Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

I got a new shield...

ZiRM
ZiRM
✭✭✭✭✭
That has that (red question mark- error code) where the picture should be. The shield is invisible but it works just like every other shield. People keep asking why I'm just using a one handed weapon but can use the shield skills. I've even been told I'm getting reported for hacking by one person LOL!
Player gets banned for ESO bug! News at 11...
Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • RomedyMC
    RomedyMC
    ✭✭✭
    @NiRN Pix please!
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RomedyMC wrote: »
    @NiRN Pix please!

zCy5hEU.jpg

Edited by ZiRM on 21 May 2014 18:32
  • Millitum
    Millitum
    ✭✭
    I had the exact same issue with The Shield of the Unassailable. I reported the item every day when I logged on, for four days continuous. Haven't heard a thing back, and the item is still bugged out. I also have a bunch of trophies that have the same issue, reported them nearly a month ago, and they still aren't fixed.

Fact is, ZOS has larger issues to deal with right now, than the cosmetics of their game. The shield still works and serves it's purpose, so at this point it is very like, low on the totem pole of issues to fix ASAP. Annoying as it is, you'll be replacing that shield within the next few levels, so you just have to live with being the shieldless wonder for a little bit longer.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I'm not complaining.. just funny. I think it's funny how people are so quick to accuse you of hacking etc. I think it's kind of cool, I reported it also as a bug.
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same with a sword, but it didn't even have a level and really low stats.
    It did 'research' just fine, but I reported it via /bug
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like finding things such as this. In due time they will be fixed, so I screen shot and enjoy while it lasts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda cool specialy on a sorc.
  • jkbennettb14a_ESO
    jkbennettb14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »
    Yea, I'm not complaining.. just funny. I think it's funny how people are so quick to accuse you of hacking etc. I think it's kind of cool, I reported it also as a bug.

Yes, I can't imagine in a game that so vehemently bans cheaters on the spot, why for the love of the tribunal, why anyone could possibly think you could get away with hacking/cheating. Oh wait...wrong game, yes I can. ;)
    Edited by jkbennettb14a_ESO on 21 May 2014 22:56
    On Class Balance
    The real dilemma is that; Powdered doughnuts are overpowdered, the chocolate doughnuts are too chocolaty, and the coconut crunch doughnuts have more coconut than all other doughnuts. This is OUTRAGEOUSLY unfair to other doughnuts!

So from now on, all you special snowflakes get is nasty plain doughnuts...enjoy!
  • Selstad
    Selstad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny thing is, I reported that item already back in beta before Christmas, and again on the 2 betas before the release, and yet again when it went live.

I guess they haven't gotten through to fixing it yet :)
  • morashtakb16_ESO
    morashtakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue, same bug report, same outcome (still waiting).
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Woah, invisible shield. Kinda neat, but definitely not intended. We're looking into this. Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • RomedyMC
    RomedyMC
    ✭✭✭
    Woah, invisible shield. Kinda neat, but definitely not intended. We're looking into this. Thank you!

Once again, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is my fave.

@NiRN - Those pics were worth a good laugh. Thank you!
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    I have this shield too but never noticed it was invisible! (never equipped) That's kinda cool. maybe it should be renamed to: Unassailable The Invisible

EDIT: Funny how some are saying 'OMG ZEN YOU KNOW FIX SHIELD', when there are clearly bigger issues going on that the developers are giving attention to.....
    Edited by zeuseason on 22 May 2014 15:40
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I reported this over three weeks ago on lower version of this same shield, and you're just now looking into it?

- Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
    - Adventurer Across a Decade
    - Hit Hard. Hit Fast. Hit Often
    - BETA Group: 85 b 9
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    Love the pics. I would love to see you in action with your shield. It must be like you have a metal replacement arm, reaching out and bashing your enemies and blocking attacks with your forearm... Suddenly I think of Will Smith in that robot movie.
  • rich_nicholsonb16_ESO
    I've had loads of these, mainly shields but some weapons also, i just sell them or dismantle them. I found they are normally quest rewards when your in the vet zones or loot from vet quest bosses.

If i get them again i shall report them in game.
    Patch 1.2.3 nerfed the game....
    Zergballing wrecked pvp......

Now waiting for Camelot Unchained!!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Ulvich wrote: »
    I reported this over three weeks ago on lower version of this same shield, and you're just now looking into it?

Did you use /bug in the game or post it here on the forums?

Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • AshleyLee
    AshleyLee
    ✭✭✭
    actually @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ I know i reported this back in beta. Its been like that a long time and i have /bug it since live as well. just chaulked it up to another thing on the ESO bucket List :wink:
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, sure did. I still have the shield stored on a bank alt.

- Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
  • etherin77
    etherin77
    ✭✭✭

it shouldnt matter where its been reported, ZOS should have people on both ends looking into it
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AshleyLee wrote: »
    actually @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌ I know i reported this back in beta. Its been like that a long time and i have /bug it since live as well. just chaulked it up to another thing on the ESO bucket List :wink:

Reported in Beta though?.... now that's neglect. I know there are bigger problems that need fixing first but is there any rhyme or reason to the way they are fixing this game?
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Ulvich , Zos_Jessicafolsom was asking which? Did you report here on the forums? or did you Use the ingame Bug report? Or did you do Both?
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Ulvich
    Ulvich
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ulvich , Zos_Jessicafolsom was asking which? Did you report here on the forums? or did you Use the ingame Bug report? Or did you do Both?

I sent in a bug report in game.

- Monster Slayer
    - Savior of Nirn
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Myself... I use the in game reporting system for bugs unless I don't get any results and then I sometimes report it on the forums like I did here with this bug.

@Reenlister
    Lol yes! It does look like a bionic arm bashing down the enemies.
  • User
    User
    ✭✭
    In case you haven't noticed, there's also the lv. 50 version.
    bug.png
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    etherin77 wrote: »

it shouldnt matter where its been reported, ZOS should have people on both ends looking into it

Actually, it does. The forums are almost never the correct place to report bugs unless the game developer has a specific forum set up to report game bugs.

That being said, it is always a good idea to alert other users (via a forum post) to the issue so that they will be aware, and can also report it, if they have the same issue.

Forum Moderators are not Developers. They can, and do, pass on information to the Team Managers, but usually not as official bug reports.

Just check out the job duties as outlined on the ZeniMax job postings:

http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/665

"Evaluate and escalate player concerns from all areas to Director or Manager"

This means that they pass the information on to their boss (Forum Manager), but they do not create bug reports for users as an official report to the Developers.

• ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see they fixed this problem in the last patch 1 outa 2000 aint bad?