Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Custom graphics settings?

taylor.hakansonb16_ESO
taylor.hakansonb16_ESO
Soul Shriven
Has anyone had any luck with modifying the graphics options in the usersettings file? I feel that I change some of that stuff but dont really notice a difference.

View distance is currently set to 10 but im not sure if its actually going further than what it used too. Or can you even go past what the devs put in

Edited by taylor.hakansonb16_ESO on 20 May 2014 06:50
  • Eorea
    Eorea
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't been able to figure out what some of it does, but turning off grass, bloom and lowering shadows definitely works to make the game look different. I have to keep my view distance on about 70-80% as well, because 100% lags my game. As for how much further 100% lets me see... I can't really say. What I do wish the graphics options let us modify is how much zoom is allowed on the camera in third person (I want a lot!!!), but that's just the old RTS player in me who likes to see the entire battlefield from an omniscient, madGodly point of view. A non issue, really.
    Edited by Eorea on 20 May 2014 08:05
  • Xstof
    Xstof
    Soul Shriven
    Eorea wrote: »
    What I do wish the graphics options let us modify is how much zoom is allowed on the camera in third person (I want a lot!!!), but that's just the old RTS player in me who likes to see the entire battlefield from an omniscient, madGodly point of view. A non issue, really.

I do hope that the change to field of view that they are announced is coming at some time soon will help here. Even if it won't necessarily move the camera further away from the avatar, it will hopefully create some fish eye effect that will let you "see more".
    Crossing fingers!

BTW, the narrow field of view is an issue for me. It's not a tank simulator after all, I wantneed to see more!
  • Pele
    Pele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. I like to see more when I play as well.

I've noticed huge differences between low and high settings, anti-alias, and whatnot. I've not yet altered view distance.

Try /reloadui or relogging after changing graphics settings; it may help.