Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Crouching Khajiit, Hidden Argonian.

mjenoksonb16_ESO
I have played This game since January in Beta. It seems to me that the players are the ones that are suffering for what the Bots and Gold spammers do in game. I am a crafter at heart, but have given up because of the bots. Whoever says that these bots are a good thing needs their heads examined. This morning I witnessed the bots doing crouching Khajiit, hidden Argonian. Running up the side of mountains, across in mid air, just to get that piece of iron. Not only are the gold farmers using stolen credit card numbers to get on the game to rob people of their money, USD of course, they take all the crafting materials at an alarming rate. Because the Zenimax has cracked down hard on these guys, they are hacking the game. They are the main reason for bosses glitching out, and they are constantly coming up with new ways to cheat. I saw a guy go from one crafting spot to another in a matter of 3 seconds. It was just outside my visual range. It took me 30 seconds to get there. I feel it is a battle just to get resources, even though there is a lot of resources here, well there used to be. I report a minimum of 4 bots per day from level 3 to vetran levels and I will continue to do so until I leave this game. Since you
have turned this game into a non-enjoyable game for me, I am going to spend all my time searching you guys out in every faction.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    truth is hes right... how come the bot can actualy hack the game with teleportation?
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • Rotherhans
    Rotherhans
    ✭✭✭
    @Kyubi_3002b16_ESO‌ because the guy responsible for coding the secure game-client -> server communication was busy ..
    1353363811162.gif

“I'm not going out of my way looking for devils;
    but I wouldn't step out of my path to let one go by.”― Robert E. Howard
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if there isn't some deliberate, semi-organized ideolgical thing behind the botting, hacking and goldselling - deliberate sabotage. Not everyone thinks it's OK for people to waste their free time on games, rather than more work.

I see the same goldsellers on ESO that I saw all the time on WoW (with one exception that I haven't seen yet, but she's probably around somewhere.)

Do any Korean subscription games suffer like this? I'm not saying it's coming from there, but I'm wondering if there's any kind of differential attacks going on regarding where the game is out of.

/tinfoilhat off

Sorry, it just all seems really senseless, unless some/most of these people are deliberately out to destroy MMOs.
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry, it just all seems really senseless, unless some/most of these people are deliberately out to destroy MMOs.
    Or just make a buck off human laziness. And, yes, just about every MMO has its back-end trading sites. Gold, items, what have you. People are more than willing to spend money, even for 'virtual' items, just so they don't have to spend something they consider more valuable - their time.
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sihnfahl wrote: »
    Or just make a buck off human laziness. And, yes, just about every MMO has its back-end trading sites. Gold, items, what have you. People are more than willing to spend money, even for 'virtual' items, just so they don't have to spend something they consider more valuable - their time.

The damn thing is, you can cheat all you want in B2P, single-player games. Why play an MMO if you can't/don't want to try playing it without cheats?

And yes, I use godmode in pretty much every single player I've played, from (original, DOS) Doom right up to Skyrim that had the option to do so.

But even as the world's crappiest video gamer, I still find ESO (and WoW, too) refreshing for not allowing me to cheat - if I was that bothered by the pace or difficulty, I'd simply stop playing.

And at least cheating in a single-player doesn't affect anyone else.

And I still think they botters and goldsellers are deliberately evil buttheads.

Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on 20 May 2014 23:01
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why play an MMO if you can't/don't want to try playing it without cheats?
    They don't see gold + item selling as cheating. Someone else is doing the 'menial' work of collecting materials, lots of gold, items for them; how they do it is irrelevant. And they're paying for that.

Their time is spent on fighting against other folks in PvP or running dungeons.
    Edited by Sihnfahl on 20 May 2014 23:11
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh. Then why don't they go find a Pay to Win game that formalizes that through the game company?
  • Sihnfahl
    Sihnfahl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sigh. Then why don't they go find a Pay to Win game that formalizes that through the game company?
    Because ESO is new?
  • isengrimb16_ESO
    isengrimb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So they immediately have to run and destroy the thing for others?

Yep. Evil buttheads (taking the AD&D definition of evil as "extremely selfish").

Ah, the wonders that the "Me Generation" hippies engendered, eh? Looks like it's chain-poisoned at least three generations now (including, sadly, my own.)

Meanwhile, they're probably the exact same people who would call my RL hermit lifestyle "anti-social" and would tsk tsk that I don't want to go back to work, or do volunteer crap any more (because I'm sick of dealing with the public) and don't look to surround myself with 50 bestest best friends 24/7. The only contacts on my cell phone are cab drivers, and my herbalist. Yet the behaviour of these game-destroyers is breathtakingly pathological.

Edited by isengrimb16_ESO on 20 May 2014 23:46
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these same sights also cater to WoW/GW2/Vindictus/Dragons nest/ mabinogi/ Champions online/ Neverwinter and many more. they are some of the bigger ones out there and also quite skilled in manipulating the systems. All in all they will never quit. in time ZO will manage to find a good way to fight them but so long as lazy people by golf doe them they will remain
    Edited by jircris11 on 21 May 2014 11:54
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with bots is that this game is significantly more client side than server side. I don't think they had (or maybe still don't have) anti-cheat software on the server stack. (Basically compares hash info to hash info on the client vs the servers expected responses)

Hell you can use cheatengine on this game, thats how client side centric it is lol
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.