Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Skyshards

Cybrdroyd
Cybrdroyd
✭✭✭
I just used a map detailing all the locations of all 16 skyshards in auridon. I found every one of them, but no achievement. Anyone else run into this problem?
The road leads ever onward...

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds strange, if you look at skyshards under domenion->auridon you will see a list over all, its pretty easy to forget some.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • SDZald
    SDZald
    ✭✭✭
    Open your Journal click on the Achievement icon, select Skyshards, then check each region in your faction and the ones you have missed will be grayed out. This also works for things like Dark Anchors, quests, etc.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once visited a Skyshard that didn't indicate it was active, meaning I could have thought I'd already used it but I knew I hadn't and indeed I was able to Use it and get credit. Only once, don't recall where but I mention it as one possibility if you also thought you'd done it.
  • stefaan.de.wasch1b16_ESO
    If you mean the Skyshard addon as "used a map" ... that addon has it's issues. Some zones don't have all of them marked on the map. As the other have said, I'd check my Achievements to make sure you have all of them
    Edited by stefaan.de.wasch1b16_ESO on 20 May 2014 14:59
    The statement "if you put enough monkeys behind enough typewriters... sooner or later one will produce the works of Shakespeare" has sadly been proven utterly wrong by the internet...
  • Catflinger
    Catflinger
    ✭✭✭
    I thought I'd gotten all the skyshards in Stonefalls, but one was still hiding, obscured in a dungeon behind the torch icon (I'd done the dungeon but had missed the shard). Just go over your map with a fine tooth comb and see if it's something like that eluding you.

• AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you mean the Skyshard addon as "used a map" ... that addon has it's issues. Some zones don't have all of them marked on the map. As the other have said, I'd check my Achievements to make sure you have all of them

Ah, I used Dulfy, gave me the locations and a picture, and I got the achievement. (not actually sure why the picture was included, but the map of dungeons was useful).
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • kirnmalidus
    kirnmalidus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah if you are using an add-on you are probably missing some. In your Journal, on the Achievements tab, click on the Skyshards section and look at the achievement for the zone you are missing them. The ones you are missing will be grayed out. You can search the hint text in the achievement on Google and find a map pretty easily at that point.
    Life of a Nightblade (Screenshot Tumblr)

Attention Zenimax: Stamina builds don't hold up to magicka builds, and this is causing most of your class imbalance. It makes melee weapons and bows weaker than staves and class abilities. It makes medium and heavy armor less desirable than light armor. Fix this imbalance, and you'll address most of your balance issues.

- @ruze84b14_ESO
  • lotharlocnar_ESO
    KerinKor wrote: »
    I once visited a Skyshard that didn't indicate it was active, meaning I could have thought I'd already used it but I knew I hadn't and indeed I was able to Use it and get credit. Only once, don't recall where but I mention it as one possibility if you also thought you'd done it.
    There is an add-on which shows all skyshards and if you used them or not, even the ones inside dungeons.
    "No moment of despair is so great it cannot be overcome by a fifth of good bourbon and a beautiful woman in black seamed stockings and 6-inch stiletto heels."
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    There is an add-on which shows all skyshards and if you used them or not, even the ones inside dungeons.
    You don't need an addon for that, it's in your journal anyhow.

On the journal page there are three symbols on the top right.
    click on the third one (achievements).
    Select the Skyshards icon.
    Find the Icon for the Map you are on.
    Click on it.

Skyshards you've found are in white with a tick beside them.
    Skyshards you haven't found are in grey.
    Edited by AlexDougherty on 20 May 2014 17:23
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Cybrdroyd
    Cybrdroyd
    ✭✭✭
    I actually did not in fact get them all. I had gone to Bewan last night with a guildie, not even really looking for a skyhard. For whatever reason I didn't see it.

Today I was using a website with the locations of all the skyshards shown, and I went through each one in Auridon one by one, all 16 of them, except Bewan, lol. I guess I thought I had already gotten that one so I didn't follow up on it.

Another guildie suggested I install an add on called Skyshards, so I did. Using that, I was able to determine that it was the Bewan public dungeon skyshard I was missing.

So thanks for the replies guys. :)
    The road leads ever onward...