Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Zeni: Why aren't there GM's in the game 24/7

Vorkk8383
Vorkk8383
✭✭✭
Editing this post because I did find that I was a tad rude towards Zeni and it's not the way to go. Also, making assumptions make an as...well you know the saying.

First, I want to say that we all realize that the bots are there because people buy their crap. No business, no bot. Sadly, people are greedy and changing their nature isn't going to happen.

I was waiting to get to higher level zones. I could block the gold spammers in chat with an addon and do my best to ignore the ones going around hoping that it would be better in higher level zones.

It's NOT! They are EVERYWHERE doing a bit of everything. They are looting resources but the most annoying is having them kill mobs or full dungeons. You have to fight to get kills in a lot of situations.

Now, not only do they have super speed but they fly, they go underworld and can be totally invisible. I LOVE this game but sadly, I'm afraid for your future if something isn't done soon.

I feel (and many others do to) that you need GM's in game 24/7 for a good month or two. Not 15 mins here and there. There are thousands of bots. They are mostly in China so you need GM's on during EST night time as well.

If you did this, it would use up their accounts faster than they could remake them eventually. They won't ever run out but they surely won't be as brazen as they are now. Another perk would be that it would free up your tickets quite a bit. You wouldn't get tickets about bots. It would free up your ticket system to talk about important issues like bugs and balance issues, etc.

If it's your top priority, show it to us. Stop telling us it's your top priority and not doing what a lot of us feel is a good temporary solution until you find a better long term solution. We're not asking for GM's in the game forever. What a lot of us want is GM's for a month, 24/7. Try it and see how it goes.

It seems that you're not willing to do it nor are you willing to talk about it. The only reasons we can come up with are financial. That doesn't inspire much and doesn't really give us confidence in the ''it's our top priority''.

So tell us, why aren't there GM's banning around the clock? Do you need help from players? I'll run around and find them for the GM's to ban on my server.
Edited by Vorkk8383 on 21 May 2014 17:07
  • Hiddenbunny
    keep whining, they already pay a lot of attention to bots, just not what you wanted. For us who are crying about some actual game problems, we get zero attention. How about the stupid gear decay when you just walk from bank gal to blacksmith dude? "its as intended". LFG tool not working, "you are not using it right, here is a video how to use it", steve jobs style. People who want to group up for quests but have to do the quest multiple times, "what, people do that?" People want to do more dungeons but still want to progress in characters by gaining xp? "nah, you really don't want to do that, go quest more".

The only thing they actually seem to care at all, is the bots, [Snip] .

Moderator Edit: edited for abusive language
    Edited by ZOS_LodieA on 21 May 2014 15:25
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, I will not shut my trap you rude person. I'm entitled to my opinion. Also, I'm writing so my trap never had to open.

I've written about other issues and have reported them as bugs. I'm not quite sure who you are to tell me not to discuss about something.

There are a ton of posts about bots so I don't see why I can't have my say either. Is coming here berating my opinion and being rude going to get the bugs you want fixed any faster? I didn't think so.

So congrats on a post that accomplishes absolutely nothing except make you look like a total narcissist. If you learn some manners and realize that your opinion isn't a guideline, feel free to chat me up.

• Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    Speculation is how wars start. Stating "don't care" is a bit presumptuous as we know they do.

Zenimax is in a difficult place, where I'm sure they would love to enlighten the masses on their next steps, but in doing so would be tipping off the sinister bots, lurking in the bushes taking notes. Zen more than likely have to watch the bots, analyze what they are doing/did, plan out programming changes etc

If we are going to "speculate", my guess is one day there will be a patch and when we log in, it will be eerily quite with no hum of robotic harvesters flying (literally) around, except for a few straggling bots that are actually controlled by a human lost and alone chipping at his node. Along with it costing 5K for a horse and repair costs dropping by 50%

Trust me, I'm as frustrated as the next having started an Alt and struggling to work on crafting with zero resources
    Edited by Tarwin on 21 May 2014 15:28
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    125f98e3903a120ce87961a91e6fbdd7759313ab3d42ed11275578f710188379.jpg
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, I will not shut my trap you rude person. I'm entitled to my opinion. Also, I'm writing so my trap never had to open.

I've written about other issues and have reported them as bugs. I'm not quite sure who you are to tell me not to discuss about something.

There are a ton of posts about bots so I don't see why I can't have my say either. Is coming here berating my opinion and being rude going to get the bugs you want fixed any faster? I didn't think so.

So congrats on a post that accomplishes absolutely nothing except make you look like a total narcissist. If you learn some manners and realize that your opinion isn't a guideline, feel free to chat me up.

Hopefully this will accomplish something or strike a conversation. Zen has taken care of bots. BUT like most games, the more popular a game the more bots. Google any gold selling site, find the top games. I guarantee that each of those games have an incredible amount of bots in them. And even WOW yes WOW has a ton of bots.

It isn't a battle easily won. They mod it the best they can.

Before you start flaming someone or flaming a company about something that just happens and is hard to control give the same respect to them as you would want yourself. It accomplishes nothing having an entitled attitude and taking the stance that you could do better is ridiculous. I am certain you couldn't. You couldn't stay awake long enough to keep up with the bots, they just keep coming. I am certain a fully staffed department couldn't handle all the personal and RMT bots out there.

Take a step back, breathe and logically think of the problem. When money is involved people will go great lengths to get that money (or personal botters who grind levels or mats). So bots will exist. Its a business. But to think Zen or any MMO company just avoids it is not worth a conversation because we both know that's not the truth.

It will be ok. Just breathe and work around it till Zen can get it more under control. Bots / Bugs / Expansions, there is alot on their plate atm.
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    Tarwin wrote: »
    Speculation is how wars start. Stating "don't care" is a bit presumptuous as we know they do.

Zenimax is in a difficult place, where I'm sure they would love to enlighten the masses on their next steps, but in doing so would be tipping off the sinister bots, lurking in the bushes taking notes. Zen more than likely have to watch the bots, analyze what they are doing/did, plan out programming changes etc

If we are going to "speculate", my guess is one day there will be a patch and when we log in, it will be eerily quite with no hum of robotic harvesters flying (literally) around, except for a few straggling bots that are actually controlled by a human lost and alone chipping at his node. Along with it costing 5K for a horse and repair costs dropping by 50%

Trust me, I'm as frustrated as the next having started an Alt and struggling to work on crafting with zero resources

I really hope so. Waking up and logging in to a patch that fixes bots, balance issues, a ton of quest bugs, etc....and having Zeni go ''Surprise!!'' is a dream at the moment. For many of us. We do care of else we wouldn't still be here playing and posting.
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭
    roflcopter wrote: »

Hopefully this will accomplish something or strike a conversation. Zen has taken care of bots. BUT like most games, the more popular a game the more bots. Google any gold selling site, find the top games. I guarantee that each of those games have an incredible amount of bots in them. And even WOW yes WOW has a ton of bots.

Before you start flaming someone or flaming a company about something that just happens and is hard to control give the same respect to them as you would want yourself. It accomplishes nothing having an entitled attitude and taking the stance that you could do better is ridiculous. I am certain you couldn't. You couldn't stay awake long enough to keep up with the bots, they just keep coming. I am certain a fully staffed department couldn't handle all the personal and RMT bots out there.

Take a step back, breathe and logically think of the problem. When money is involved people will go great lengths to get that money (or personal botters who grind levels or mats). So bots will exist. Its a business. But to think Zen or any MMO company just avoids it is not worth a conversation because we both know that's not the truth.

It will be ok. Just breathe and work around it till Zen can get it more under control. Bots / Bugs / Expansions, there is alot on their plate atm.

My idea was to provoke a bit...hoping to get a response. Yes, I expect it to be a denial but it would make me feel better. I'd love to know why they send in GM's only 15 mins at a time every so often instead of having them there all the time for a while. I know that they cannot reveal all of their cards because then the ''enemy'' would find out and could plan a counter-attack right away. I'm just at a point where I feel frustrated. This is a game that I really enjoy already and what I keep hearing is ''it's our top priority'' yet nothing seems to be happening. I just did a dungeon and it was so bad. 99% of the mobs were constantly killed. They were everywhere. How am I supposed to progress when I tried to do the same dungeon a few days in a row and it's always the same issue? I know that a lot of people are experiencing this issue. There's also the issue of crafting. You try to get those crafting nodes and someone underground is already taking them. You feel powerless because you cannot even see them to report them.

Having Zeni say we have something planned for X date or around X date or even why they won't get GM's in the game at all times would feel so satisfactory to me. Right now, it feels like a lot of talk but not much action. I get it. It takes time. It's a complex issue. I just don't get why there aren't GM's in the game at all time. It would free up so many tickets and they could get rid of so many bots. But you're right. I shouldn't of assumed something when I have no inside info. I want this game to be a success. Reading all the time about it's untimely demise to f2p is scary.
  • roflcopter
    roflcopter
    ✭✭✭

My idea was to provoke a bit...hoping to get a response. Yes, I expect it to be a denial but it would make me feel better. I'd love to know why they send in GM's only 15 mins at a time every so often instead of having them there all the time for a while. I know that they cannot reveal all of their cards because then the ''enemy'' would find out and could plan a counter-attack right away. I'm just at a point where I feel frustrated. This is a game that I really enjoy already and what I keep hearing is ''it's our top priority'' yet nothing seems to be happening. I just did a dungeon and it was so bad. 99% of the mobs were constantly killed. They were everywhere. How am I supposed to progress when I tried to do the same dungeon a few days in a row and it's always the same issue? I know that a lot of people are experiencing this issue. There's also the issue of crafting. You try to get those crafting nodes and someone underground is already taking them. You feel powerless because you cannot even see them to report them.

Having Zeni say we have something planned for X date or around X date or even why they won't get GM's in the game at all times would feel so satisfactory to me. Right now, it feels like a lot of talk but not much action. I get it. It takes time. It's a complex issue. I just don't get why there aren't GM's in the game at all time. It would free up so many tickets and they could get rid of so many bots. But you're right. I shouldn't of assumed something when I have no inside info. I want this game to be a success. Reading all the time about it's untimely demise to f2p is scary.

I doubt it will go f2p and I wouldn't keep playing if it did. Just breathe a bit and let them try. I think if you search the forums people have really put a fire under there bums a bit already. GM's are in game btw.

Thanks for the rational response, much appreciated.
    Xbox One | NA | AD
    GM - OK LOL
    Warden Stuff
    Ex - Trials Core 1 Runner - Left and couldn't be happier
  • Vorkk8383
    Vorkk8383
    ✭✭✭

I doubt it will go f2p and I wouldn't keep playing if it did. Just breathe a bit and let them try. I think if you search the forums people have really put a fire under there bums a bit already. GM's are in game btw.

Thanks for the rational response, much appreciated.

GM's are in game but the messages I've seen is usually once per day for 15 minutes. This is my big question and the thing that makes me feel like they don't care. I wish they'd answer why they don't have GM's in games at all times for a while-banning away. They may have a specific reason to not do this but I know a few have asked and there's never been a response. So for now, we see GM's for 15 minutes which is a bit of a joke. It really feels like a way to shut people up if they were asking for GM's. When a GM logs, chat goes wild with ''there's bots here GM.'' ''Please come here...''. They are able to ban on the spot and it's much faster than the ticket method. It would free up their tickets and they would be able to concentrate on bugs a lot more that way as those would be the tickets coming in now. It would show the bots that Zeni is there and taking affirmative action against them.

The community would be happy. I haven't see one person say ''booo GM go away''. There must be a reason why GM's aren't in the game at all times, at least for a while. Not getting an answer to that is what frustrates me more than anything...because the only answers I can come up with are pretty negative ones. So if there's actually some legitimate answer that makes sense, I wish they'd tell us. Then we'd be like ''ah ok makes sense. We can stop thinking it's a good solution''. And I don't want to assume again as we've just talked about this but the only things that pops in my mind in regards to this are money related...that really doesn't reinforce a positive image in my mind and in the minds of many. If they actually gave us an answer, a lot of us would actually feel a lot better about it all. It wouldn't fix the problem but it would make a lot of people feel like Zeni actually cares because I know that quite a few people think that putting GM's in the game around the clock is the best temporary solution to drastically improve the situation until they find a better long-term solution.

So I guess that the TL;DR version of this would be: Why aren't there GM's in the game around the clock for a while until you find a long term solution that would require less man power? I know a lot of people are wondering and as of now, Zeni hasn't given us an answer to that. So the only things that we can come up with relate to money...The answers we can come up with aren't the most positive and make a lot feel like this ''we're doing everything we can'' is all bark no bite. If they gave us an actual answer that made sense and showed us it wasn't because they didn't want to pay people to do that, etc....then a lot of us would feel much better.