Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

a resolution maybe .......

krosis468
krosis468
Well in utter disguised 4 or 5 days ago I logged out. This was primarily due to the bots and gold sellers via mail and spam. Today I logged in did a few things logged and came back several hours later. So I do some quests random node harvesting, didn't see any bots. figured maybe they fixed it, until I'm killing a bandit and I see the head and top of a mining pick poking up from under the ground where you can't get the name. So that gets me to thinking on alternate resolutions to the problem.

Well the simplest resolution to the problem that stops the bots is to remove all the harvestable resources from the game until they disappear. The down side to this action is to have a gold cost associated to raw resources for purchase by the appropriate vendor. Blacksmith sells ore, alchemist sells herbs/water, tailor raw cloth, etc. . Granted this isn't something that I would like to persist in the game but if you take the food away from the beast it normally starves to death. 1 gold per 1 resources isn't a bad start as an alternative and if it gets rid of the farming trains i'll endorse it.
Krosis
  • krosis468
    krosis468
    DISGUST not disguised
  • Spiritreaver_ESO
    Spiritreaver_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    krosis468 wrote: »
    Well in utter disguised 4 or 5 days ago I logged out. This was primarily due to the bots and gold sellers via mail and spam. Today I logged in did a few things logged and came back several hours later. So I do some quests random node harvesting, didn't see any bots. figured maybe they fixed it, until I'm killing a bandit and I see the head and top of a mining pick poking up from under the ground where you can't get the name. So that gets me to thinking on alternate resolutions to the problem.

Well the simplest resolution to the problem that stops the bots is to remove all the harvestable resources from the game until they disappear. The down side to this action is to have a gold cost associated to raw resources for purchase by the appropriate vendor. Blacksmith sells ore, alchemist sells herbs/water, tailor raw cloth, etc. . Granted this isn't something that I would like to persist in the game but if you take the food away from the beast it normally starves to death. 1 gold per 1 resources isn't a bad start as an alternative and if it gets rid of the farming trains i'll endorse it.
    Krosis

Your possible solution would not be acceptable. It punishes legit players for the indiscretions of the sellers and their customers-the cheaters.