Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran Ranks!

Maximis_ESO
Maximis_ESO
✭✭✭✭
I'm worried for this game. I know a lot of friends and guildmates that have already left the game.... mostly because of VR.

1. You can't PVP and level effectively through VR.
2. PVE is the only way to go and it is a very long grind, I have been listening to quests and I'm at 6 days played and only VR2.
3. The VR system seems to have been thrown in last minute and only to please those that wanted to venture to other factions on one character.
4. Faction pride is lost, what is the point of my Ebonheart Character? I don't every hear anything about it through the VR. I was all prideful during my faction but after that I'm no longer an ebonheart member.
5. The mystery that surrounded other factions like it did in DAOC is lost.
6. Did I mention that VR ranks are thrown in quickly to add more PVE content? I mean we are wearing the same armor through all 10 ranks which blows. They couldn't even change the aesthetics of it.

You don't need to make it easier but give us options. I get no XP from exploring in VR the kills give ***. I end up skipping mobs, not exploring anything. just do caves, dolmens, and main quest. Everything else is terrible and the PVP gives terrible XP aswell. People can play how they want but can't level how they want. It is very frustrating and ZOS needs to find a balance. Don't make it easy just give the players more options, right now you only really get 1 choice and that is to quest through other factions lands even if you don't want to and you just want to stick with your faction.
  • Enkil
    Enkil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's fine that those players that want to do everything on same character have an option to do so.

However, I would guess that the vast majority of players do not want to do this. I know I don't.

The problem is the Devs are designing new content that pretty much requires everyone to drudge through that recycled content.

Change Craglorn to VR1 - VR10 and problem solved.
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or have each respective 'counter-faction' be the 1-10 also, so that your alt isn't getting a gag reflex in Stonefalls or w/e. Maybe add zone events or something fun to spice it up. I hardly see fissures anymore and they're more of a nuisance, same as dolmens if I've already done them.

And agree 100% on pvp XP and faction pride. I'm an EAGLE dammit!!!

Gear-wise: i feel like the gaps between VR needs to be much more substantial. There is literally no point worrying about making new stuff except maybe weapons for every 1-2 VR levels.
  • Doomraven
    Doomraven
    I really wish they would dramatically increase the rate of xp you gain through PvP.
  • steveb16_ESO46
    steveb16_ESO46
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enkil wrote: »
    I think it's fine that those players that want to do everything on same character have an option to do so.

However, I would guess that the vast majority of players do not want to do this. I know I don't.

The problem is the Devs are designing new content that pretty much requires everyone to drudge through that recycled content.

Change Craglorn to VR1 - VR10 and problem solved.

The realisation that VR is just doing the actual stories of the other factions, just harder and for almost no reward, has me looking to buy into the archeage alpha. And I'm saying this as a big fan of this game. I want to take alts through each story. If I go into other areas then I expected it to be to do something different. That's what I thought was going on.

This is basically a crock game design decision. I want to continue levelling in a different way.
  • Ser Lobo
    Ser Lobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'd be happy with some home-faction specific quests in each zone. Spy work, sabotage, etc.
    Ruze Aulus. Mayor of Dhalmora. Archer, hunter, assassin. Nightblade.
    Gral. Mountain Terror. Barbarian, marauder, murderer. Nightblade.
    Na'Djin. Knight-Blade. Knight, vanguard, defender. Nightblade.

XBOX NA
    Ruze is a veteran of the PC Beta, lived through the year one drought, survived the buy-to-play conversion, and has stepped foot in the hells known as Craglorn. He mained a nightlbade when nightblades weren't good, and has never worn a robe. He converted from PC during the console betas, and hasn't regretted it a moment since.

He'd rank ESO:TU (in it's current state) a 4.8 out of 5, loving the game almost entirely.

This is an multiplayer game. I should be able to log in, join a dungeon, join a battleground, queue for a dolmen or world boss or delve, teleport in, play for 20 minutes, and not worry about getting kicked, failing to join, having perfect voice coms, or being unable to complete content because someone's lagging behind. Group Finder and matchmaking is broken. Take a note from Destiny and build a system that allows from drop-in/drop-out functionality and quick play.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did explain it that you should see the war from the other factions view, which I think is a brilliant morale cookie and more people should think about. :)

Even though 'helping' the other faction my char has found out that he can choose the lesser good option in a quest that will not benefit their cause100%

I am v3 and currently love the questing though everyone does not like that, like me who hardly touched pvp, yet.

In other mmos(I have not played alot) but there have always been monster grinding to the end of boringness and I think this system is so much more fun and interacting.

I kill alot of monsters now too, but it does not feel like a chore but necessary because I want to reach that ore he is guarding or so, sometimes I go on killingsprees for fun, not because I have to kill monsters for exp.

I have been veteran around 2 weeks, read somewhere that it would take 9 days to get to v10 ^^

What could an alternative to questing be, that would not make you reach top level even faster?

I did a run around with a guy clearing all the skulls, dungeons and anchors on the map some of shich I had already done and got decent exp, is that not a good grind to get exp for that want to kill for it?
    Raised monster expbwill still benefit questers who kill while doing quests, some will be dissapointed by that.

Specific higher exp areas where every kill count more? Infested with bots after a while possibly?

More exp from world dungeon runs?

Or something else?

Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA