Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Putting Botters out of business - ZOS

felixgamingx1
felixgamingx1
✭✭✭✭
Super rare items could be added to store like the palomino horse $ that would be awesome!
  • Pucifer
    Pucifer
    It would be absolutely hateful if you ask me, paying real money for pixel items, i think not. i much rather earn them by hard work, of course they could add them for the ones that rather pay some real cash for such but to have it gated like that where you can only get it for $ is not my cup of tea at all.

They could fix the bot problem easier if they could be arsed, putting in a gm 24/7 for a period to monitor chats and areas etc and just instabanning any of the gold seller/bot type things would sort it out i would reckon.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pucifer wrote: »
    instabanning any of the gold seller/bot type things would sort it out i would reckon.
    So you're not suggesting they ban buyers?

Because if they don't do that the bots have won, the game software is clearly fatally flawed with far too much done client-side and the server accepts whatever crap the hackers make the client send.
  • j.frank.nicholsb14_ESO
    Insta ban any buyers of the gold sellers as well, and make very public announcements of who (buyers) they have banned - make people think twice about supporting the bots.
    -
  • Pucifer
    Pucifer
    Buyers and sellers alike, i should have added that to make sure there was no confusion what so ever.
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of course things that would influence PVP should not be added. But something like a rare motif pack for $10 bucks doesn't hurt.
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And how exactly does this put botters out of business?

I must be too stupid to understand this.
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ElliottXO‌ I heard Botters wanna sell daedric motif for $40... can you get any more ridiculous than tha?
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Of course things that would influence PVP should not be added. But something like a rare motif pack for $10 bucks doesn't hurt.

Great, so we should be rewarding ZOS for making motifs so rare they're impossible to find? I don't think so, I rather give my money to the goldsellers :3
  • Reignskream
    Reignskream
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ElliottXO‌ I heard Botters wanna sell daedric motif for $40... can you get any more ridiculous than tha?

Sadly, tards pay them for that.

Otherwise this cycle of gold spammers/ bots coming back would be over with by now. But somehow, they're being supported. And i think ZOS should be looking for those people the most and banning their faces off.
    Edited by Reignskream on 18 May 2014 23:23
  • ElliottXO
    ElliottXO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sadly, tards pay them for that.

Otherwise this cycle of gold spammers/ bots coming back would be over with by now. But somehow, they're being supported. And i think ZOS should be looking for those people the most and banning their faces off.

Why would you want to lock it behind a paywall? You would also have to make them untradeable then...

Why not add them as rare drops from group dungeon bosses within your level range instead?

And bots won't disappear after that. There is still more than enough they can farm for profit...
  • kasain
    kasain
    ✭✭✭
    Quest or drops from the skull bosses or group public dubgeons. The fact this is a quest heavy game but you cant quest these items or the super hard bosses drop five gold and nit something like a book is flawed.

Bind on pick up
  • Don_X
    Don_X
    Soul Shriven
    Just make reporting bots and spammers one click in chat, then tag character with 12+ reports pending for PK. Simple and satisfying community policing for honest players.
    (PvE zones only)
    Edited by Don_X on 19 May 2014 13:15
  • Evandus
    Evandus
    ✭✭✭✭

If what this player is stating holds true - yes.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/98270/rare-motifs-in-game-currency-isn-t-enough-for-some-players-argh/p1
    Good job on nerfing the rare Motifs, Zenimax. Now we have players asking for real currency for the Daedric Motif in the game. You've made it so rare that some players are charging up to $200 via PayPal to obtain the item from them. (and you better bet players are paying out real cash for items like this in your game) <snip?

• DrywFiltiarn
    DrywFiltiarn
    ✭✭✭
    Super rare items could be added to store like the palomino horse $ that would be awesome!

That totally won't solve it, because these gold/item vendors will simply lower their price to below what ZoS would offer it for. Yes they would make less profit per item sold, but don't forget every penny they earn is pure profit to them, as their initial investment for hardware and gametime/accounts is money from stolen creditcards mostly anyway.