ranks when it was asked in the interview.
    Having just listened to the whole section on the Veteran System update, I still think it's ambiguous. @ZOS_PaulSage only said they are not removing Veteran Ranks when Veteran Points are exchanged for XP (Phase 2). He still hasn't said what happens to Veteran Ranks at Phase 3, when the Champion System is introduced, aside from that Champion Points will be gained by XP.
    He did make a mention to "everybody level 50 and above", and also mentioned [paraphrased:] "introducing new Season gear that is not restricted by level", which both to me suggest that Veteran Ranks (above 50) and Veteran Gear will still exist.

I just wish someone @ZOS would come and give clarification. Even if they come and say that they haven't answered the question yet because they haven't completely decided whether to do away with VRs completely.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌, @ZOS_GinaBruno‌, please, try and find out for us whether Champion Points are an outright replacement or a parallel system to Veteran Ranks.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌, @ZOS_GinaBruno‌ we're still waiting on that clarification :P
    Once the Champion System has been fully rolled out, it will replace Veteran Ranks. Don't worry, we'll go into much more detail as we get closer to releasing this new system. It's still being developed, though, so there are still some unknowns.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Arato
    Arato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina is this more of a 2015 thing than a 2014 thing?
    Options
  • Phantax
    Phantax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arato wrote: »
    Gina is this more of a 2015 thing than a 2014 thing?

I might be getting mixed up with something else but didn't they say around the time of update 5 ?
    Which would def make it a 2014 thing

:/
    High Elf Sorcerer VR12 - Destro / Resto Staff
    I'm a werewolf. If you vamps don't like it.... Bite me !
    We're not retreating... we're advancing in a different direction !
    Options
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭

@Enodoc

Once the Champion System has been fully rolled out, it will replace Veteran Ranks. Don't worry, we'll go into much more detail as we get closer to releasing this new system. It's still being developed, though, so there are still some unknowns.

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Is there any chance *pleads* we can get clarification if XP earned at VR12 will be retroactive towards champion points? I'm VR12 and want to keep questing but I don't want to waste all of this XP if it won't count towards champion points when its released.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
    Options
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaRae wrote: »

@Enodoc

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

Is there any chance *pleads* we can get clarification if XP earned at VR12 will be retroactive towards champion points? I'm VR12 and want to keep questing but I don't want to waste all of this XP if it won't count towards champion points when its released.

They did already say that they would. That wasn't in question.
    Options
  • LunaRae
    LunaRae
    ✭✭✭✭
    LunaRae wrote: »

@Enodoc

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌

They did already say that they would. That wasn't in question.

Everything I've read said experience gained up to VR12 will be rewarded back as champion points. I've never heard or read language that implies earning experience while at VR12 will also be earned back. Instead of responding with a simple "they said so" post a link to the answer above and I'll be happy enough.
    Stands-Strong-As-Snow ~ Argonian Templar DC NA V14
    Ytheri ~ Argonian Nightblade EP Thornblade NA V14
    Heals-All-Colours ~ Argonian Templar EP Thornblade NA V14
    Stands-In-Still-Waters~ Argonian Sorcerer EP Thornblade NA V2
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Enodoc

Thanks Gina! Hooray for some clarification. Now we need to find every other thread about this and clear it up there too...
    Options
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I hope is, that the "season" items, which will come with the Champion System, will not make crafing, especially the crafted sets, "useless" for endgame.
    It would really be sad, if in endgame, crafting would primarily been used für grading up your season items. I really hope, that "season" items mean, that you need a Special ingredient for crafting the best gear, which is hard to obtain in the current season, and easy to get when the next season begins.
    But an extra material for each season... mh also tricky, as we already Keep so much crafting stuff in our storage...

Just writing down my thougts, what do you people think about it, are there any plans for this our devs may perhaps talk about?

greets, Almariel
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
    Options