Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Craglorn = V10 or not?

Pewpie
Pewpie
✭✭✭
Is craglorn for v10 or not? I don't think i see any good info this.

Have they made a content update for V10, then its a joke! Hey lets spend thousands of bucks and hundereds of manhours of work to build new content for 1% of our players (that are going to quit the game since they will speedplay through the new content and find themselves bored in a week).

Just hope its for a bigger audience this update they do now. Why not just let the endgame rushers quit and focus on making the game run smooth, bugfree and without latency (eu server) instead. You will not loose money from V10 people quitting because of lacking endgame compared to the rest of the playerbase quitting because of unplayable game!

Most people will NEVER get V10 in the current setup. I got bored in mid V2 and started an alt instead. Vet ranks are utterly BORING to grind and it really *** up experiencing the game that you could do better with an alt character.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It has been said from the start, Craglorn can be entered at v1, but quests and mobs will be scaled at v10
  • rusila22
    rusila22
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure of this info>>>>As zeni said you'll be able to do craglorn as a V1.

I'm not sure of this info>>>> But if you watched the video you could see a monster V12 which means As a V1 you'll receive a lot of damage.
    Edited by rusila22 on 21 May 2014 11:20
    Rusila CP :600
    Title : Monster Hunter
    Currently : Beta Tester in Morrowind
  • countesscrownub18_ESO
    I agree with you here. This is crazy. They are literally making less then 1 percent of their population happy when 80 percent or more is pissed about the exploits and bots. *shakes head* I don't get it.
    Edited by countesscrownub18_ESO on 21 May 2014 11:51
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can go to the level 45 area as level 3, nothing stop you in the game, however you will be killed fast.
    Same with Craglorn. One option remains, it the overland areas in Craglorn. I assumes this will work as the rest of the game so VR1-3 could kill the VR10 mob in the area
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • deathrament
    As one of those less then 1% players (its not 1% btw) i'm happy!!
  • Pewpie
    Pewpie
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you here. This is crazy. They are literally making less then 1 percent of their population happy when 80 percent or more is pissed about the exploits and bots. *shakes head* I don't get it.
    Indeed. And the fact they make content for VR10 instead of fixing things that the 80% think is important, really pisses people off even more so.

Normally you would be a happy with a content update that you don't need to pay extra for, but when it is delaying important other updates it is the opposite reaction.

• Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    *Edited: We do appreciate jokes but this one could be misinterpreted*

Impersonation:
    We do not tolerate impersonation of any kind in the official ESO community, and take impersonation attempts very seriously when they do occur. Impersonation includes using a display name, photos, posts, or any other material with the intent to fool people into believing you are a ZeniMax Online Studios employee, another community member, a celebrity, or anyone else you are not.
    Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on 21 May 2014 17:58
    "Neither a 'Borrower nor a Lender' be."
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
    Please check out Enchanting Alchemy - A Progression Guild
  • Pewpie
    Pewpie
    ✭✭✭
    Turial wrote: »
    Zenimax sent me an email with a response for you :P
    Have we made a content update for V10, then its not a joke! Hey lets spend thousands of bucks and hundereds of manhours of work to build new content for all of our players who continue to play the game (that are not going to quit the game since they support us not find themselves bored each week regardless of what we add).

Why not just let the endgame whiners quit and focus on making the endgame.
    Most people will get V10 in the current setup. If they got bored in mid V2 and started an alt instead well that is their choice.

Above quote is satirical and should be viewed as such.

At least you took the huge effort of writing a post that probably took more work than everything else combined in this thread... great work. Your moma will be proud.
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, I just quoted your post and changed a few words. It was quite fun and after reading your original post I fully agree that I put more work into what I said. My 'momma' would be proud too.

The fact of the matter is that there is content there already but you are not willing to experience it. When Crag launches you will have another complaint about something, then another, and another until finally you make your goodbye thread in the forums. I have seen it before, many times. Either play the content that is there or don't, but don't whinge about wanting it both ways.
    Edited by Turial on 21 May 2014 13:04
    Never Forget

I think you have not been on the internet long enough until you have been rick-rolled.
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I right in thinking it is all for group play? like the whole expansion. That seems odd to me. This may be an MMO, but don't you know that there are unsociable bar-stewards like me that play these games. What the hell am I to do?

Does this mean you are going to make another map, full only of one player raids and crafting nodes? Well? Fair is fair!
  • tawok
    tawok
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not. I really hope they revamp end game as we know it, and change the other faction zones to just achievements or extra skill points from quests. It really needs to be optional. It doesn't make sense lore-wise and progression takes a nose-dive.

Being able to do VR1-10 in Craglorn/PVP would be a good start.
    Leader of Stand by Your Van

Find me online @Tawok
    On steam at Apocky+Tawok
    Streaming On Twitch
    On the Tube

Hayl: Sword & Board DragonKnight
    Tawok: 2h Aedric Templar
    Hyll: Summer Sorcerer Extraordinaire
  • Turial
    Turial
    ✭✭✭
    Tannakaobi wrote: »
    Does this mean you are going to make another map, full only of one player raids and crafting nodes? Well? Fair is fair!

No, I don't believe they have any intention of turning this into a MSO.
    Edited by Turial on 21 May 2014 13:38
    Never Forget

• Azarul
    Azarul
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I right in thinking it is all for group play? like the whole expansion. That seems odd to me. This may be an MMO, but don't you know that there are unsociable bar-stewards like me that play these games. What the hell am I to do?

Its not an "expansion" its a content patch. Think of it as just a top tier raid. They are always for group only. They will be adding single player content in the next big patch. Dark brotherhood and Thieves Guild.
  • Lovely
    Lovely
    ✭✭✭
    Somehow, I don't really understand what VRs are meant to be.

How I used to view post max-level experience: you get to max and then the other experience you get is not wasted but added up. And while it adds up slowly, you get some bonuses. Which don't affect your performance very much but at least the xp doesn't go to waste.

But they are not like that in TESO. It's requirement. For gear for example. I have never heard a post max level experience be a gear requirement. Which means what - that VR is part of leveling. And painfully slow leveling at that.

So yeah, while I was looking forward to TESO's raids, I'm bored with leveling (VR4 atm). I won't be VR10 by the time Craglorn is out. Which means I won't see it. Because no raid leader in their right mind would gimp himself with below level characters. Oh well.
    Edited by Lovely on 21 May 2014 14:28
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pewpie wrote: »
    Is craglorn for v10 or not? I don't think i see any good info this.

Have they made a content update for V10, then its a joke! Hey lets spend thousands of bucks and hundereds of manhours of work to build new content for 1% of our players (that are going to quit the game since they will speedplay through the new content and find themselves bored in a week).

Just hope its for a bigger audience this update they do now. Why not just let the endgame rushers quit and focus on making the game run smooth, bugfree and without latency (eu server) instead. You will not loose money from V10 people quitting because of lacking endgame compared to the rest of the playerbase quitting because of unplayable game!

Most people will NEVER get V10 in the current setup. I got bored in mid V2 and started an alt instead. Vet ranks are utterly BORING to grind and it really *** up experiencing the game that you could do better with an alt character.

Try VR12 :)
  • Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point in even being mad about Craglorn? If you aren't VR10 yet, you still have plenty of content left as you level up. It's not like they're taking away lower level content and replacing it with VR10 content. Craglorn will give you even more to do once you hit VR10.

Seems like people are complaining about something that isn't an issue just for the sake of complaining.
  • tawok
    tawok
    ✭✭✭
    Opioid wrote: »
    What's the point in even being mad about Craglorn? If you aren't VR10 yet, you still have plenty of content left as you level up. It's not like they're taking away lower level content and replacing it with VR10 content. Craglorn will give you even more to do once you hit VR10.

Seems like people are complaining about something that isn't an issue just for the sake of complaining.
    No. People are complaining about this laughable timesink that is VR. Your progression takes a nose dive, you're doing the other factions quests for some reason. It was said that VR levels and the other factions quests would be optional, and the cherry on top is that you can't get VR1-10 any other way.

As said above, since VR levels offer skill and attribute points, no sane raid leader would take anything other than tuned to the max characters. Making VR12 effectively a requirement to enjoy end game.
    Leader of Stand by Your Van

Find me online @Tawok
    On steam at Apocky+Tawok
    Streaming On Twitch
    On the Tube

Hayl: Sword & Board DragonKnight
    Tawok: 2h Aedric Templar
    Hyll: Summer Sorcerer Extraordinaire
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭
    tawok wrote: »

No. People are complaining about this laughable timesink that is VR. Your progression takes a nose dive, you're doing the other factions quests for some reason. It was said that VR levels and the other factions quests would be optional, and the cherry on top is that you can't get VR1-10 any other way.

As said above, since VR levels offer skill and attribute points, no sane raid leader would take anything other than tuned to the max characters. Making VR12 effectively a requirement to enjoy end game.

I believe they said they will raise the amount of xp gain from pvp and pve in Cyrodiil with the new update that comes with Cralgorn. We may now be able to advance vr levels in Cyrodiil, avoiding quest grinding. Also i am sure that Cralgorn will be playable even before we reach vr10 so hopefully we will be able to get the final ranks there.
    I am not yet in vr ranks but i hope i ll be able to advance my avatar playing mostly PvP and PvE missions in Cyrodiil, plus the veteran dungeons. That way the rest of the zones content will be left intact for me to start another character
  • Tannakaobi
    Tannakaobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was a joke, obviously they will not make 1 player raids... my point was that past 50 many people don't have much to do.

VR quests just do not cut it. Honestly, if they don't sort out another way to level VR they will lose players. That is a simple truth. PVP is the obvious way forward along with a better group finder. With better XP in PVP and group based content.

• Opioid
    Opioid
    ✭✭✭
    tawok wrote: »

Ok, so that basically boils down to people being mad that they can't get to level cap in a week or less. Honestly, it's a good thing, it gives people plenty of time to learn how to play their characters and figure out all the various skills at their disposal. I'd rather see that than everyone power-leveling to VR10 in 4 days and jumping straight into end-game content. The fact that some people don't like how Veteran content sends you through other faction zones is simply their own opinion. Personally, I like it. It means that I don't have to grind up 2+ alts to experience all the content in the game.

As for no one taking anyone under-leveled into end-game content, that's no different than it is in any other MMO on the market. No one wants under-leveled, under-geared raid members as they become a liability.
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need multiple scaling levels for craglorn

V1 - V3
    V4 - V6
    V7 - V9
    V10 - V12

Everything else will lead to disappointment.
  • txfeinbergsub17_ESO

You will be happy until the 99% leaves.

• frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

They feel the grind from V1-V10 doing the other factions quests are boring and takes away from making alts in different factions. That seems to be the majority of the two complaints about the Veteran Content.

Dont forget the Vet Xp is to be "more than doubled" so the grind should not feel as bad. Every MMO has some form of a grind so this is it for now. Least you have something to now look forward to. Before you get to V10 and your like hooray! im V10...now what? Now you can get to v12 and have the trials to look forward to to get the rewards you want.
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭

By the way, are there many people playing VR zones or does the world feel empty there? VR is considered end game content and usually that is expected to be more social compared to normal leveling. If VR players are forced to play endless solo questing in an empty world then i understand where all those complaints come from.
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By the way, are there many people playing VR zones or does the world feel empty there?

It's quiet as a graveyard and feels empty.

Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Erlindur
    Erlindur
    ✭✭✭
    The real problem, at least in my mind, with Craglorn being a VR10-V1R2 area, is the linearity of the level progression and how it is tied to a map. Let me explain.

Right now the game goes up to VR10. A new map comes in and it is naturally VR10+. With the same logic, the next expansion will be VR12+ and so on. And here comes the problem. Imagine that in six months for example, we have a bright new expansion with lots of maps, some of them solo. Are they going to be VR15+? Are they going to introduce levels 50-60?

What will be a new player's path to cap by then? If it stays linear, then it's 1 to 50, then the VR1-10 grind, followed by the group oriented Craglorn and then enter the new expansion? Will a solo player be able to skip all this an just move to the new solo map? And if he does, is his new gear better than a gold VR12 piece? How is crafting going to progress? Do I have to enter Craglorn to get mats before I can move to the expansion's level of crafting?

I just hope they have figure it out or else it's going to be messy.
  • PharmaChief
    PharmaChief
    ✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »

By the way, are there many people playing VR zones or does the world feel empty there?

It's quiet as a graveyard and feels empty.

I don't know... Graveyards in Tamriel are anything but quiet... :o
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You mean its not?

Whod have thunk.
  • MrDosu
    MrDosu
    I dont understand a simple criticism that gets constantly raised:

Howso is veteran levelling boring compared to the rest of the game when it is EXACTLY the same mechanic as 1-50, just a lot more challenging difficulty wise?

Should it not be more exciting? Do people want easier content (wich is viable, a lot of people prefer casual play with less chance of failure)? Am i missing something?
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think people are missing the fact that this is simply the "first" content patch. It happens in this one they are introducing V10-12, plus group questing plus 12 man raids (along with various fixes, balancing etc.) It is not the "only" content patch ever, nor the last. I won't be using craglorn for while but I am completely happy it is being put in. I fell sorry for producers sometimes, it is a no win situation forums wise no matter what they do