Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

Towers by the Keep resources are very boring and exploitable.

Joy_Division
Joy_Division
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Please let us destroy these towers even if they are owned. I understand friendly fire has to be turned off in this game, but an exception needs to be made here. These towers are virtually unassailable which makes for very boring gameplay when a group of a dozen enemies are holed up inside them.

I know in theory attackers do not have to capture the resource, but we are not all on teamspeak and people may be unaware of the issue.

Alternative solution: The tower's ownership should be flagged by whichever faction is actually inside it, not who controls the resource. Problem solved.

Now I don't have to stand outside for 15 minutes while people pointlessly fire siege weapons at it.
Edited by Joy_Division on 20 May 2014 04:10
  • Niffo
    Niffo
    ✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division

You don't have to stand around them now. If you leave the people inside can't farm, leave often enough and they won't go into the tower. As much as I hate to say it, this is a learn to play issue. When the camp owners notice fewer and fewer of their allies are sticking around to assault their own tower they'll get the hint and stop doing it. The people in the tower are no longer a threat, yes they can come back out and retake the camp, but you more than likely have more people and can retake the camp faster than they can. If the only reward they get is the small bit from the camp take they won't bother farming in the tower.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niffo wrote: »
    @Joy_Division

You don't have to stand around them now. If you leave the people inside can't farm, leave often enough and they won't go into the tower. As much as I hate to say it, this is a learn to play issue. When the camp owners notice fewer and fewer of their allies are sticking around to assault their own tower they'll get the hint and stop doing it. The people in the tower are no longer a threat, yes they can come back out and retake the camp, but you more than likely have more people and can retake the camp faster than they can. If the only reward they get is the small bit from the camp take they won't bother farming in the tower.

Hopefully you are right. But after 7 weeks, people are are still firing siege weapons and pouring oil through the windows. And I still think this is potentially exploitative that a large force of enemy players can have a invulnerable safe haven deep inside enemy territory. That's an issue that still will exist after we learn to deal with an unrealistic loophole in the game's mechanics.

Edited by Joy_Division on 20 May 2014 14:27
    Options
  • wafffllesss
    wafffllesss
    ✭✭✭
    Siege ladders could help, if they were in the game =D
    Options
  • JosephChip
    JosephChip
    ✭✭✭
    Not minding campers who hole up in them is a valid tactic, nonetheless it would be pretty amazing if they could be partially demolished with siege engines. Same thing for bridge towers.
    Options