Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Gear sets whilst levelling a Healer

Emian
Emian
Soul Shriven
Hi,

I am level 33 as a templer healer. I am playing slowly, levelling all crafts, doing all quests/dungeons/world bosses etc.

I have taken to crafting the Seducer (-3% spell costs) and Magnus (5% to cost no magicka on spell) every 4 levels or so, so currently wearing level 32 of both sets. I can usually do both sets as mostly greens with the odd blue.

Basically I am wondering if the benefits I get from these sets are really worth the use of materials needed to boost the green and blue, or really am I just better off using dropped and regular crafted gear until I get to say the VR levels, where levelling is meant to be a lot slower. I generally feel quite powerful, dungeons aren't too hard and am 3 levels above where I should be (just started the 4th zone at level 33)

I'm leaning towards simply ignoring sets until the VR levels, but wonder if people with greater number crunching knowledge, or simply game experience, think that during now and 50 they are actually worth the cost and bother.

Cheers
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    They're nice to have from 1-50, but they're not at all game-breaking if you don't. I would say focus more on unlocking the ability to craft them than wearing them at this time. Different story in vet content of course.

I wore the Warlock set in my twenties, ya' know since it drops like rain, and I saw it proc so few times that I wasn't at all shy about taking the pieces off when upgrades came along. Would love that set now though... sigh.
    "QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
    Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
  • ShadowWolf613
    ShadowWolf613
    ✭✭✭
    should have kept the warlock set. I regret taking that one piece off.
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm using the exact same set up. Crafting a new Seducer and Magnus set every even level. Creating grants IP and you'll be hard pressed to find a better, world drop alternative, short of Warlock. Of course this will change once six and eight trait sets become available.
  • Emian
    Emian
    Soul Shriven
    Cheers all.

I appreciate that the sets are better than drops, my concern is that I am using up all my tempers on gear that doesn't last very long. Think I'll try drops and normal crafting for a bit and see how it pans out, save my tempers for VR where I am assuming i'll need every trick I can get my hands on :)
  • OFC_it
    OFC_it
    ✭✭
    At level 36, My armor started decaying so rapidly it became a disposable item. A good food buff is better than armor anyway.
  • Sleepwalker
    Sleepwalker
    ✭✭✭
    Emian wrote: »
    Cheers all.

I appreciate that the sets are better than drops, my concern is that I am using up all my tempers on gear that doesn't last very long...

Fair concern, but I wouldn't worry too much about needing tempers. If you invest points into the craft(s) to increase the chance of getting them as well as decreasing the number required to improve the gear (and get your hireling), you'll be up to your neck in them by the time you hit 50. Improve your gear to "uncommon" (green) only until then.
    "QUIT CRYIN'! Do some pushups or something!"

Grayfield - V2 Breton Nightblade
    Windspike - 40 Bosmer Sorceror
  • Emian
    Emian
    Soul Shriven
    Emian wrote: »
    Cheers all.

I appreciate that the sets are better than drops, my concern is that I am using up all my tempers on gear that doesn't last very long...

Fair concern, but I wouldn't worry too much about needing tempers. If you invest points into the craft(s) to increase the chance of getting them as well as decreasing the number required to improve the gear (and get your hireling), you'll be up to your neck in them by the time you hit 50. Improve your gear to "uncommon" (green) only until then.

funnily enough that's what I've started doing. only using green, ignoring sets and replacing costly repair needed gear with said greens :)
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Good post! I'm in the exact same boat but haven't been crafting that specific gear.
  • Elgarr
    Elgarr
    ✭✭✭
    After seeing a 5 set added to Twilights embrace is 5% spell crit + 3 pieces of willows path which is a further 5% crit, added that to the 2/2 Prodigy passive, you at 20% crit chance before you even use mage light.

It hurts or it heals very well imo regardless :)