Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Billing issues rejected and double billing.

Jday444_ESO
So people are aware of the ongoing problem (which I assume ESO is looking into) there is something going on that is kinda skevey. ESO is double billing under the "IDEA" of making sure there is money in the account to cover the charge.....which makes ZERO sense. Anyone with common sense will understand that one charge for an account means one charge, not that we should have twice that amount in an account to cover it.

Just to be clear this is nothing against ESO just to inform players as to what is going on and how to resolve any billing issues they are having.

Below is a copy-paste of Email from them.

Helping you is our passion!

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 168 hours (7 days).

If your issue has not been resolved, you can respond directly to this email. We look forward to working with you again should you need us!
Subject
This is now the 2nd time I have been left Without an account AFTER PAYING. The f...

Response By Email (Linwood) (05/17/2014 01:18 AM)
Greetings Adventurer,

I can inform you that we are no longer holding your funds, and that this charge is now under the control of your bank. We are currently unable to speed up this process as it depends on your bank's operating procedures, but if you could provide us with a fax number for your bank, we will be able to contact them (in english) and ask them to release the funds back to you.
As for the problem you are experiencing with the subscription process, when a player sets up a new subscription or changes their payment method for a subscription, our system will perform an authorization check to ensure that the account contains sufficient funds for the subscription. This check currently requires a temporary "charge" to be placed on the customer's account equivalent to the full amount of a subscription. Since the subscription charge occurs at the same time, customers must have enough funds available to cover two subscriptions until the authorization check is complete and the temporary hold on those funds is removed. Customers will only be billed for the actual subscription. At this point, the options you have would be either to have $155.88 available to cover the authorization check and the subscription charge, or get a prepaid gametime card for the six months subscription.

We apologize for the inconvenience. In the future, we do plan to decrease the authorization amount so that it is no longer for the full amount. If you have any further questions or problems, any of us here at the Elder Scrolls Online Support Team will be happy to assist you with them.
  • Vengitto55
    Vengitto55
    Soul Shriven
    Just happened to me. I'm done, not gonna resubscribe.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, screw you ZOS.

Youre not going to get any more money from me with your BS practices.

You pulled the same garbage with the 30 days time that came with the box.
    Edited by Rylana on 23 May 2014 04:39
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin