Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Anyone Interested in Playable Necromancy Related Additions?

Gedalya
Gedalya
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm interested in seeing Necromancy related additions to the game that are playable; such as a Guild, skill lines, or even just related additions to the Dark Magic skill line for Sorcerers. Anyone else interested in seeing this? I've seen some discussions here and there that mention it.

I would also like to see with the new Guilds that are incoming, namely the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood, that actions in one guild relate to the others; for example Necromancy is forbidden in the Mages Guild and in the other ES games if you did something in the Thieves Guild it would negatively reflect for the Fighters Guild and Mages Guild et al.. As it stand the Guild system has a Cart Blanche feel; and with new character creation it only makes sense to join the Mages Guild, Fighters Guild, and Undaunted to get the skill trees as there is no negative implication of one on the other.

Also, I really enjoy eating bacon, it's super good.
Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    I'm most interested in necromancy but I don't want to see it as a sorc thing only. I play a templar and I think that we should have the option too. There's many games with dark healer types. They could definitely work in necromancy at some point. For now, I'd rather see fixes than any new content/changes but this is something I'd really like. Other than being a vampire or a werewolf (which I'm not really interested in), there's not much of a choice to give your character a dark feel. You have to be a ''good guy''. I don't mind being good to people but using dark arts to accomplish what needs to be done would be cool.
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm most interested in necromancy but I don't want to see it as a sorc thing only. I play a templar and I think that we should have the option too. There's many games with dark healer types. They could definitely work in necromancy at some point. For now, I'd rather see fixes than any new content/changes but this is something I'd really like. Other than being a vampire or a werewolf (which I'm not really interested in), there's not much of a choice to give your character a dark feel. You have to be a ''good guy''. I don't mind being good to people but using dark arts to accomplish what needs to be done would be cool.

Actually that is an interesting thought; have Necromancy play out like the Vamp/Werewolf skill lines in that it is for higher level characters; and the nice thing here is ideally we wouldn't see people selling bites for it :P

Also I agree with patches for bugs.
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • BBSooner
    BBSooner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO it should be treated like fighters guild/vamp and wolf. Necromancy should be an optional school of magic and the mages guild having specific ways of being effective against it - since its a common theme for the mages guild to hunt necromancers.