Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Does damage from enemies break NB stealth?

joshisanonymous
joshisanonymous
✭✭✭✭
A lot of people point out that Shadowy Disguise often ends abruptly, but is this a bug or does damage from enemies cause this to happen? I don't notice it often at all in PvE, where enemies stop attacking me the moment I use the ability, but it happens way too much in PvP, where enemies can keep swinging.

I asked this a while ago and no one responded at all. Surely someone playing the game must know the basic mechanics for this ability?
Fedrals: PC / NA / EP / NB

• Kewljag_66_ESO
    Kewljag_66_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think most NBs use it. i dont. I just use sneak to open with a sneak attack. Shadow Disquise is a big magika drain, i would much rather use those resources to do 2 vielled strikes in that fight.

Now for your question while fighting enemies that use it i am not able to target them and basic swings dont seem to hit them, but like i said, once they use it a few times and come out of it they have no magika to fight back
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use Shadowy Disguise religiously. It is seen in PvP a lot as well. I just hit vet areas and with not a lot of AoE options for a nightblade I have to use stuns to manage my targets.

I have been playing around with sword and board as a NB so I generally use this rotation:

Invasion (Stun) - Heavy Attack (knockdown) - Ransack (40% Less Armor), Surprise Attack (another 40% less armor) - shadowy Disguise - Surprise attack again (stun) - repeat

I also have leeching strikes on at all times and will implement a few light attacks after i put my armor debuffs on the enemy which help regen my magica and stamina. I run full Medium armor as well and right now have a 32% weapon crit rate.

It has been working well for me, if i have two mobs to kill I may invasion one mob to stun him, shadowy disguise then surprise attack the second mob to stun them and go back and fourth til they are dead. When available I use my Soul Tether Ultimate.