Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Forget Craglorn for Now!!!

countesscrownub18_ESO
Seriously! I can wait a month or 2 to play Craglorn. All these bugs and exploits need to be fixed in game first. There is now a program you can pay 5 dollars for that will allow you to fly through the air and run around at 4 times normal speed. I have also heard rumors about one that lets you move through floors and walls.

I like this game. But if these exploits are not fixed soon. I think it will be WildStar time.
  • CombatBeard
    CombatBeard
    ✭✭✭
    I've been trying to, but people keep posting about it.
  • Syntse
    Syntse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this game. But if these exploits are not fixed soon. I think it will be WildStar time.

Agree that those kind of hacks/exploits should be fixed. Though disagree on delaying the new content as there are many people already on v10 waiting for new content with nothing to do currently.

As for WildStar, have you visited the bug reports section in their forum?
    Syntse Dominion Khajiit Dragonknight Stamina Tank [50]
    Ra'Syntse Dominion Khajiit Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
    Syntselle Dominion Dark Elf Dragonknight Magica DPS [50]
    Syntseus Dominion Imperial Templar Healer [50]
    Syntsetar Dominion High Elf Sorcerer Magica DPS [50]
    Friar Tuktuk Daggerfall Brenton Templar Healer [50]
    Syntseyn Ebonheart Brenton Nightblade Magica DPS [50]
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure Zeni have the resources to work on both and are doing so.
  • Mjoel
    Mjoel
    ✭✭
    Zenimax... i have to tell i saw allready an EP player using this flying under a castle and attacking ppl from there... couldnt see his name and first thought hes bugged i oiled him and he died...

this needs a emergancyfix or PvP will be overflood with thes ppl soon
  • stefaan.de.wasch1b16_ESO
    As an "I Quit if...."-thread I give this one 6.4 out of 10
    The statement "if you put enough monkeys behind enough typewriters... sooner or later one will produce the works of Shakespeare" has sadly been proven utterly wrong by the internet...
  • countesscrownub18_ESO

This is not an I Quit IF thread. But thanks for the 6.4!!! LOL

I just think that while some are VR10 and need more content ....most are not. There is time to fix bugs VS releasing new content.

I agree they should have enough people to work on both. However, as far as fixing these exploits go we have seen no work besides the rare gm logging in to ban people.

Now they are out right selling the product!

Edited by countesscrownub18_ESO on 20 May 2014 11:43
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    People working on CRaglorn and people working on exploits are different teams. So no, dont forget Craglorn.
  • Vendersleigh
    Vendersleigh
    ✭✭✭
    To me Craglorn has a very low priority as the bots and hackers are ruining my gameplay and I shall not reach Vet level for months.

But I do recognise that some really want Craglorn soon and that it is most likely a different group working on Craglorn than combating exploits so I doubt this is likely to be sensible.
    Plus they have announced Craglorn and letting people down after information has been given out results in great outcry.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn and the 1.1 patch has a large number of minor fixes in it.
    Also considering we have patches coming out weekly it's pretty safe to assume that they don't have their entire development team on Craglorn.

Before the argument of take the developers off that and place them onto patches and bug fixes comes up remember that quite often throwing more developers at a problem doesn't solve it but makes it worse.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Anlaemar
    Anlaemar
    ✭✭✭
    Not saying that Craglorn should be delayed much as some people are already waiting for it, I know I'm far from it. Playing casually since release, I haven't even reached the Veteran ranks. I personally can wait.
    (NA) Anlaemar with 750+ Champion Points
    Member Since April 15, 2014
    (EP)Alrik Vadason - Nord Dragonknight
    Tank
    (EP)Matdasi Hlarrobar - Breton Mageblade
    Formerly known as Ra'dar Ahdhari - Main DPS 40k Self Buffed
    (EP)Marrec Vadason - Breton Templar Healer
    (EP)Nameless - Altmer Sorcerer - Secondary DPS
    - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason -
  • Harakh
    Harakh
    ✭✭✭
    Loco_Mofo wrote: »
    I'm sure Zeni have the resources to work on both and are doing so.

This one was good :D
    Die Welt in einem Sandkorn sehen
    Und den Himmel in einer wilden Blume;
    Die Unendlichkeit in der Handfläche halten
    Und die Ewigkeit in einer Stunde.
  • Faustes
    Faustes
    ✭✭✭
    The majority of us shouldn't suffer because the minority rushed to VR10 and have nothing to do.

Development efforts should be towards improving current systems and fixing bugs this early in launch.
  • danteafk
    danteafk
    ✭✭
    Wait even more? I I am completely bored with TESO since 2.5 weeks since I achieved everything you can in the game already.

Please bring out new content ...
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danteafk wrote: »
    Wait even more? I I am completely bored with TESO since 2.5 weeks since I achieved everything you can in the game already.
    Damn, did I fail to congratulate you on your achieving Emperor? Did I not say "well done" when you got all Achievements? Surely I said "GG" when you capped all crafts.

Sorry.

Edited by KerinKor on 20 May 2014 12:14
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Faustes wrote: »
    The majority of us shouldn't suffer because the minority rushed to VR10 and have nothing to do.

Development efforts should be towards improving current systems and fixing bugs this early in launch.

I am VR10 and I enjoy every day. The people wanting bots and such fixed are usually people that havent passed Coldhabour yet. Since VR zones got a natural bot hinderence in the main quest line.
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    ShintaiDK wrote: »
    I am VR10 and I enjoy every day. The people wanting bots and such fixed are usually people that havent passed Coldhabour yet. Since VR zones got a natural bot hinderence in the main quest line.

I have to agree with this the VR zones are quite enjoyable because the spam is pretty much gated.

• Dantonian_Rarstiana
    Sorry kid, but you cannot launch a "Next Gen MMO" without the end game. As much as your little casual feelings get hurt by seeing a bot or hacker, I can assure you that no end game, nothing to work towards, will harm this game much more than your whining ever will.

That's just the way it works, it makes a crappy game even for the people that never make it to the end-game. All their friends told them it sucks up there, and nobody new is attracted to the game, because they already know there is nothing at the end.

You get to deal with the bots and spam and hackers for now because its the lesser of two evils, and blame ZOS for being so blatantly incompetent they could not even include a steamlined "Report Player" function without having to fill out a god damn essay every time.

Thanks ZOS.
    Your game blows.
    I'm glad wildstar launches soon.
    That game is surprising fun to play.
    I haven't had fun in a themepark MMO for a long time.
    Your game included.
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not an I Quit IF thread. But thanks for the 6.4!!! LOL

You are happy with a 6.4?

Underachiever.
    "The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • seaef
    seaef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks ZOS.
    Your game blows.
    Your game included.

This is the worst attempt at Haiku I've ever read.

"The Illuminati are very achievement focused. It's like Xbox - only everything is hardcore."
    - Kirsten Geary
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    danteafk wrote: »

Please bring out new content ...

Why bother?

You'll just devour that in minutes anyway.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    are we still acting surprised that exploits and bugs are in a brand new MMO? have we forgotten this very VERY same thing happened in wow NOT LONG AGO? or how about the corpse drops from high in the air that made perfect logos for websites in WoW? The EQ2 plat dupe bug that happened a while back? literally every mmo?

wowadvertising.jpg
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    I wanna fly and be free like the birds bots . . .
    Edited by Dita on 20 May 2014 12:39
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • Liquid_Time
    Liquid_Time
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a glitch in Cyrodiil that will allow you to walk through keep walls.. I am going to try and duplicate it, but this may be something that you have seen. I will not go in much detail, but it occurs after a loading screen.
    (least it had for me)
    ¸.•¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•`
    Liquid_Time'*-.¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-•-.¸_¸.-••¤
    ╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
       IGN: Liquid Past || Rank: V14 || Class: Nightblade || World Skill: Vampire
    ╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
  • Kaynlor
    Kaynlor
    ✭✭✭
    'Flyin'... Flyin' in the Sky... Cliff Racer flies so high... Flyin'...' -
    Edited by Kaynlor on 20 May 2014 13:53
  • countesscrownub18_ESO
    Sorry kid, but you cannot launch a "Next Gen MMO" without the end game. As much as your little casual feelings get hurt by seeing a bot or hacker, I can assure you that no end game, nothing to work towards, will harm this game much more than your whining ever will.

That's just the way it works, it makes a crappy game even for the people that never make it to the end-game. All their friends told them it sucks up there, and nobody new is attracted to the game, because they already know there is nothing at the end.

You get to deal with the bots and spam and hackers for now because its the lesser of two evils, and blame ZOS for being so blatantly incompetent they could not even include a steamlined "Report Player" function without having to fill out a god damn essay every time.

Thanks ZOS.
    Your game blows.
    Your game included.

Not really sure who the KID is here. I was in my mid 20's when I Beta Tested UO. I was there when King Britian was killed at a meeting with a fire wall scroll. If you had called me old man....maybe, atleast i'm getting close @:). That game was 18 years ago. Yes it had bugs. It was mostly client side based and you were lucky if you had a 28.8 connection. EQ, DAOC, WoW, all had serious bugs that took time to fix.

However, I have not seen a program that gave your character superpowers since Diablo 1 and that was 19 years ago.

For me the major attraction to an MMORPG is the fact that we all have the same baseline to grow from. Everything is accomplished by our skills and lack of a normal life "time invested". Zenimax is allowing outside party's to control their world "The Matrix".

While I will agree with you that there are less BOTS in Veteran zones they are not completely eliminated and as time progresses more of them will find there way to veteran areas. I am playing in the Veteran zones and have for a little while now. But I do remember the chains of bots running around collecting resources I was trying to get. Flying through the air. Moving through the ground. Invisible. Un-targettable. While a group of players would be upset by high end content being pushed back and might even quit. FAR FAR FAR more will never make it through their 30 days because of what 1-50 is like now.

I have ONLY ever seen an launch go off as bad as this game one time. Vanguard had the possibility to be one of the best games ever. Unfortunately because of the Epic Disgrace of a launch it had the game was destroyed.

Zenimax needs to do something fast or they are in danger of the earning the same fate.

• murklor007neb18_ESO
    Forget Craglorn! We need to focus on the polls!!!
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭

Thanks ZOS.
    Your game blows.
    Your game included.

Not really sure who the KID is here. I was in my mid 20's when I Beta Tested UO. I was there when King Britian was killed at a meeting with a fire wall scroll. If you had called me old man....maybe, atleast i'm getting close @:). That game was 18 years ago. Yes it had bugs. It was mostly client side based and you were lucky if you had a 28.8 connection. EQ, DAOC, WoW, all had serious bugs that took time to fix.

However, I have not seen a program that gave your character superpowers since Diablo 1 and that was 19 years ago.

For me the major attraction to an MMORPG is the fact that we all have the same baseline to grow from. Everything is accomplished by our skills and lack of a normal life "time invested". Zenimax is allowing outside party's to control their world "The Matrix".

While I will agree with you that there are less BOTS in Veteran zones they are not completely eliminated and as time progresses more of them will find there way to veteran areas. I am playing in the Veteran zones and have for a little while now. But I do remember the chains of bots running around collecting resources I was trying to get. Flying through the air. Moving through the ground. Invisible. Un-targettable. While a group of players would be upset by high end content being pushed back and might even quit. FAR FAR FAR more will never make it through their 30 days because of what 1-50 is like now.

I have ONLY ever seen an launch go off as bad as this game one time. Vanguard had the possibility to be one of the best games ever. Unfortunately because of the Epic Disgrace of a launch it had the game was destroyed.

Zenimax needs to do something fast or they are in danger of the earning the same fate.

There have been much worse launches than this. A few off the top of my head I can think of are Darkfall and Mortal Online (completely unplayable for days, almost weeks after launch) If you played and loved UO, you may have tried the two above. There have been others, it is just too early to think here.

Also I think it is safe to assume that the people building and developing the expansions are different than the people troubleshooting and bug fixing. I don't think the two are the same and it makes sense for them to progress with the game, build expansions while the other staff fixes the bugs, otherwise you will have a group of people just spinning in chairs being unproductive.

Bugs and exploits will get fixed, just be patient.
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    There will always be hacks. You can't stop people from developing and selling them. Just ban the hackers and update your code. And yes, I am pretty sure they have developers working on different directives. They can work on a expanding the game while fixing it.