Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

May Madness: The NPC Smackdown

nerevarine1138
nerevarine1138
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, so there have been a lot of "Who's your favorite NPC?" threads as of late. But let's face it: being popular isn't as fun as beating people up. So without further ado, I present my totally definitive and utterly biased NPC Smackdown bracket. 32 of your favorite NPCs face off for complete dominance. Here's how this has to work (thanks to the polling system on this forum not working in my favor):

1. Visit the bracket here.
2. Imagine that the contests are numbered from the top down (so the top left is 1, the bottom left is 8, top right is 9, bottom right is 16).
3. Comment on this thread with your picks for this round only. Feel free to include arguments and/or blow-by-blow accounts of the fictional smackdowns to sway other voters.
4. After 1 week, I will tally the votes and create our next bracket. Voting will start over.
5. Have fun.
Edited by nerevarine1138 on 18 May 2014 13:45
----
Murray?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose it only makes sense that I get this started (also, this can serve as an example):

1. Ayrenn (FOR BECKINSALE)
    2. Raz (Because we all know Shalidor doesn't do well against crazy, and Raz is nuts.)
    3. Valaste (But only crazy Valaste.)
    4. Casimir (Because Lyris is awful.)
    5. Cadwell (Cleese always triumphs over evil.)
    6. Norion (Post-transformation Norion wins through sheer ugliness.)
    7. Nurya (She flirted with me, so she wins.)
    8. Gharesh-Ri (This one is slightly biased towards Khajiit.)
    9. M'Aiq (See 8.)
    10. Irrki (This is a tie in my head, but since ties are sometimes called "cat's game," cat wins by performing the head bump of domination.)
    11. Dringoth (Sai is a wimp.)
    12. Abnur (Molina Molina Molina Molina Molina.)
    13. Estre (I have a soft spot for crazy, racist cultists.)
    14. Sheogorath (This was kind of unfair, wasn't it?)
    15. Telenger (He's the Artificer. Kind of kills everything in his path.)
    16. Dumbledore (YER A WIZARD, VAREN)
    ----
    Murray?
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems like a perfect maintenance morning activity...
    ----
    Murray?
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭

If only there was a maintenance . . . but everything working as intended in good old Elder Bots Online - no need for it.
    Edited by Dita on 19 May 2014 12:38
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dita wrote: »

If only there was a maintenance . . .

Yeah, that throws a monkey in the engine (I'm working on making a new idiom). But people are at work, right? What better use of your time than this?
    ----
    Murray?
  • Dita
    Dita
    ✭✭✭
    ... But people are at work, right? What better use of your time than this?

Its a holiday in Canada - Victoria Day :)
    "Begun the Bot Wars has"
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Queen Ayrenn ... Going to have to follow with the Kate Beckinsale thing. Instant win.
    2. Shalidor ... he tried to fight with the mad god, gotta give him one win for his silly antics. And i'm not a fan of Raz.
    3. Valaste ... Get to watch her going slowly insane. Insanity plus magic would squish Colors.
    4. Lyris ... I like Lyris, plus she's big ... and has a big axe.
    5. Sir Cadwell ... amusing and barking mad ... and Aelif is shifty and needs a beat down.
    6. Angof ... Purely because i'm not a big fan of the AD area so don't know much about Norion.
    7. Nurya ... She's a flirt but in a good way. Gave me giggles.
    8. Fildgor ... One of the toughest fights i've had so i'm giving him this win.
    9. M'Aiq ... He's an Elder Scrolls legend. Been in every game since Morrowind, he has to win.
    10. Stibbons ... Fantastic character. Him and Lady Laurent are a perfect pair but he got a pure seal of awesome in Coldharbour with the notes on the Daedra that was flirting with him.
    11. Sai ... Bald bearded man that has a chance with Lyris.
    12. Tharn ... Sarcasm does make me chuckle and Merric isn't amusing at all. Tharn wins.
    13. Lady Laurent ... Her and Stibbons need to go through. Awesome pair.
    14. Sheogorath ... He's the mad god ... Mannimarco is a bit of a wuss. Sheo wins.
    15. No Fingers ... not really bothered about this one so went with fingers for having a giggle name.
    16. Dumbledore ... because Dumbledore.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You killed Raz!

Come on, people. Don't let him go down without a fight.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Chatoyancy
    Chatoyancy
    ✭✭✭
    1. Ayrenn.
    2. RAZ! RAZ!
    3. Sees-All-Colors
    4. Lyris.
    5. Cadwell.
    6. Norion.
    7. Nurya.
    8. Gharesh-Ri.
    9. M'aiq.
    10. Irrki.
    11. Dringoth is awesome.
    12. Abnur Tharn.
    13. Estre.
    14. Sheogorath.
    15. No-Fingers
    16. Prophet.
  • Loco_Mofo
    Loco_Mofo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude, where's the banker chick from Glenumbra?

I so wanted to tell her the 'what did the 5 fingers say to the face' joke...
  • Aeradon
    Aeradon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loco_Mofo wrote: »

You know the old saying...

1. Queen Ayrenn - Jorunn doesn't fit to be a King IMO
    2. Raz - He's a Khajiit, never fond of Shalidor calling me Adept after all I've done
    3. Valaste - Dislike Argonians and Colors wasn't really engaging
    4. Snow Lily - All I've done for Casimir and I'm just "some stranger"
    5. Jolly O' - Aeliff is plain weird, and Cadwell has kick ass damage aside his amusing dialogues
    6. N/A - Didn't engage much with them
    7. Jakarn - Just because he's a ladies man and actually has a brain about that nuke in Betnikh
    8. N/A
    9. M'aiq - Hands down to the legendary Khajiit
    10. Stibbons - We've been through too much, and his natural charm is plain amusing!
    11. Naked Redguard - I want an option to hide chest piece, and I want his Kratos shoulder piece.
    12. Tharn - So so amusing. No regrets of saving him even when he ran off to fulfil his duty to befit lore
    13. Laurent - I had always wanted to place a curse on her but nah, she's cute in her own ways
    14. Uncle Sheo - Come on, the worm king didn't stand a chance! I foresee him meeting M'Aiq few weeks later!
    15. Teenager
    16. The Prophet - Gotta love the robes and his ability to stand like Gandalf (They need to add that emote for staff users IMO, and youshallnotpass emote)
    Edited by Aeradon on 20 May 2014 04:59
    People keep telling me they're gonna buy me an ale. They never do.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's culture. And the Elves.

Help make this compilation complete!
    Compilation of Ideas and Suggestions
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loco_Mofo wrote: »

This poll is slightly weighted towards AD/EP characters, because I haven't really gotten into DC content yet. Although she apparently can't be killed by anything, so it's not really a fair contest.
    ----
    Murray?