Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Thieves Guild & Justice System (Prison Public Dungeons)

Roneth
Roneth
✭✭✭✭
Zenimax revealed they plan on releasing the Thieves Guild and Justice System in a content patch after launch. With that said, I wanted to discuss my hopes of what this content may bring to ESO…

Finding the Thieves Guild
Unlike finding the Fighters/Mages Guild, the Thieves Guild will never be shown on a map. In order to find this guild, players must follow Shadowmarks. These symbols will be carved on various buildings scattered throughout Tamriel cities. Finding this guild will be a cross between a scavenger hunt and a riddle. The entrance could be a trapdoor in the back of a tavern or a hidden entrance under a bridge and the player must solve the riddle in order to enter the guild.

Thieves Guild Skill Line
With the Thieves Guild, you can expect a new Skill Line with abilities such as:

Knife Throw – Throw knife at enemy
Blinding Powder – Blind foes in target area
Lethal Poison – Coats your weapon with poison
Unarmed Strike – Incapacitates target for duration
Smoke Bomb – Creates smoke cloud around player

Safe Fall (passive) – Reduces damage from falling
Bribery (passive) – Bribe city guards to ignore crimes
Pickpocket (passive) – Allows player to pickpocket NPC’s
Lockpicking (passive) – Slightly increases the lockpick timer
Haggling (passive) – Buying and selling prices are 10% better

Nightingale Cloak (ultimate) – Vanish from sight, entering an improved stealth mode

Justice System - Illegal Activities
With the addition of the Justice System, having many illegal activities would be welcome:

Trespassing, Pickpocket, Theft, Assault, and Murder

Justice System - Prison Public Dungeons
Players who commit illegal activities and are caught by City Guard NPC's (guards are very perceptive), have the choice to pay a fine or go to prison. Prisons are essentially public dungeons. Once the criminal is ported into prison, they will remain locked up for 5 minutes. After that time has elapsed, the door will open up, allowing the criminal to enter the prison yard and interact with other inmate players. The prison yard is large, has massive stone walls and is filled with giant rats. Kill the rats to eventually find the key to escape prison. To make things worse, criminals will receive a de-buff, which prevents them from using any skills from their Skill Bar. Once the criminal escapes prison, that de-buff will expire.

Fame & Infamy Mechanic
I hope the developers add “Fame and Infamy” mechanic to the game. Basically, fame is a measure of how well known your heroism is amongst the general population of Tamriel. Conversely, infamy represents your notoriety for doing evil deeds. Depending how you play your character will change NPC disposition. Being able to make your character a hero or villain and having NPC's react accordingly adds so much immersion to the game.

What do you hope to see with the addition of the Thieves Guild and Justice System?
Edited by Roneth on 18 May 2014 17:35
  • Salsadoom
    Salsadoom
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I would like to see some traps added that can be disarmed or avoided.

I would think lethal poison would be in the Assassins Guild tree not the thief

No stealth skills besides ultimate?

I would expect some sort of looting advantage and less combat for the thief

Unarmed strike seems odd since there is no unarmed skill line

I suspect they will need some sort of prison or infamy with the new skill line. I would also expect some sort of bribe or jail time, and exile for mass repeat offenders (with NPC guard attack on sight)

Also add some sort of 'bad reputation' modifier for dealing with merchants
  • Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    Ker.Rakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    One of the passives should make it harder to be removed from stealth by damage.
  • RabidJoint
    There is already a knife throwing ability and nightblades have a skill that allows us to go invisible (which doesnt work)....wow
  • Roneth
    Roneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    RabidJoint wrote: »
    There is already a knife throwing ability and nightblades have a skill that allows us to go invisible (which doesnt work)....wow

These were just ideas I came up with. I hope the developers also add a prison system like I outlined above. That would be pretty cool.

• Roneth
    Roneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would anyone else want prison public dungeons?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would LOVE for there to be a massive Prisson for murderers and thieves and make possible as a quest to break out of prison and become a wanted man on the run. you have no idea how much i would love this to be in eso. man i would be happier then ever that would be soo awesome!
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is the prison would quickly fill up with bots...
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and yes also poisens would be AWESOME also because im a master alchemy vet potion maker and assasin build i do need this to help my duel wield and dagger throwing since its maxed out and realy does not do much damage so, yeah i need the stun potions and poisen potions to actually work on other people and monsters cause atm they only work on me alone myself if i drink them :(
  • Roneth
    Roneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would LOVE for there to be a massive Prisson for murderers and thieves and make possible as a quest to break out of prison and become a wanted man on the run. you have no idea how much i would love this to be in eso. man i would be happier then ever that would be soo awesome!

I would also love a massive prison full of player inmates. That would make crime feel so alive in ESO!

• Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thinking, we can see clearly that you thought about this issue.

As I checked your active skill line, you can see that most of these actives are covered by dual wield and NB trees.

Knife Throw – Throw knife at enemy (Hidden blade)
    Blinding Powder – Blind foes in target area (Sparks)
    Unarmed Strike – Incapacitates target for duration (any hit after stealth but esp. hidden blade)
    Smoke Bomb – Creates smoke cloud around player (I think it's similar to shadow cloak)

Passives are also not very interesting and with these actives and passives, I'm not sure many ppl will choose TG.
  • _oldThe_Tip
    I'd like to see shadow scales.
  • Roneth
    Roneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mitrenga wrote: »
    Good thinking, we can see clearly that you thought about this issue.

As I checked your active skill line, you can see that most of these actives are covered by dual wield and NB trees.

Knife Throw – Throw knife at enemy (Hidden blade)
    Blinding Powder – Blind foes in target area (Sparks)
    Unarmed Strike – Incapacitates target for duration (any hit after stealth but esp. hidden blade)
    Smoke Bomb – Creates smoke cloud around player (I think it's similar to shadow cloak)

Passives are also not very interesting and with these actives and passives, I'm not sure many ppl will choose TG.

Yeah. These ideas would have to be fleshed out,but was trying to capture the essence of the TG. Zenimax is a lot better at this then I am, lol.
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have some ideas for the active skills. I believe thieves depend on wits and luck rather than actual skills. And their skills should aid them in stealing and running.

Silent Steps - Reduce stealth detection radius by X metres for 17s
    M1 Inconspicuous - Disguised upon breaking stealth for 5s
    M2 Spooky Steps - Disorients 2 nearby enemies for 2s

Venomous Concoction - Deals minor initial damage to target, applying poison every 1s for 4s; stealth increases poison duration to 8s, or reduce damage tick to 0.5s.
    M1 Unstable Concoction - Initial damage has 70% critical chance
    M2 Experimental Bottle - 30% chance to apply additional random DOT/CC

Fair Fight? - Channels and stuns the target for 2.5s; 60% chance of disarming opponent. Disarmed opponents are unable to access weapons or weapon skills for 8.5s. Useable once per target.
    M1 Mastermind - Channelling & stun process is prolonged to 4s; 75% chance of disarming.
    M2 Cheap Trick - Removes channelling, stun, and cooldown; disarming chance reduced to 50%; 30% chance to disarm self.

Not much idea on passives, though personally feel that bribery is already available to all players, and haggling would be really nice to reduce repairs. Would be great if I can haggle with the divines for cheaper re-spec LOL.
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • Roneth
    Roneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeradon wrote: »
    I have some ideas for the active skills. I believe thieves depend on wits and luck rather than actual skills. And their skills should aid them in stealing and running.

Silent Steps - Reduce stealth detection radius by X metres for 17s
    M1 Inconspicuous - Disguised upon breaking stealth for 5s
    M2 Spooky Steps - Disorients 2 nearby enemies for 2s

Venomous Concoction - Deals minor initial damage to target, applying poison every 1s for 4s; stealth increases poison duration to 8s, or reduce damage tick to 0.5s.
    M1 Unstable Concoction - Initial damage has 70% critical chance
    M2 Experimental Bottle - 30% chance to apply additional random DOT/CC

Fair Fight? - Channels and stuns the target for 2.5s; 60% chance of disarming opponent. Disarmed opponents are unable to access weapons or weapon skills for 8.5s. Useable once per target.
    M1 Mastermind - Channelling & stun process is prolonged to 4s; 75% chance of disarming.
    M2 Cheap Trick - Removes channelling, stun, and cooldown; disarming chance reduced to 50%; 30% chance to disarm self.

Not much idea on passives, though personally feel that bribery is already available to all players, and haggling would be really nice to reduce repairs. Would be great if I can haggle with the divines for cheaper re-spec LOL.
    Some pretty good ideas.