Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crocodiles can't swim. LOL!!!!!

Blackwidow
Blackwidow
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I was being attacked by a few crocodiles right after I had finished a fight, and was about to die. I backed away while firing at them. I backed all the way into some water.

The crocs stopped at the shore. Crocodiles stopped attacking in the water.

Stopped.

Crocs, stopped.

Water.

Still trying to get that wrapped around my head.....

Great job ZOS.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure if serious.

but if is then game mechanic left out all water combat.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    They didn't want to moist their scales.
  • Empty_Emotions
    They can swim just fine. However, centuries of battling with slaughter fish have made them extra cautious about deep water. If you swim out further, you'll understand their hesitation.
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can swim just fine. However, centuries of battling with slaughter fish have made them extra cautious about deep water. If you swim out further, you'll understand their hesitation.

I was in a small lake. No slaughterfish. :)
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I once came across a croc that dropped some pants when I killed it. So maybe it just couldn't figure out how to swim with pants on.
  • GreySix
    GreySix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, swimming is a sure-fired way to get away from any enemy, unless they can hurl fireballs or arrows at you ... and so long as you're out of the slaugherfish zone.
    Crotchety Old Man Guild

"Hey you, get off my lawn!"
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skeevers can.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »
    Skeevers can.

Please post a video of this. :)
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭
    So you were swimming wearing full set of armor and having your weapons equipped but what felt strange was that the crocodile didn't attack... (just humor o:) )
    Edited by PharmaChief on 21 May 2014 17:21
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So you were swimming wearing full set of armor and having your weapons equipped but what felt strange was that the crocodile didn't attack... (just humor o:) )

Cloth armor. Staff.

Yes. :)

Your arguement that because some aspects of reality are not real, none should be, is not a good argument, BTW.
    Edited by Blackwidow on 21 May 2014 17:24
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No water based combat so anything that attacks in melee range won't enter water if it's in combat mode.

Ranged attackers will still fling things at you though.

Oh, and Slaughterfish get to fight in water .... nerf Slaughterfish.
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭
    Blackwidow wrote: »

Cloth armor. Staff.

Yes. :)

Your arguement that because some aspects of reality are not real, none should be, is not a good argument, BTW.
    But you were probably holding about 60-80 items in your pockets... many of them probably heavy... :o
    Its not an argument when its humor...that being said ,if you are looking for realism maybe try national geographic... this is just a video game
    Edited by PharmaChief on 21 May 2014 17:32
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know why MMOs are abandoning water these days. I always love to explore underwater areas (in other ES games, and in the EverQuest franchise). Not sure why other games chose to abandon it. I mean, the original EverQuest had this back in 1999. It's not like it can't be done...
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    I don't know why MMOs are abandoning water these days. I always love to explore underwater areas (in other ES games, and in the EverQuest franchise). Not sure why other games chose to abandon it. I mean, the original EverQuest had this back in 1999. It's not like it can't be done...

QFT.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run into deep water, most things will stop chasing. It's great programming.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Zakua
    Zakua
    ✭✭✭
    Fight or flight in this games kinda different...it's actually fight or swim
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was being attacked by a few crocodiles right after I had finished a fight, and was about to die. I backed away while firing at them. I backed all the way into some water.

The crocs stopped at the shore. Crocodiles stopped attacking in the water.

Stopped.

Crocs, stopped.

Water.

Still trying to get that wrapped around my head.....

Great job ZOS.
    That's ok, Slaughterfish will get you.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Worstluck
    Worstluck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use this mechanic all the time. 10 mobs chasing you? Just find some water!
    Worstluck - Breton Nightblade "Some of us refused to bow. We knew the old ways would lead us back to having a kingdom of our own."
    ―Madanach
    Elfluck - Dunmer Dragonknight "When I will walk the earth again, the Faithful among you shall receive your reward: to be set above all other mortals forever. As for the rest: the weak shall be winnowed: the timid shall be cast down: the mighty shall tremble at my feet and pray for pardon."
    ―Mehrunes Dagon
    Deadluck -Imperial Templar "Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour"
    ―Uriel Septim

Daggerfall Covenant
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    if you are looking for realism maybe try national geographic... this is just a video game

Again, not a good argument. Everyone needs some realism in their game or none of it would make sense.

If you saw crocs suddenly start to fly and you posted that, you would not like your own reply.

Think about it.

If you are watching superman and suddenly he had the power to grow to fifty feet tall, that would not be in that realm of realism.

So, yes you can live in a fantasy world and expect that world to live by some rules.
    Edited by Blackwidow on 21 May 2014 21:00
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »

WoW had Vash'jir, an undersea zone. No worries about drowning after the first quest (which can be done pretty quickly, given the long breath-meter they put in.)

A lot of people didn't like it, because apparently it seems to screw with people's sense of false depth or something (I can't see depth, so can't really relate.) It was a very pretty zone, the storyline wasn't too bad (a bit draggy though) for such a combat-oriented game, but a lot of people really hated on it because of the problems they had even with a tab-target system!

I can only assume the 3-D environment coupled with false 3-D illusional depth with more or less modern graphics confuses binocular vision?
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "WoW had Vash'jir, an undersea zone.

Yes, but nobody is talking about full WOW zone underwater, just TES underwater.

I just want to be able to go underwater, like on Earth. Right now I can't even stick my head underwater.

Maybe find a treasure chest or a secret passage to a dungeon.
    Edited by Blackwidow on 21 May 2014 23:44
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭
    This is also the first game I've ever seen where horses cannot swim.... Like...just...wat...

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xilc wrote: »
    This is also the first game I've ever seen where horses cannot swim.... Like...just...wat...

Huh?
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭

Huh?

Your horse will dismount you if you bring it into the water. For Elder Scrolls this is a first, as horses could swim in Oblivion and Skyrim.

p.s. Why did you not include my beautiful image in your quote? Was it not good enough for you?!
    Edited by Xilc on 21 May 2014 23:57
  • Blackwidow
    Blackwidow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your horse will dismount you if you bring it into the water. For Elder Scrolls this is a first, as horses could swim in Oblivion and Skyrim.

I never used a mount in Skyrim once I saw you could not stay in first person mode. I forgot you could use the mount in water in Oblivion.

Sad how much TES is being stripped as each game progresses.
    p.s. Why did you not include my beautiful image in your quote? Was it not good enough for you?!

One man's trash... :)
  • Xilc
    Xilc
    ✭✭✭

I never used a mount in Skyrim once I saw you could not stay in first person mode. I forgot you could use the mount in water in Oblivion.

Sad how much TES is being stripped as each game progresses.

I actually agree with this. It was a little weird how you can't remain in FPM, both in skyrim and this game. It's kind of annoying actually, to switch to 3rd person every time you mount the horse :|

• Squishy
    Squishy
    ✭✭✭
    Try swimming in Cyrodiil : - )
    Edited by Squishy on 22 May 2014 06:23
    "In 2014, a possible bot was sent to coldharbour by a military GM for a crime she didn't commit. This argonian promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Ebonheart underground. Today, still wanted by the developers she survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a bot problem, if no one else can bite you, and if you can find her....maybe you can hire The SQUISHY."
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Um, no, definately no.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »
    Skeevers can.

Please post a video of this. :)
    @Blackwidow‌

Don't know how, running a mac. I can't remember whether it was the Ogrim grinding area in Coldharbor or in Auridon. There was a pool of water that is deep enough to be disengaged from combat, yet the skeevers dived in and kept hitting me.

I swear they're underwater, though the game mechanics say they're capable to engage.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

• Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is she the actress for Star Wars? That evil chancellor guy with Force Shock.
    Edited by Aeradon on 22 May 2014 10:39